WebSM website is dedicated to the methodological issues of Web surveys. It also covers broader area of interaction between modern technologies and survey data collection process.
Its core mission is to:
- provide professional information on web survey methodology and impact of new technologies on survey process,
- serve all key target groups (students, users, professionals) in all sectors (academic, public, business),
- stimulate the communication and interaction,
- integrate and increase the research cooperation,
- enforce more efficient implementation of web surveys.
In years 2003-2005 the website was redesigned and it took the current form. The support came from EU Fifth Framework program (Contract HPSE CT 2002 50031, proposal SETN 2002-00040, acronym: WebSMSite). The consortium was:
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Science, Centre for Methodology and informatics, Slovenia,
- Linkoeping University, Sweden,
- ZUMA, Germany,
- University of Bergamo, Italy.
After 2005 the essential components of the website (authors, bibliography, software) are still updated by the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Science, Centre for Methodology and informatics.
WebSM main substances are the following three databases:
- Bibliography with 3600 records in 2009;
- Authors of bibliography records (more than 2500 authors)..
- Software with around 400 software entries in 2009;
Further characteristics of WebSM website, including the social networks of the bibliographic co-authorship can be seen from 2007 plenary talk at ESRA conference: Vehovar, V. . (2007):
- Web Surveys: advantages and disadvantages - European survey research association conference 2007, ESRA, Prague http://www.websm.org/index.php?fl=5&
- Part of the PPT related to the structure of the WebSM, PP1>>
- Part of the PPT related to the social networks of co-authorships PPT2>>
- Mail: Centre for Methodolgy and informatics, Faculty of Social Sciences, Kardeljeva ploscad 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Phone: +386 1 5805 297, Fax: +386 1 5805 101,
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org