Web Survey Bibliography
Title IMRO Online Survey Satisfaction Research: A Pilot Study of Salience-based Respondent Experience Modeling
Access date 11.05.2004
Full text pdf (297k)
Abstract The Interactive Marketing Research Organization (IMRO) has been working to develop a survey satisfaction template that member organizations can use to evaluate the effectiveness of their online research design in producing a satisfactory survey experience. The pilot study for this program was conducted over a three month period from October 2002 to early January 2003. A total of 7,475 respondents from 17 different research projects participated in the program that was designed to explore the reasons for survey participation and to measure respondent satisfaction with the surveys they had completed. Key findings include: · Overall satisfaction across all online surveys tested was 70% Top Two Box 1 · “Time and effort required to complete the survey” and “good use of my time” were most highly correlated with overall satisfaction · Surveys that were rated most highly in satisfaction tended to be those with “community members” that were incented as a pay-per-complete.
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication2003
Web Survey Bibliography - Standards, codes (445)
- Mode Effects on In-Person and Internet Surveys: A Comparison of the General Social Survey and Knowledge...; 2008; Smith, T. W., Dennis, J. M.
- Using Paradata to Actively Manage Data Collection; 2008; Laflamme, F., Pasture, T., Talon, J., Maydan, M., Miller, A.
- Survey Research Methods (Applied Social Research Methods); 2008; Fowler, F.
- Ethical Issues in Surveys; 2008; Singer, E.
- Overview: Online Surveys; 2008; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Understanding and Managing Legal Issues in Internet Research; 2008; Charlesworth, A.
- The Ethics of Internet Research; 2008; Eynon, R., Fry, J., Schroeder, R.
- Internet surveys; 2008; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Koren, G.
- Mail and Internet Surveys ; 2008; Dillman, D. A.
- Handbook on Data Quality Assessment Methods and Tools; 2007; Ehling, M. (ed.), Koerner, T. (ed.), Bergdahl, M., Elvers, E., Foeldesi, E., Kron, A., Lohauss, P.,...
- Toward a Definition of Mixed Methods Research; 2007; Johnson, R. B., Onwuegbuzie, A. J., Turner, L. A.
- Internet research ethics; 2007; Ess, C.
- Surveys and Technology – Polishing the Crystal Ball; 2007; Neffendorf, H.
- ONLINE DATA COLLECTION – SOLUTION OR BAND-AID?; 2007; Crassweller, A., Williams, D., Thompson, I.
- Applications of the Document Object Model (DOM) in Web-Surveys; 2007; Neubarth, W., Kaczmirek, L.
- Interface Design and Testing for Electronic Self Administered Survey Forms using Excel; 2007; Farrell, E., Hewett, K., Rowley, T., Van Ede, L., Burnside, R.
- Automated data collection from internal Enterprise production systems ; 2007; Vik, T.
- Internet Surveys – Data Collection challenges for Statistics (Norway); 2007; Gløersen, R.
- Web-Based Research Tools and Techniques; 2007; Albrecht, A. C., Jones, D. G.
- Web Survey Design in ASP.Net 2.0: A Simple Task with One Line of Code; 2007; Liu, C.
- Responding to sensitive Questions in Surveys: A Comparison of Results from Online Panels, Face-to-Face...; 2007; Dayan, D., Schofield Paine, C., Johnson, A. J.
- Using Audio and Video Clips in Web Surveys — Feasibility and Impact on Data Quality; 2007; Fuchs, M., Funke, F.
- Introduction to using online surveys; 2007; Ritter, L. A., Sue, V. M.
- Fitting disposition codes to mobile phone surveys: experiences from studies in Finland, Slovenia and...; 2007; Callegaro, M., Buskirk, T. D., Vehovar, V., Kuusela, V., Piekarski, L., Steeh, C. G.
- Quality of Online Research: Does it Improve Results? ; 2007; Lindemann, M.
- Dynamic Forms: Online Surveys 2.0 ; 2007; Funke, F., Reips, U. -D.
- Online Research 2.0 » Join the MindVoyage ; 2007; Gadeib, A., Lichter, C.
- Using Change to Improve Navigation in Grid Questions ; 2007; Galesic, M., Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P., Conrad, F. G.
- Documentation of Online Surveys ; 2007; Kaczmirek, L., Neubarth, W., Bandilla, W., Watteler, O.
- The Impact of Screen Size and Background Color on Response in Web Surveys ; 2007; Baker, R. P., Couper, M. P.
- Minimizing Respondent Effort increases Use of Definitions in Web Surveys; 2007; Peytchev, A., Conrad, F. G., Couper, M. P., Tourangeau, R.
- Non-Differentiation and Web-Based Survey Methods: An Experiment; 2007; Taylor, E.
- Universal Accessibility in Web Survey Design: Practical Guidelines for Implementation.; 2007; Harrison, H. L., Coburn, J.
- Getting Action from Organizational Surveys: New Concepts, Technologies, and Applications; 2006; Kraut, A. I.
- What They See Is What You Get: Nuts and Bolts of Web Surveys; 2006; Baker, R. P.
- Case-based Heuristics for Addressing Ethical Dilemmas in Internet-based Research; 2006; McKee, H., Porter, J.
- Ethical issues in longitudinal surveys; 2006; Lessof, C.
- Web Surveys and the new Disability Discrimination Act; 2005; Macer, T.
- The relevance of quality standards for international online access panels; 2005; Oliver, A. J.
- Survey Says...Or Does It? Fun with Statistics; 2005; Crawford, W.
- An overview of the ethics of cyber-space research and the implication for nurse educators; 2005; Haigh, C., Jones, N. A.
- Conducting Primary Research Online; 2005; Foy, A.
- The spam problem from the point of view of the working group NEON; 2005; Escher, C., von Heesen, B., Lipsmeier, G., Dallwitz-Wegner, D., Daiber, A.
- When the Ethic is Functional to the Method: The Case of E-Mail Qualitative Interviews; 2004; Olivero, N., Lunt, P.
- A New Era for Telephone Surveys; 2004; Steeh, C. G.
- Collecting Research Data Online: Implications for Extension Professionals; 2004; O'Neill, B.
- International Differences in Information Privacy Concerns: A Global Survey of Consumers; 2004; Bellman, S., Johnson, E. O., Kobrin, S., Lohse, G.
- Online Data Collection from Video Game Players: Methodological Issues; 2004; Wood, R. T. A., Griffiths, M. D., Eatough, V.
- Internet research: privacy, ethics and alienation: an open source approach; 2004; Berry, D. M.
- Recruitment of research participants through the Internet; 2004; Im, E. O., Chee, W.