Web Survey Bibliography
Title Attitudes toward Internet Privacy: Slovenian Internet users's view
Access date 12.05.2004
Abstract The threats to the privacy increased in seventies with emergency of information and communication technologies. As found in Privacy & Human Rights 1999 report, privacy is threatened by three important trends: globalisation, convergence among technologies and multi-media. Internet is ideal environment for surveillance, which can be done by state authorities or employers, for marketing purposes or for criminal purposes. One of the key features of contemporary society is organisation, and organisation is tightly linked with surveillance. But privacy is one of the basic values of contemporary society on the other hand. This dichotomy is for us the main reason to analyse the attitudes of slovenian active internet users towards privacy, which is measured with several indicators. In the paper we present a set of indicators which are contiguous to privacy issues: attitude towards privacy, security culture including using antivirus tools and mode of response to unknown or suspicious e-mails and "visit link" invitations, well-knowing of data security systems and some indicators, measuring problems of privacy in the area of electronic commerce.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract)
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication2002
Web Survey Bibliography - Standards, codes (445)
- The Ethics of Conducting E-Mail Surveys; 2004; Krishnamurthy, S.
- Readings in Virtual Research Ethics: Issues and Controversies; 2004; Buchanan, E. A.
- Methodological and Ethical Problems in Analysis of Web Site Authors; 2004; Petric, G.
- Ethnography Online: ‘Natives’ Practising and Inscribing Community; 2004; Gatson, S. N., Zweerink, A.
- Internet research ethics in historical context; 2004; Ess, C.
- Legal issues of Internet research; 2004; Weiser, P.
- Internet Research Methods; 2004; Markham, A. N.
- Reading in Virutal Research Ethics; 2004; Anonymous
- Respect Thy Respondent Part II: Good Manners for Web surveys; 2004; Featherston, F., Moy, L.
- Addressing Trust In The Anonymity And Confidentiality Of Web Surveys Through Usability Testing; 2004; Fenlason, K., Lundby, K., Christianson DeMay, C.
- Psychological Research Online; 2004; Kraut, R., Olson, J., Banaji, M., Bruckman, A., Cohen, J., Couper, M. P.
- Human Research And Data Collection Via The Internet; 2004; Birnbaum, M. H.
- Ethical Dilemmas in Research on Internet Communities; 2004; Flicker, S., Haans, D., Skinner, H.
- Ensnaring Webs and Nets: ethical issues in Internet-based research; 2004; Cotton, A. H.
- Issues In An Internet Survey Among Midlife Asian Women; 2004; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- Issues in Internet survey research among cancer patients; 2004; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- Psychological Testing on the Internet: New Problems, Old Issues; 2004; Naglieri, J. A., Drasgow, F., Schmit, M., Handler, L., Prifitera, A., Margolis, A., Velasquez, R.
- Ethical and legal issues of conducting nursing research via the internet; 2004; Cirgin Ellett, M. L., Lane, L., Keffer, J.
- Using the Online Medium for Discursive Research About People With Disabilities; 2004; Bowker, N., Tuffin, K.
- DESAP: The European Self Assessment Checklist for Survey Managers; 2003
- Web Survey Mailer System; 2003; Barrios, E.
- Innovation in Online Research - Who Needs Online Panels?; 2003; Comley, P.
- The Tri-Council Policy Statement and Research in Cyberspace: Research Ethics, the Internet, and Revising...; 2003; Kitchin, H. A.
- Conducting research using web-based questionnaires: practical, methodological, and ethical considerations...; 2003; Fox, J., Murray, C., Warm, A.
- Internet Research: An Opportunity to Revisit Classic Ethical Problems in Behavioral Research; 2003; Pittenger, D. J.
- Rants, Ratings and Representation: ethical issues in researching online social practices; 2003; Knobel, M.
- Encountering distressing information in online research: a consideration of legal and ethical responsibilities...; 2003; Stern, S. R.
- Casting the net: using the internet for survey research; 2003; Stewart, S.
- Exploring motivations for consumer Web use and their implications for e-commerce; 2003; Joines, J. L., Scherer, C. W., Scheufele, D. A.
- Identifying key factors affecting consumer purchase behavior in an online shopping context; 2003; Park, C. -H., Kim, Y. -G.
- Methodological Rigor And Ethical Considerations In Internet-Mediated Research; 2003; Mathy, R. M., Kerr, D. L., Haydin, B. M.
- Web Surveys - Benefits and Considerations; 2003; Dominelli, A.
- The Impact of Customer Trust and Perception of Security Control on the Acceptance of Electronic Commerce...; 2003; Suh, B., Han, I.
- Online Social Research: Methods, Issues, And Ethics:Issues Of Attribution And Identification In Online...; 2003; Barnes, S.
- Innovative Web use to learn about consumer behavior and online privacy; 2003; Earp, J. B., Baumer, D.
- From paper to pixels: Moving personnel surveys to the Web; 2003; Thompson, L. F., Surface, E. A., Martin, D. L., Sanders, M. G.
- Visiting rural "virtual villages" through online surveys and online ethnography; 2003; Skerratt, S., Warren, M.
- Use of Internet Tools for Survey Research; 2003; Truell, A. D.
- Improving Web Page Revisitation: Analysis, Design and Evaluation; 2003; Cockburn, A., Greenberg, S., Jones, S., McKenzie, B., Moyle, M.
- IMRO Online Survey Satisfaction Research: A Pilot Study of Salience-based Respondent Experience Modeling...; 2003; MacElroy, B., Gray, M.
- The Effect of Data Collection Modality on Students’ Foreign Language Survey; 2003; Shieh, Y. Y.
- Psychological Research Online: Opportunities and Challenges; 2003; Kraut, R., Olson, J., Banaji, M., Bruckman, A., Cohen, J., Couper, M. P.
- Effects of sponsor identity and perceived data security on response rates and data quality; 2003; Davis, B., Levin, K., O'Brien, J., Wang, A., Gordon, A., Shipp, S.
- Does Order Really Make a Difference? The Impact of Respondent and Question Characteristics on Response...; 2003; O'Neill, G.E.
- The Impact of Lottery Incentives on Student Survey Response Rates; 2003; Whitcomb, M. E., Porter, S. R.
- Interactive aspects of web surveys: Modeling and clarifying users ' understanding of questions; 2002; Conrad, F. G.
- Visual design issues in Web surveys; 2002; Couper, M. P.
- Standards for Internet-Based Experimenting; 2002; Reips, U. -D.
- Generating data online: ethical concerns and challenges for the C21 researcher; 2002; Mann, C.
- Privacy, please; 2002; Mack, B.