Web Survey Bibliography
Title Material Incentives in Web Surveys - A Meta-Analysis
Author Goeritz, A.
Access date 17.05.2004
Abstract The hitherto empirical findings on the impact of material incentives on response and retainment in web surveys were meta-analyzed…material incentives both motivate people to start a web survey and once people have loaded a survey for whatever reasons incentives motivate them to stay until the end. The meta-analysis also yielded first indications under which circumstances incentives are especially useful. Because of the overall small impact of incentives on survey participation, however, it is concluded that intrinsic motivation seems to be the primary reason for taking part in web surveys. As a preliminary recommendation, practitioners should shift focus from material to immaterial incentives and take care that incentivedriven retainment is not at the expense of data quality.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract)
Year of publication2003
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - 2003 (396)
- Interactive Aspects of Web Surveys; 2003; Conrad, F. G., Couper, M. P., Tourangeau, R.
- Hyperlink Analyses of the World Wide Web: A Review; 2003; Park, H. W., Thelwall, M.
- Comparing Data Quality in Telephone and Internet Surveys: Results of Lab and Field Experiments; 2003; Krosnick, J. A.
- Measuring Visual Political Knowledge in Web-Based Surveys; 2003; Prior, M.
- The Effects of Visual Construction Variations on Answers to Internet Surveys; 2003; Dillman, D. A.
- Correcting for Sample Selection Bias in Internet Panel Surveys Based on Random Digit Dialing Sampling...; 2003; Dennis, J. M., Li, R. J., de Shazo, J. R., Cameron, T. A.
- Web Surveys: A meta-analysis; 2003; Vehovar, V.
- Methodological Problems with Measuring Social Networks on the Web; 2003; Vehovar, V.
- Internet Recruiting: The Effects of Web Page Design Features; 2003; Braddy, P. W., Foster Thompson, L., Wuensch, K. L., Grossnickle, W. F.
- An Experimental Comparison of Computer-Mediated and Face-to-Face Focus Groups; 2003; Underhill, C., Olmsted, M. G.
- Exploiting Hyperlinks to Study Academic Web Use; 2003; Wilkinson, D., Thelwall, M., Li, X.
- Who Participates and Why?; 2003; Weber, L. M., Loumakis, A., Bergman, J.
- Collecting Data on Ego-Centered Social Networks on the Web; 2003; Koren, G., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V., Hlebec, V.
- Latent Class Models for Studying Measurement-Related Mode Effects in Mixed-Mode Surveys; 2003; McCutcheon, A. L.
- Item Non-Response Reminder in a Web Survey; 2003; Fuchs, M.
- Methodological Issues in Mobile Phone Surveys; 2003; Vehovar, V., Batagelj, Z., Callegaro, M., Fuchs, M., Kuusela, V.
- How Visual Design Influences Responses to Internet and Other Self -Administered Questionnaires; 2003; Dillman, D. A.
- Design and Measurement Issues in Web Surveys; 2003; Couper, M. P.
- Web-Based Data Collection in Establishment Survey; 2003; Jeon, J.
- The Importance of Timeframe and Advertisement in Internet Surveys: An Exploratory Analysis; 2003; Casanovas, J., Esteves, J., Pastor, J.
- Potentiality of propensity scores methods in weighting for Web surveys: a simulation study based on...; 2003; Biffignandi, S., Toninelli, D., Pratesi, M.
- Statistik-Online- A New Approach to Collect Statistical Data by Internet; 2003; Pricking, T.
- Online Social Research: Methods, Issues, And Ethics:Issues Of Attribution And Identification In Online...; 2003; Barnes, S.
- Submit, Resist, or Subvert?: Organization Members’ Responses to Electronic Surveillance; 2003; Coopman, S., Watkins Allen, M., Hart, J.
- Applying The Tailored Design To Internet Surveys With College Students; 2003; Cotten, S. R.
- New Approaches Towards Collecting Data On Ego-Centered Social Networks - Interactive Web Questionnaires...; 2003; Koren, G., Hlebec, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- The Revolution Masterclass on Online research; 2003; Smith, P.
- Online relevance for competitive intelligence; 2003; Ojala, M.
- The Internet and financial planning practices; 2003; Yunich, R. H.
- Virtual Religion: A Study Of Spiritual Webmasters; 2003; McDaniel, T.
- Net research is not quite global; 2003; Parmar, A.
- Material Incentives in Web Surveys - A Meta-Analysis; 2003; Goeritz, A.
- Survey metrics ward off problems; 2003; Brown, J.
- We've got your numbers; 2003; Goddard, C.
- Web efforts energize customer research; 2003; Hogg, A.
- An Alternative Method for Poll Survey: Possibility of Using Mobile Phone Survey; 2003; Kang, M., Cho, S.
- The Clash of Traditional and New Media in the 2002 Korean Presidential Election; 2003; Loh, T.
- Utility of Web-based assessment of patient satisfaction with endoscopy; 2003; Harewood, G. C., Wiersema, M. J., de Groen, P. C.
- Innovative Web use to learn about consumer behavior and online privacy; 2003; Earp, J. B., Baumer, D.
- Cybersurveys come of age; 2003; Ray, N. M., Tabor, S. W.
- From paper to pixels: Moving personnel surveys to the Web; 2003; Thompson, L. F., Surface, E. A., Martin, D. L., Sanders, M. G.
- An empirical study on the adoption of information appliances with a focus on interactive TV; 2003; Choi, H., Choi, M., Kim, J., Yu, H.
- How much can technology help research?; 2003; Glass, N.
- Visiting rural "virtual villages" through online surveys and online ethnography; 2003; Skerratt, S., Warren, M.
- We seek them here, we seek them there. How technical innovation in mixed mode survey software is responding...; 2003; Macer, T.
- Internet-based Stated Preference Surveys: studies in public transport and traffic information; 2003; Killi, M., Nossum A.
- The Use of SMS as a Research Tool; 2003; Cooke, M., Strong, C., Nielsen, A.
- The Gold Standard Tarnishes: Is Online Research the Solution?; 2003; Coates, D.
- Mobile Phones and Telephone Survey Methods; 2003; Kuusela, V.
- SMS Polling: A Methodological Review; 2003; Duke, S.