Web Survey Bibliography
Title Innovative Web use to learn about consumer behavior and online privacy
Author Earp, J. B., Baumer, D.
Source Communications of the ACM, 46, 4, pp. 81
Access date 17.05.2004
Abstract A recent study uses an online survey that incorporates Web site screen captures to investigate consumer privacy fears and looks beyond consumer attitudes to investigate what Web sites can do to assuage consumer concerns about privacy. Survey respondents were very aware of the possible negative consequences of allowing personal information to fall into the wrong hands and appeared particularly concerned about lack of control of their information and unauthorized redistribution. In general, respondents did not appear impressed with the typical emoluments offered by Web sites in return for information. Responses reveal the expected: since the legal environment is uncertain, people protect themselves by being very careful as to what and to whom they reveal personal information.
Access/Direct link ProQuest (full text)
Bibliographic typeReports, seminars
Year of publication2003
Web Survey Bibliography - 2003 (403)
- Open-ended vs. Close-ended Questions in Web Questionnaires; 2003; Reja, U., Lozar Manfreda, K., Hlebec, V., Vehovar, V.
- Usability Testing of Electronic Surveys and Web Sites for Establishment Data Collection; 2003; Anderson, A. E.
- Web Survey Usability: Considerations for Private Sector Research; 2003; Christianson DeMay, C., Lundby, K., Fenlason, K.
- Some Factors that Influence Response Rates in Web-Based Surveys; 2003; Yesilcay, Y., Domangue, R. J.
- An Evaluation of Current Nonresponse and Coverage Adjustment Methods in Web Panel Surveys; 2003; Lee, Sunghee
- Visual Aspects of Web Survey Design; 2003; Couper, M. P., Tourangeau, R., Conrad, F. G.
- Interactive Aspects of Web Surveys; 2003; Conrad, F. G., Couper, M. P., Tourangeau, R.
- Hyperlink Analyses of the World Wide Web: A Review; 2003; Park, H. W., Thelwall, M.
- Comparing Data Quality in Telephone and Internet Surveys: Results of Lab and Field Experiments; 2003; Krosnick, J. A.
- Measuring Visual Political Knowledge in Web-Based Surveys; 2003; Prior, M.
- The Effects of Visual Construction Variations on Answers to Internet Surveys; 2003; Dillman, D. A.
- Correcting for Sample Selection Bias in Internet Panel Surveys Based on Random Digit Dialing Sampling...; 2003; Dennis, J. M., Li, R. J., de Shazo, J. R., Cameron, T. A.
- Web Surveys: A meta-analysis; 2003; Vehovar, V.
- Methodological Problems with Measuring Social Networks on the Web; 2003; Vehovar, V.
- Explaining Response Latencies and Changing Answers Using Client-Side Paradata From a Web Survey; 2003; Heerwegh, D.
- Internet Recruiting: The Effects of Web Page Design Features; 2003; Braddy, P. W., Foster Thompson, L., Wuensch, K. L., Grossnickle, W. F.
- An Experimental Comparison of Computer-Mediated and Face-to-Face Focus Groups; 2003; Underhill, C., Olmsted, M. G.
- Exploiting Hyperlinks to Study Academic Web Use; 2003; Wilkinson, D., Thelwall, M., Li, X.
- Who Participates and Why?; 2003; Weber, L. M., Loumakis, A., Bergman, J.
- Collecting Data on Ego-Centered Social Networks on the Web; 2003; Koren, G., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V., Hlebec, V.
- Latent Class Models for Studying Measurement-Related Mode Effects in Mixed-Mode Surveys; 2003; McCutcheon, A. L.
- Item Non-Response Reminder in a Web Survey; 2003; Fuchs, M.
- Methodological Issues in Mobile Phone Surveys; 2003; Vehovar, V., Batagelj, Z., Callegaro, M., Fuchs, M., Kuusela, V.
- How Visual Design Influences Responses to Internet and Other Self -Administered Questionnaires; 2003; Dillman, D. A.
- Design and Measurement Issues in Web Surveys; 2003; Couper, M. P.
- Web-Based Data Collection in Establishment Survey; 2003; Jeon, J.
- The Importance of Timeframe and Advertisement in Internet Surveys: An Exploratory Analysis; 2003; Casanovas, J., Esteves, J., Pastor, J.
- Potentiality of propensity scores methods in weighting for Web surveys: a simulation study based on...; 2003; Biffignandi, S., Toninelli, D., Pratesi, M.
- Statistik-Online- A New Approach to Collect Statistical Data by Internet; 2003; Pricking, T.
- Online Social Research: Methods, Issues, And Ethics:Issues Of Attribution And Identification In Online...; 2003; Barnes, S.
- Submit, Resist, or Subvert?: Organization Members’ Responses to Electronic Surveillance; 2003; Coopman, S., Watkins Allen, M., Hart, J.
- Applying The Tailored Design To Internet Surveys With College Students; 2003; Cotten, S. R.
- New Approaches Towards Collecting Data On Ego-Centered Social Networks - Interactive Web Questionnaires...; 2003; Koren, G., Hlebec, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- The Revolution Masterclass on Online research; 2003; Smith, P.
- Online relevance for competitive intelligence; 2003; Ojala, M.
- The Internet and financial planning practices; 2003; Yunich, R. H.
- Virtual Religion: A Study Of Spiritual Webmasters; 2003; McDaniel, T.
- Net research is not quite global; 2003; Parmar, A.
- Material Incentives in Web Surveys - A Meta-Analysis; 2003; Goeritz, A.
- Survey metrics ward off problems; 2003; Brown, J.
- We've got your numbers; 2003; Goddard, C.
- Web efforts energize customer research; 2003; Hogg, A.
- An Alternative Method for Poll Survey: Possibility of Using Mobile Phone Survey; 2003; Kang, M., Cho, S.
- The Clash of Traditional and New Media in the 2002 Korean Presidential Election; 2003; Loh, T.
- Utility of Web-based assessment of patient satisfaction with endoscopy; 2003; Harewood, G. C., Wiersema, M. J., de Groen, P. C.
- Innovative Web use to learn about consumer behavior and online privacy; 2003; Earp, J. B., Baumer, D.
- Cybersurveys come of age; 2003; Ray, N. M., Tabor, S. W.
- From paper to pixels: Moving personnel surveys to the Web; 2003; Thompson, L. F., Surface, E. A., Martin, D. L., Sanders, M. G.
- An empirical study on the adoption of information appliances with a focus on interactive TV; 2003; Choi, H., Choi, M., Kim, J., Yu, H.
- How much can technology help research?; 2003; Glass, N.