Web Survey Bibliography
Title Using a web-based survey to assess correlates of intention towards HIV testing among never-been-tested but sexually experienced college students
Author Hou, S.-I., Wisenbaker, J. M.
Source AIDS Care, 17, 3, pp. 329-334
Access date 14.06.2005
Abstract The purpose of this study is to identify influential psychosocial factors predicting testing intention among college students who have never been tested but are sexually experienced. A web-based survey was conducted during the spring semester in 2003 in a major Southeastern university (N=440). Results showed only 7.7% of the students expressed intention despite having been sexually experienced. Multiple logistic regression models showed that the combined five psychosocial factors examined (perceived pros, cons, risk, self-efficacy and availability/accessibility related to testing) significantly predicted testing intention (p<0.001). Two factors, perceived pros (OR=1.641) and perceived risk (OR=1.357), showed significant coefficients. The reduced model with only these two predictors showed increased correct classification of students in terms of their testing intention (from 91.8 to 93.4%). Results suggested that educational and prevention programmes aimed at encouraging testing should address these important testing-related psychosocial constructs to maximize programme impacts. Future studies need to further investigate the role of other factors in affecting testing intention or related behaviours among other sub-groups of students.
Access/Direct link Journal (abstract)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication2005
Web Survey Bibliography - 2005 (421)
- Online Research Tools for Dual-Purpose Competitive Intelligence Campaigns; 2005; Lueker, T.
- On-The-Go Polls; 2005; Shermach, K.
- Online Research: Online research captures audience insight, competitive data; 2005; Hirt-Marchand, J.
- Inquisite Web Survey Technology Cuts Market Research Costs; 2005; Anonymous
- The effect of personalization on response rates and data quality in web surveys; 2005; Heerwegh, D., Vanhove, T., Matthijs, K., Loosveldt, G.
- Sharing Solutions: Online Surveys; 2005; Anonymous
- Tips for Creating Effective Surveys; 2005; Anonymous
- Online Research Displacing Phone and Mail Methods.; 2005; Anonymous
- Mentoring and tutoring within administrative internship programs in American universities; 2005; Wilmore, E., Bratlien, M.
- The analysis of antecedents of customer loyalty in the Turkish mobile telecommunication market; 2005; Serkan, A., Goekhan, Oe.
- Marketing orientation in the European Union mobile telecommunication market; 2005; Kurtinaitiene, J.
- Career-focused employee transfer processes; 2005; Prince, J. B.
- Combining Operations Management and Information Systems Curricula: Assessing Alumni Preparations for...; 2005; Silva, D., McFadden, K. L.
- Preliminary validation of a hope scale for a rare health condition using web-based methodology; 2005; Vernberg, D., Snyder, C. R., Schuh, M.
- Information Needs and Visitors' Experience of an Internet Expert Forum on Infertility; 2005; Himmel, W., Meyer, J., Kochen, M. M., Michelmann, H.-W.
- How New Subscribers Use Cancer-Related Online Mailing Lists; 2005; Rimer, B. K., Lyons, E. J., Ribisl, K. M., Bowling, J. M., Golin, C. E., Forlenza, M. J., Meier, A.
- Use of Internet Audience Measurement Data to Gauge Market Share for Online Health Information Services...; 2005; Wood, F. B., Benson, D., LaCroix, E.-M., Siegel, E. R., Fariss, S.
- When Methodology Interferes With Substance; 2005; Schoen, H., Faas, T.
- E-mail Subject Lines and Their Effect on Web Survey Viewing and Response; 2005; Porter, S. R., Whitcomb, M. E.
- Comparability of Data Gathered from Evaluation Questionnaires on Paper and Through the Internet; 2005; Leung, D., Kember, D.
- Who Are the People Reluctant to Participate in Research? Personality Correlates of Four Different Types...; 2005; Marcus, B., Schuetz, A.
- Was this guide helpful? Users' perceptions of subject guides; 2005; Courtois, M. P., Higgins, M. E., Kapur, A.
- There Is Hope for the Future: National Survey Results Reveal that Geriatric Medicine Fellows Are Well...; 2005; Pan, C. X., Carmody, S., Leipzig, R. M., Granieri, E., Sullivan, A., Block, S. D., Arnold, R. M.
- Evaluation of surgical margins in melanocytic lesions: a survey among 152 dermatopathologists; 2005; Sellheyer, K., Bergfeld, W. F., Stewart, E., Roberson, G., Hammel, J.
- Orientations to happiness and life satisfaction: the full life versus the empty life; 2005; Peterson, C., Park, N., Seligman, M.
- E-mail and mixed mode database surveys revisited: Exploratory analyses of factors affecting response...; 2005; Roy, A., Berger, P. D.
- European Environmental NGOs: Issues, Resources and Strategies in Marine Campaigns; 2005; Richards, J. P., Heard, J.
- Teacher-Student Interaction and Learning in On-line Theological Education. Part I: Concepts and Concerns...; 2005; Heinemann, M. H.
- An Internet Study of Cybersex Participants; 2005; Daneback, K., Cooper, A., Mansson, S.-A.
- Web sources, resources and strategies for legal research; 2005; Omekwu, C. O.
- Language and values in the human cloning debate: a web-based survey of scientists and christian fundamentalist...; 2005; Weasel, L., Jensen, E.
- Customer perceptions of e-service quality in online shopping; 2005; Lee, G.-G., Lin, H.-F.
- Global e-tailing: US consumers' intention to shop for cultural products on the internet; 2005; Lee, S.-E., Littrell, M. A.
- Web acceptance and usage model: A comparison between goal-directed and experiential web users; 2005; Sánchez-Franco, M. J., Roldán, J. L.
- Web-based and Mailed Questionnaires: A Comparison of Response Rates and Compliance; 2005; Baelter, K., Balter, O., Fondell, E., Trolle-Lagerros, Y.
- Incentives in Web-based studies: What to consider and how to decide (WebSM Guide No. 2); 2005; Goeritz, A.
- Special CiW Interviewing Topics; 2005; King, C.
- Advanced CiW Programming Workshop; 2005; King, C.
- Web-based Survey Research: Lessons from the University of Akron Study; 2005; Berry, R. M.
- Using a web-based survey to assess correlates of intention towards HIV testing among never-been-tested...; 2005; Hou, S.-I., Wisenbaker, J. M.
- Comparing survey and diary measures of internet and traditional media use; 2005; Greenberg, B. S., Eastin, M. S., Skalski, P., Cooper, L., Levy, M., Lachlan, K.
- Smoking Cessation Research via the Internet: A Feasibility Study; 2005; Stoddard, J. L., Delucchi, K. L., Muñoz, R. F., Collins, M., Pérez-Stable, E. J., Augustson,...
- Researching Internet-Based Populations: Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Survey Research, Online...; 2005; Wright, K. B.
- Bloggers' Expectations of Privacy and Accountability: An Initial Survey; 2005; Viégas, F. B.
- About Response Rates; 2005; Langer, G.
- Telephone, Internet, and Paper Data Collection Modes for the Census 2000 Short Form; 2005; Schneider, S. J., Cantor, D., Malakhoff, L., Arieira, C., Segel, P., -L., Nguyen, K.-L., Guarino Tancreto...
- News Discrepancy and Information Search: The Effects of News Slants on Audiences' Information Search...; 2005; Hwang, H., Heo, K., Lee, S.-Y.
- The use of internet surveys for the evaluation of mobility information systems; 2005; Baeumer, M.
- Lessons Learned from Implementing a Web Survey; 2005; McNally, K.
- 2005 Internet Web Design Presentation Description; 2005; Brady, S.