Web Survey Bibliography
Title An empirical study on the adoption of information appliances with a focus on interactive TV
Author Choi, H., Choi, M., Kim, J., Yu, H.
Source Telematics and Informatics, 20, 2, pp. 161-183
Access date 17.05.2004
Abstract Home-style information appliances are expected to increase in number and variety rapidly in the near future. User adoption of new technology for information appliances may be different from adoption of other technologies in that the appliances are mainly used at home by consumers who have never encountered such technology before. We developed a theoretical model of technology adoption specific to interactive TV, a representative example of information appliances, based on prior research regarding general technology acceptance. We also conducted a large-scale online survey to test the validity of the proposed model. The results from pretest and pilot studies indicated that measures for the proposed model met content validity, reliability and construct validity. Finally, results from LISREL analysis indicated that three factors influencing behavioral intention were attitude, subjective norm and perceived behavioral control. Attitude was influenced by attitudinal belief, which could be measured by perceived usefulness, trialability, result demonstrability, image and enjoyment. Subjective norm was influenced by normative belief, which could be measured by belief from family and belief from friends. Perceived behavioral control was influenced by control belief, which could be measured by rapidity of change in technology, cost and ease of use. This paper concludes with statements of implications and limitations of the study results.
Access/Direct link ScienceDirect (full text)
Year of publication2003
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - Other (471)
- International Guidelines on Computer-Based and Internet-Delivered Testing; 2006
- Online community survey: an effectiveness measure for revealing citizen preferences in their role as...; 2006; Martin Juanil, D., Ismail, M.
- Internet Science and Open Access: First Day of a Honeymoon ; 2006; Reips, U. -D., Matzat, U.
- The Mode Effect: A Literature Review of Human and Technological Issues in Computerized Testing; 2006; Leeson, H. V.
- Gaining synergy through multi-method research A Nokia Trends case study; 2006; Casas, I., Peña, G., Pérez-Galán, C.
- Response rates: Avoiding the red herrings; 2006; Postoaca, A.
- Social class and life style differences between modes of data collection; 2006; Schillewaert, N., Verhaeghe, A., Weijters, B., De Wulf, K.
- Perceptions of News Credibility about the War in Iraq: Why War Opponents Perceived the Internet as the...; 2006; Choi, J.H., Watt, J.H., Lynch, M.
- The Internet and Anti-War Activism: A Case Study of Information, Expression, and Action; 2006; Nah, S., Veenstra, A.S., Shah, D. V.
- Web-based data collection in China; 2006; Davison, R. M., Li, Y., Kam, C. S. P.
- Encuestas a empleados a través de Internet: Conceptos y descubrimientos; 2006; Reips, U. -D.
- An Application of E-mail Suvey Using a Word Form; 2006; Graeml, A. R., Csillag, J. M.
- An Experimental Study on the Effects of Personalization, Survey Length Statements, Progress Indicators...; 2006; Heerwegh, D., Loosveldt, G.
- Response Order Effects in International Online Surveys; 2006; Thomas, R. K., Greenfield, S., Bremer, J.
- Regular events in travel behaviour research: setup of a longitudinal websurvey; 2006; Cools, M., Moons, E., Wets, G.
- Do print and Web surveys provide the same results?; 2006; Huang, H. -M.
- An investigation of the effect of lotteries on web survey response rates; 2006; Heerwegh, D.
- A National Web-Based Survey of Sunscreen Products as a Tool for Industry Self-Regulation, Consumer Awareness...; 2006; Summers, B., Summers, R. S., Muller, E.
- Mobile vs. Fixed-line Surveys in Hong Kong; 2006; Bacon-Shone, J., Lau, L.
- Reliability and validity of egocentered network data collected via web: A meta-analysis of multilevel...; 2006; Coromina, L., Coenders, G.
- Developing and validating a nursing website evaluation questionnaire; 2005; Tsai, S. - L., Chai, S.-K.
- The Web experiment list: A Web service for the recruitment of participants and archiving of Internet...; 2005; Reips, U. -D., Lengler, R.
- Survey of substance use among high school students in Taipei: Web-based questionnaire versus paper-and...; 2005; Wang, Y. C., Lee, C. M., Lew-Ting, C. Y., Hsiao, C. K., Chen, W. J.
- Digital Video as Research Practice: Methodology for the Millennium; 2005; Shrum, W., Duque, R., Brown, T.
- Thoughts on Internet Research in Europe; 2005; Harris Interactive
- Measuring Perceived and Actual Response Burden in Business Surveys; 2005; Dale, T., Haraldsen, G., Jones, J., Hedlin, D.
- Web survey design for predicting performance using network questions; 2005; Coromina, L.
- Expert Appraisals of BusinessWeb Survey Applications; 2005; Haraldsen, G.
- Sampling procedure, questionnaire design, online implementation; 2005; Jackob, N., Arens, J., Zerback, T.Jowell, R.; de Rouvray, C.
- Implementing web-surveys for software requirements elicitation; 2005; Belani, H., Pripuzic, K., Kobas, K.
- Online surveys: Possible sources of errors; 2005; Galesic, M.
- Web surveying academics in seven European countries: challenges encountered; 2005; Smeenk, S., van Selm, M., Eisinga, R.
- Stated Preference Surveys on Internet – an Effective Method for Finding Passengers’ Preferences...; 2005; Nossum, A.
- Multimodal method for data collection in complex marketing research and business intelligence; 2005; Klicek, B. F., Begicevic, N., Geric, S.
- Effect of Background, Motivational and Social Network Variables on Academic Performance of PhD Students...; 2005; Guia, J., Coromina, L., Coenders, G.
- Conducting representative online research. A summary of five years of learnings; 2005; Stenbjerre, M., Laugesen, J. N.
- Using a World Wide Web Survey to Obtain Marketing Information for Business Decisions: A Comparison with...; 2005; Medlin, C., Subroto, R., Theong, H. C.
- The analysis of antecedents of customer loyalty in the Turkish mobile telecommunication market; 2005; Serkan, A., Goekhan, Oe.
- Marketing orientation in the European Union mobile telecommunication market; 2005; Kurtinaitiene, J.
- Comparability of Data Gathered from Evaluation Questionnaires on Paper and Through the Internet; 2005; Leung, D., Kember, D.
- E-mail and mixed mode database surveys revisited: Exploratory analyses of factors affecting response...; 2005; Roy, A., Berger, P. D.
- European Environmental NGOs: Issues, Resources and Strategies in Marine Campaigns; 2005; Richards, J. P., Heard, J.
- Persuasiveness on the Internet: Factors influencing participation in Web survey; 2005; Zajac, J.
- Do not touch data from late-received online questionnaires: Analysis of late responder in a closed-pool...; 2005; Stieger, S., Voracek, M.
- Lessons From An Online Experiment; 2005; Loewe, G., Read, D., Airoldi, M.
- Exploring users' attitudes and intentions toward the web as a survey tool; 2005; Huang, H. -M., Liaw, S. S.
- Segmenting Internet shoppers based on their Web-usage-related lifestyle: a cross-cultural validation; 2005; Brengman, M., Geuens, M., Weijters, B., Smith, S. M., Swinyard, W. R.
- Response and Field Period Effects: The Effect of Time in Online Market Research and Consequences for...; 2004; Basso Larsen, R., Rathod, S.
- Response effects in Europe; 2004; Basso Larsen, R., Rathod, S.
- Short Web-based versions of the perceived stress (PSS) and Center for Epidemiological Studies-Depression...; 2004; Herrero, J., Meneses, J.