Web Survey Bibliography
Title The WWW as a research medium: An illustrative survey on paranormal belief
Author Goeritz, A., Schumacher, J.
Source Perceptual and Motor Skills, 90, pp. 1195-1206
Access date 21.06.2005
Abstract Data collected with a short World Wide Web (WWW) survey on paranormal belief, age, sex, locus of control, extraversion, emotional and physical well-being, and mood were compared with findings from recent literature while controlling for effects of self-selection. Each variable was measured with one item. The sample comprised 342 women, 648 men, and 8 participants of unknown sex, of whom 76.7% were self-selected and 23.3% did not select themselves. There was a weak but, given the large sample, significant effect of self-selection regarding paranormal belief (rpb 932 = .08) but no relationships for paranormal belief and the examined variables. In the entire sample, statistically significant correlations ranging from .13 to .07 between paranormal belief and female sex, scores on external locus of control, good mood, extraversion, and emotional well-being corresponded with previous offline results.
Access/Direct link Authors homepage (abstract)
Year of publication2000
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - 2000 (225)
- The measurement of personal values in survey research: A test of alternative rating procedures; 2000; McCarty, J. A., Shrum, L. J.
- Questionnaire design for probability-based Web surveys; 2000; Dennis, J. M., de Rouvray, C., Couper, M. P.
- Model of behavioral intention. A two-factor motivational model of behavioral intention; 2000; Thomas, R. K.
- Internet vs. telephone data collection: Does method matter? Summary of key findngs; 2000
- Effect of response order on likert-type scales; 2000; Weng, L. J., Cheng, C. P.
- DMS/AOL's Opinion Place expands research services to offer broadest online representation available...; 2000
- Research Report: The Evolving Relationship Between General and Specific Computer Self-Efficacy—...; 2000; Agarwal, R., Sambamurthy, V., Stair, R.
- Old, new make up today's surveys.; 2000; James, D.
- Blaise Internet Services put to the test: Web-surveying the construction industry; 2000; Wings, H., Roos, M.
- Software Comes Down to Earth; 2000; Macer, T.
- Using Web questionnaires for judgement and decisoin making research; 2000; Baron, J., Siepmann, M.
- Experiments with Incentives in Telephone Surveys; 2000; Singer, E., van Hoewyk, J., Maher, M. P.
- Computer-assisted text analysis; 2000; Popping, R.
- The cognitive psychology online laboratory; 2000; Francis, G., Neath, I., Surprenant, A. M.
- A Model for Diagnosing and Reducing Nonresponse Bias.; 2000; Colombo, R.
- Tell me, what did you see? The stimulus on computers; 2000; Krantz, J. H.
- Computer software and qualitative analysis: trends, issues and resources; 2000; Lee, R. M., Esterhuizen, L.
- A Propensity Score Adjustment for Selection Bias in Online Surveys; 2000; Bremer, J., Terhanian, G., Smith, R.
- Measuring engineering students' attitudes toward statistics and probability using Internet data collection...; 2000; Sorge, C., Schau,C., Hubele, N., Kennedy, D.
- Comparison of Telephone, Mail, Web, and IVR Surveys; 2000; Bason, J. J.
- An Experiment in Web-Based Data Collection; 2000; Tsapogas, J. A., Collins, M. A.
- Increasing the Response Rate to E-Mail Surveys; 2000; Dommeyer, C. J., Moriarty, E.
- Web and Mail Survey: Comparison on a Large-Scale Project; 2000; Kennedy, J. M., Kuh, G. D., Li, S., Hayek, J., Inghram, J., Bannister, N., Segar, K.
- Sampling and Weighting for Web Surveys; 2000; Krotki, K.
- Mode effects in an Internet/Paper Survey of Employees; 2000; Ramirez, C., Sharp, K., Foster Thompson, L.
- Probability-Based Web Surveying: An Overview; 2000; Rivers, D.
- Validity of Web-Based Surveys: Explorations with Data from 2,382 Teenagers; 2000; Brainbridge, W. S.
- Method and Representation in Internet-Based Survey Tools: Mobility, Community, and Cultural Identity...; 2000; Witte, J. C., Amoroso, L. M., Howard, P. E. N.
- Use of a Website Questionnaire as One Method of Participation in a Physician Survey; 2000; Olson, L., Srinath, K. P., Burich, M. C.
- Why Survey Online? A Practical Look at Issues in the Use of the Internet for Surveys in Higher Education...; 2000; Ballantyne, C.
- Electronic Surveys: A Comparison of E-mail, Web and Mail; 2000; Smee, A., Brennan, M.
- The Effectiveness of Institutional Effectiveness: Doing an Institutional Effectiveness Survey on the...; 2000; Carrigan, S. D., Fisher, J. E., Handwerk, P. G.
- Distance no longer a barrier: Using the internet as a survey tool in educational research; 2000; Dix, K. L., Anderson, J.
- Cost and Errors of Web Surveys in Establishment Surveys; 2000; Batagelj, Z., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V., Zaletel, M.
- Towards An Understanding Of Participation In Non-Restricted Web-Surveys - A Typology And Explanatory...; 2000; Bosnjak, M., Bandilla, W.
- Cognitive Issues In The Design Of Web Surveys; 2000; Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P.
- Best Practices for Building Web Surveys; 2000; Graham, J.
- Surveyings via Internet on the enterprises: methodological aspects and an analysis of the interviewed...; 2000; Biffignandi, S., Pratesi, M.
- Marktforschung mit Online Panels: State of the Art; 2000; Goeritz, A., Reinhold, N., Batinic, B.
- The WWW as a research medium: An illustrative survey on paranormal belief; 2000; Goeritz, A., Schumacher, J.
- Invites, intros and incentives: lessons form a web survey; 2000; Bauman, S., Jobity, N., Airey, J., Atak, H.
- Web-based Data Collection and Assessment in Student Affairs; 2000; Upcraft, M. L., Wortman, T. I.
- Comparative Response to a Survey Executed by Post, E-mail, & Web Form; 2000; Yun, G. W., Trumbo, C. W.
- Health surveys via the Internet: quick and dirty or rapid and robust?; 2000; Fischbacher, C., Chappel, D., Edwards, R., Summerton, N.
- Developing Usability Guidelines for AudioCasi Respondents with Limited Literacy Skills; 2000; Schneider, S. J., Edwards, B.
- Technology Effects: Do CAPI or PAPI Interviews Take Longer?; 2000; Fuchs, M., Couper, M. P., Hansen, S. E.
- Technological concerns for library managers; 2000; Stover, M.
- Navigating Electronic Survey Methods: Three Pilot Studies; 2000; Franceschini, L. A.
- The Electronic Survey Technique: An Integration and Assessment; 2000; Simsek, Z., Veiga, J. F.
- What Users Want From a Tool for Analyzing and Documenting Electronic Questionnaires: The User Requirements...; 2000; Kelly, M.