Web Survey Bibliography
Title Global e-tailing: US consumers' intention to shop for cultural products on the internet
Author Lee, S.-E., Littrell, M. A.
Source International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 33, 2, pp. 133-147
Database Ingenta Select
Access date 25.07.2005
Abstract Purpose - Aims to investigate consumers' shopping values and web site beliefs that influence their intention to shop for cultural products. Design/methodology/approach - Uses the Theory of Reasoned Action (TRA) as a framework to explain the structural interrelationships among internet shopping value, beliefs about the web site, shopping attitude, and shopping intention. A total of 203 persons responded to an invitation to participate in a web survey for the purpose of data analysis. Findings - Consumers' beliefs about the web site, especially with regard to merchandising, both directly and indirectly influenced their intention to shop for cultural products in the future. The proposed model supported the effectiveness of the extended TRA in the context of cultural product shopping on the internet. Overall, the findings confirmed elements of the TRA such as belief structures as determinants of attitudes and attitudes as determinants of behavioral intention. Practical implications - Consumers who shop for cultural products on the internet have both hedonic and utilitarian shopping values and both these values must be addressed by internet retailers. Regular changes in products and presentation are vital for maintaining repeat patronage. Future research should explore how shopping values are related to web site attributes in different contexts of shopping. Originality/value - Offers valuable recommendations to internet retailers, if they are to retain customers in a very specialized arena.
Access/Direct link Database (abstract)
Year of publication2005
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - 2005 (418)
- Inquisite Web Survey Technology Cuts Market Research Costs; 2005; Anonymous
- The effect of personalization on response rates and data quality in web surveys; 2005; Heerwegh, D., Vanhove, T., Matthijs, K., Loosveldt, G.
- Sharing Solutions: Online Surveys; 2005; Anonymous
- Tips for Creating Effective Surveys; 2005; Anonymous
- Online Research Displacing Phone and Mail Methods.; 2005; Anonymous
- Mentoring and tutoring within administrative internship programs in American universities; 2005; Wilmore, E., Bratlien, M.
- The analysis of antecedents of customer loyalty in the Turkish mobile telecommunication market; 2005; Serkan, A., Goekhan, Oe.
- Marketing orientation in the European Union mobile telecommunication market; 2005; Kurtinaitiene, J.
- Career-focused employee transfer processes; 2005; Prince, J. B.
- Combining Operations Management and Information Systems Curricula: Assessing Alumni Preparations for...; 2005; Silva, D., McFadden, K. L.
- Preliminary validation of a hope scale for a rare health condition using web-based methodology; 2005; Vernberg, D., Snyder, C. R., Schuh, M.
- Information Needs and Visitors' Experience of an Internet Expert Forum on Infertility; 2005; Himmel, W., Meyer, J., Kochen, M. M., Michelmann, H.-W.
- How New Subscribers Use Cancer-Related Online Mailing Lists; 2005; Rimer, B. K., Lyons, E. J., Ribisl, K. M., Bowling, J. M., Golin, C. E., Forlenza, M. J., Meier, A.
- Use of Internet Audience Measurement Data to Gauge Market Share for Online Health Information Services...; 2005; Wood, F. B., Benson, D., LaCroix, E.-M., Siegel, E. R., Fariss, S.
- When Methodology Interferes With Substance; 2005; Schoen, H., Faas, T.
- E-mail Subject Lines and Their Effect on Web Survey Viewing and Response; 2005; Porter, S. R., Whitcomb, M. E.
- Comparability of Data Gathered from Evaluation Questionnaires on Paper and Through the Internet; 2005; Leung, D., Kember, D.
- Who Are the People Reluctant to Participate in Research? Personality Correlates of Four Different Types...; 2005; Marcus, B., Schuetz, A.
- Was this guide helpful? Users' perceptions of subject guides; 2005; Courtois, M. P., Higgins, M. E., Kapur, A.
- There Is Hope for the Future: National Survey Results Reveal that Geriatric Medicine Fellows Are Well...; 2005; Pan, C. X., Carmody, S., Leipzig, R. M., Granieri, E., Sullivan, A., Block, S. D., Arnold, R. M.
- Evaluation of surgical margins in melanocytic lesions: a survey among 152 dermatopathologists; 2005; Sellheyer, K., Bergfeld, W. F., Stewart, E., Roberson, G., Hammel, J.
- Orientations to happiness and life satisfaction: the full life versus the empty life; 2005; Peterson, C., Park, N., Seligman, M.
- E-mail and mixed mode database surveys revisited: Exploratory analyses of factors affecting response...; 2005; Roy, A., Berger, P. D.
- European Environmental NGOs: Issues, Resources and Strategies in Marine Campaigns; 2005; Richards, J. P., Heard, J.
- Teacher-Student Interaction and Learning in On-line Theological Education. Part I: Concepts and Concerns...; 2005; Heinemann, M. H.
- An Internet Study of Cybersex Participants; 2005; Daneback, K., Cooper, A., Mansson, S.-A.
- Web sources, resources and strategies for legal research; 2005; Omekwu, C. O.
- Language and values in the human cloning debate: a web-based survey of scientists and christian fundamentalist...; 2005; Weasel, L., Jensen, E.
- Customer perceptions of e-service quality in online shopping; 2005; Lee, G.-G., Lin, H.-F.
- Global e-tailing: US consumers' intention to shop for cultural products on the internet; 2005; Lee, S.-E., Littrell, M. A.
- Web acceptance and usage model: A comparison between goal-directed and experiential web users; 2005; Sánchez-Franco, M. J., Roldán, J. L.
- Web-based and Mailed Questionnaires: A Comparison of Response Rates and Compliance; 2005; Baelter, K., Balter, O., Fondell, E., Trolle-Lagerros, Y.
- Incentives in Web-based studies: What to consider and how to decide (WebSM Guide No. 2); 2005; Goeritz, A.
- Special CiW Interviewing Topics; 2005; King, C.
- Advanced CiW Programming Workshop; 2005; King, C.
- Web-based Survey Research: Lessons from the University of Akron Study; 2005; Berry, R. M.
- Using a web-based survey to assess correlates of intention towards HIV testing among never-been-tested...; 2005; Hou, S.-I., Wisenbaker, J. M.
- Comparing survey and diary measures of internet and traditional media use; 2005; Greenberg, B. S., Eastin, M. S., Skalski, P., Cooper, L., Levy, M., Lachlan, K.
- Smoking Cessation Research via the Internet: A Feasibility Study; 2005; Stoddard, J. L., Delucchi, K. L., Muñoz, R. F., Collins, M., Pérez-Stable, E. J., Augustson,...
- Researching Internet-Based Populations: Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Survey Research, Online...; 2005; Wright, K. B.
- Bloggers' Expectations of Privacy and Accountability: An Initial Survey; 2005; Viégas, F. B.
- About Response Rates; 2005; Langer, G.
- Telephone, Internet, and Paper Data Collection Modes for the Census 2000 Short Form; 2005; Schneider, S. J., Cantor, D., Malakhoff, L., Arieira, C., Segel, P., Nguyen, K.-L., Guarino Tancreto...
- News Discrepancy and Information Search: The Effects of News Slants on Audiences' Information Search...; 2005; Hwang, H., Heo, K., Lee, S.-Y.
- The use of internet surveys for the evaluation of mobility information systems; 2005; Baeumer, M.
- Lessons Learned from Implementing a Web Survey; 2005; McNally, K.
- 2005 Internet Web Design Presentation Description; 2005; Brady, S.
- Surveying Respondents Aged 57 and Older about Sex; 2005; Zuckerbraun, S.
- Web based Computer Audio Recorded Interview (Web CARI); 2005; Suresh, R.
- Web-based Data Coding and Cleaning; 2005; Iverson, J.