Web Survey Bibliography
Title The relevance of quality standards for international online access panels
Author Oliver, A. J.
Access date 14.09.2005
Abstract Early initiatives of many industry bodies (ESOMAR, MRS, ADM, SYNTEC, MOA) have proactively taken initiatives to formulate guidelines for online research. However, as the industry was then still learning how to conduct an online survey, relevant topics were missed in these early guidelines. Moreover these local guidelines differed from each other and, as many online surveys have an international character, the market is at present largely unregulated. Therefore it is often difficult to learn exactly what quality standard, if any, is being applied. As long as the quality definitions are unknown or blurred, online panels will stay under the suspicion of being a somewhat unreliable or unpredictable research tool.
Year of publication2005
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - Standards, codes (431)
- Are Mode Preferences Real?; 2009; Millar, M. M., O'Neill, A. C., Dillman, D. A.
- The Internet as a research site: establishment of a web-based longitudinal study of the nursing and...; 2009; Huntington, A., Gilmour, J., Schluter, P., Tuckett, A., Bogossian, F., Turner, C.
- Mobile Phone Interviewing - Why being engaged is a good thing!; 2009; Johnson, A. J., Martin, P.
- Mobility, Flexibility and Identity - How the use of mobile questionnaires improves the data quality...; 2009; Hellwig, O., Wirth, T.
- Anytime, Anywhere Mobile Interviewing: Comparing Mobile Voice and Web Response Patterns; 2009; Petit, F. C.
- Using mobile phones to measure TV-broadcast quality; 2009; Wieland, J. L., Puggaard, B.
- Life360: Use of Mobile Technology for Electronic Ethnographic Studies; 2009; W., Lai, J. W., Vanno, L., Makowska, H., Benezra, K., Green, M.Link, M. W.
- Ethical suicide research: A survey of researchers ; 2009; Lakeman, R., Fitzgerald, M.
- Mobile phone surveys in mixed mode environment; 2009; Vehovar, V.
- Providing Real-Time Incentives for Anonymous Web Surveys; 2008; Heinrich, T.
- Technology and the Survey Interview and Questionnaire; 2008; Couper, M. P.
- National Surveys Via RDD Telephone Interviewing vs. the Internet: Comparing Sample Representativeness...; 2008; Chang, L. C., Krosnick, J. A.
- Quality Criteria for Quantitative, Qualitative and Mixed Methods Research: A View from Social Policy...; 2008; Bryman, A., Becker, S., Sempik, J.
- Encyclopedia of Survey Research Methods; 2008; Lavrakas, P. J.
- Internet, Mail, and Mixed-Mode Surveys: The Tailored Design Method ; 2008; Dillman, D. A., Christian, L. M., Smyth, J. D.
- The Methodological Issues Associated With Internet-Based Research; 2008; Beddows, E.
- Experiments in Mobile Web Survey Design; 2008; Peytchev, A., Hill, C.
- A multimedia-based and time-sensitive interactive web survey for road user opinion on traffic condition...; 2008; Posawang, P., Phosaard, S., Polnigongit, W., Pattara-Atikom, W.
- CAQDAS, Secondary Analysis and the Coding of Survey Data; 2008; Fielding, N.
- Machines that Learn how to Code Open-Ended Survey Data: Underlying Principles, Experimental Data, and...; 2008; Sebastiani, F.
- Computer coding of 1992 ANES Like/Dislike and MIP responses; 2008; Fan, D. F.
- CATA (Computer Aided Text Analysis) Options for the Coding of Open-Ended Survey Data; 2008; Skalski, P.
- Classifying Open Occupation Descriptions in the Current Population Survey; 2008; Conrad, F. G., Couper, M. P.
- Coding Responses Generated by Open-Ended Questions: Meaning Matching or Meaning Inference?; 2008; Potter, J.
- Open-ended questions and text analysis; 2008; Popping, R.
- Coding Verbal Data - What to Optimize?; 2008; Krippendorff, K.
- Practical advice for conducting ethical online experiments and questionnaires for United States psychologists...; 2008; Barchard K. A., Williams, J.
- Research Instruments: Driving e-Science? ; 2008; Schroeder, R.
- The US Institutional Review Board and Online Research Ethics; 2008; Markham, A., Buchanan, E. A., Ess, C.
- What Can We Achieve With 5 Euros? Optimization of Survey Data Quality Using Mixed-Mode Approaches; 2008; Berzelak, N., Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Measuring Non-Response Cross Nationally; 2008; Blom, A. G.
- Testing the Effects of Multiple Manipulations on Print and Online Survey Response Rates: Lessons Learned...; 2008; Bachman, M., Vaccaro, D.
- Validating Check-All and Forced-Choice Question in a Paper Survey of Provincial Park Campground Users...; 2008; Dyck, B., Moore, D.
- Rate of Response in Web-Based Data Collection as a Factor of Author of E-mail Invitation; 2008; Mitra, A.
- Graduate vs. Undergraduate Student Respondent Behavior Differences in Web Surveys; 2008; Showen, S., Eisenberg, D., Roe, D. J.
- Mode Effects and Non-Response Bias in an Undergraduate Student Satisfaction Survey: Results from a Randomized...; 2008; Beach, S., Musa, D., Beeson, P., Sparks, C.
- Worth the Weight?: The Benefits and Pitfalls in Applying Survey Weights to Web Surveys of College Undergraduates...; 2008; Bloom, J. D.
- Improving the Efficiency of Web Survey Experiments; 2008; Luks, S., Rivers, D.
- Computing Metrics for Online Panels; 2008; Callegaro, M., DiSogra, C.
- 2006 Canadian Census Internet Mode Effect Study; 2008; Grondin, C., Sun, L.,
- Mode Effects on In-Person and Internet Surveys: A Comparison of the General Social Survey and Knowledge...; 2008; Smith, T. W., Dennis, J. M.
- Using Paradata to Actively Manage Data Collection; 2008; Laflamme, F., Pasture, T., Talon, J., Maydan, M., Miller, A.
- Survey Research Methods (Applied Social Research Methods); 2008; Fowler, F.
- Ethical Issues in Surveys; 2008; Singer, E.
- Overview: Online Surveys; 2008; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Understanding and Managing Legal Issues in Internet Research; 2008; Charlesworth, A.
- The Ethics of Internet Research; 2008; Eynon, R., Fry, J., Schroeder, R.
- Internet surveys; 2008; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Koren, G.
- Mail and Internet Surveys ; 2008; Dillman, D. A.
- Internet research ethics; 2007; Ess, C.