Web Survey Bibliography
Title Conducting representative online research. A summary of five years of learnings
Author Stenbjerre, M., Laugesen, J. N.
Access date 14.09.2005
Abstract Conducting representative online market research requires three preconditions: high internet penetration among the survey population; a reliable sampling frame (e.g., an access panel); valid sampling (and weighting) procedures. Based on experiences from the five years the online research institute Zapera has been in operation in the Nordic region, this paper discusses and reviews aspects relating to all three preconditions. The paper starts by reviewing the current levels of internet penetration in the Nordic region, then discusses various aspects from recruitment to incentivisation that contribute to the establishment and maintenance of a reliable sampling frame. The latter part of the paper presents data from a recently conducted exit poll in connection with the general election in Denmark to illustrate both the promise and the limitations of online research at the current point in time. The paper ends with a brief discussion of some of the promises and problems in store for the future of online research.
Year of publication2005
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - Denmark (33)
- Does survey experience affect respondents’ reported level of satisfaction?; 2012; Schultz Christensen, A., Ladenburg, J.
- Efficiency of Different Recruitment Strategies for Web Panels; 2012; Hansen, K. M., Pedersen, R. T.
- Complex cross validation of new and known data in online questionnaires, Experiences from the ESS surveys...; 2012; Stax, H.-P.
- Using the Web to Snowball Discussants of Survey Respondents; 2012; Hopmann, D. N.
- Web-based survey design for unravelling semi-compensatory choice in transport and urban planning; 2012; Kaplan, S., Bekhor, S., Shiftan, Y.
- “Don’t know” the difference - An experimental comparison between Web and CATI; 2011; Schielicke, A.-M., Degen, M.
- On Affordances and Technological Intersubjectivity; 2011; Vatrapu, R.
- Usability and burden measurement in online forms; 2011; Thomsen, P.
- Dynamic Data Editing in online data collection for the Vacant Positions Survey; 2011; Stax, H.-P.
- Utilizing Web Technology in Business Data Collection: Some Norwegian, Dutch and Danish Experiences; 2011; Snijkers, G., Haraldsen, G., Stax, H.-P.
- Does the Inclusion of a Cost Attribute in Forced and Unforced Choices Matter? Results from a Web Survey...; 2011; Pedersen, L. B., Kjaer, T., Kragstrup, J., Gyrd-Hansen, D.
- Utilizing Web Technology in Business Data Collection: Some Norwegian, Dutch and Danish Experiences; 2011; Haraldsen, G., Snijkers, G., Roos, M., Sundvoll, A., Vik, T., Stax, H.-P.
- Examination of a ’Web Mode Effect’. An Experimental Comparison of Web and Paper Based Surveys...; 2011; Shamshiri-Petersen, D., Clement, S. L.
- Does question order influence sensitivity to scope? Empirical findings from a web-based contingent valuation...; 2011; Nielsen, J. S., Kjaer, T.
- Does the number of choice sets matter? Results from a web survey applying a discrete choice experiment...; 2011; Bech, M., Kjaer, T., Lauridsen, J.
- Web Surveys in the Social Sciences: An Overview ; 2010; Frippiat, D., Marquis, N.
- The impact of incentives and interview methods on response quantity and quality in diary- and booklet...; 2010; Bonke, J., Fallesen, P.
- Measuring Internet And Press Audience In The Media Convergence Era. In Search Of A New Paradigm In Researching...; 2009; Pawlak, J., Póltorak, M.
- Choosing Between Internet and Mail Survey Modes for Choice Experiment Surveys Considering Non-Market...; 2009; Bøye Olsen, S.
- Using mobile phones to measure TV-broadcast quality; 2009; Wieland, J. L., Puggaard, B.
- Differential response rates in postal and Web-based surveys in older respondents; 2009; Bech, M., Kristensen, M. B.
- Response rate and completeness of questionnaires: A randomized study of internet versus Paper-and-Pencil...; 2007; Holm- Christensen, K., Hjollund, H. N., , ; Basnov, M.; Kongsved, S.M.
- Sampling Problems inWeb Surveys; 2005; Steffensen, J. B.
- Conducting representative online research. A summary of five years of learnings; 2005; Stenbjerre, M., Laugesen, J. N.
- Response effects in Europe; 2004; Basso Larsen, R., Rathod, S.
- Feasibility of Collecting Diary Data From Asthma Patients Through Mobile Phones and SMS (Short Message...; 2004; Anhoej, J., Moeldrup, C.
- The impact of material incentives on response quantity, response quality, sample composition, survey...; 2004; Goeritz, A.
- The Use of WWW Surveys in Library Research; 2004; Steffensen, J. B.
- Self-selection as a Sampling Method in Web Surveys; 2004; Steffensen, J. B.
- A Comparison of CAPI and PAPI in a Nationally Representative Danish Health Survey; 2004; Ekholm, O., Hesse, U., Norlev, J., Davidsen, M.
- Asking about quantity and frequency of alcohol consumption before asking the CAGE questions produces...; 2004; Etter, J. -F.
- Online Panels; 2002; Reinhold, N., Batinic, B., Goeritz, A.
- Online Research: Methoden, Anwendungen und Ergebnisse ; 1999; Batinic, B., Bandilla, W., Graef, L., Werner, A.