Web Survey Bibliography
Title Think before you dial
Author Gillin, D. L.
Source Marketing Research, 14, 4, pp. 7
Access date 18.05.2004
Abstract If you are placing survey research calls to cellular telephones, you might be in violation of federal law. Restrictions in the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) regarding calls to cell phones apply to all unsolicited calls made using an automatic telephone dialing system or a recorded message, where the called party is charged for the call. The TCPA prohibits the following: 1. calls made to a cellular phone without the prior consent of the person called, 2. calls made using an automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice, and 3. calls charged to the receiving party. Anyone placing survey research calls to cell phones must be aware of the legal parameters for such calls.
Access/Direct link ProQuest (full text)
Year of publication2002
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - Standards, codes (430)
- Issues In An Internet Survey Among Midlife Asian Women; 2004; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- Issues in Internet survey research among cancer patients; 2004; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- Psychological Testing on the Internet: New Problems, Old Issues; 2004; Naglieri, J. A., Drasgow, F., Schmit, M., Handler, L., Prifitera, A., Margolis, A., Velasquez, R.
- Ethical and legal issues of conducting nursing research via the internet; 2004; Cirgin Ellett, M. L., Lane, L., Keffer, J.
- Using the Online Medium for Discursive Research About People With Disabilities; 2004; Bowker, N., Tuffin, K.
- Web Survey Mailer System; 2003; Barrios, E.
- Innovation in Online Research - Who Needs Online Panels?; 2003; Comley, P.
- The Tri-Council Policy Statement and Research in Cyberspace: Research Ethics, the Internet, and Revising...; 2003; Kitchin, H. A.
- Conducting research using web-based questionnaires: practical, methodological, and ethical considerations...; 2003; Fox, J., Murray, C., Warm, A.
- Internet Research: An Opportunity to Revisit Classic Ethical Problems in Behavioral Research; 2003; Pittenger, D. J.
- Rants, Ratings and Representation: ethical issues in researching online social practices; 2003; Knobel, M.
- Encountering distressing information in online research: a consideration of legal and ethical responsibilities...; 2003; Stern, S. R.
- Casting the net: using the internet for survey research; 2003; Stewart, S.
- Exploring motivations for consumer Web use and their implications for e-commerce; 2003; Joines, J. L., Scherer, C. W., Scheufele, D. A.
- Identifying key factors affecting consumer purchase behavior in an online shopping context; 2003; Park, C. -H., Kim, Y. -G.
- Methodological Rigor And Ethical Considerations In Internet-Mediated Research; 2003; Mathy, R. M., Kerr, D. L., Haydin, B. M.
- Web Surveys - Benefits and Considerations; 2003; Dominelli, A.
- The Impact of Customer Trust and Perception of Security Control on the Acceptance of Electronic Commerce...; 2003; Suh, B., Han, I.
- Online Social Research: Methods, Issues, And Ethics:Issues Of Attribution And Identification In Online...; 2003; Barnes, S.
- Innovative Web use to learn about consumer behavior and online privacy; 2003; Earp, J. B., Baumer, D.
- From paper to pixels: Moving personnel surveys to the Web; 2003; Thompson, L. F., Surface, E. A., Martin, D. L., Sanders, M. G.
- Visiting rural "virtual villages" through online surveys and online ethnography; 2003; Skerratt, S., Warren, M.
- Use of Internet Tools for Survey Research; 2003; Truell, A. D.
- Improving Web Page Revisitation: Analysis, Design and Evaluation; 2003; Cockburn, A., Greenberg, S., Jones, S., McKenzie, B., Moyle, M.
- IMRO Online Survey Satisfaction Research: A Pilot Study of Salience-based Respondent Experience Modeling...; 2003; MacElroy, B., Gray, M.
- The Effect of Data Collection Modality on Students’ Foreign Language Survey; 2003; Shieh, Y. Y.
- Psychological Research Online: Opportunities and Challenges; 2003; Kraut, R., Olson, J., Banaji, M., Bruckman, A., Cohen, J., Couper, M. P.
- Effects of sponsor identity and perceived data security on response rates and data quality; 2003; Davis, B., Levin, K., O'Brien, J., Wang, A., Gordon, A., Shipp, S.
- Does Order Really Make a Difference? The Impact of Respondent and Question Characteristics on Response...; 2003; O'Neill, G.E.
- The Impact of Lottery Incentives on Student Survey Response Rates; 2003; Whitcomb, M. E., Porter, S. R.
- Interactive aspects of web surveys: Modeling and clarifying users ' understanding of questions; 2002; Conrad, F. G.
- Visual design issues in Web surveys; 2002; Couper, M. P.
- Standards for Internet-Based Experimenting; 2002; Reips, U. -D.
- Generating data online: ethical concerns and challenges for the C21 researcher; 2002; Mann, C.
- Privacy, please; 2002; Mack, B.
- Ethical issues of online communication research; 2002; Capurro, R., Pingel, C.
- Ethics of Internet Research: Contesting the Human Subjects Research Model; 2002; Bassett, E. H., O'Riordan, K.
- Representations or people?; 2002; White, M.
- What is special about the ethical issues in online research?; 2002; Elgesem, D.
- Research ethics in Internet-enabled research: Human subjects issues and methodological myopia; 2002; Walther, J. B.
- Ethical Issues for Qualitative Research in On-line Communities; 2002; Brownlow, C., O'Dell, L.
- Issues in protection of human subjects in Internet research; 2002; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- Using the Internet for surveys and health research; 2002; Eysenbach, G., Wyatt, J. C.
- The Dissemination of Data Among the Agencies and the Statistical Offices and Data Access for Research...; 2002; Biggeri, L.
- Government Perspective on Data Stewardship for Statistical Data; 2002; Brackstone, G., White, P.
- Data Confidentiality and Access Issues Among Federal Agencies; 2002; Bournazian, J., Eden, D., Greenberg, B., Cohen, S. H.
- The Political Economy of Privacy Among Special Populations: The Power Factor; 2002; Crowley, M.
- Confidentiality, Disclosure, and Data Access: Summary of a Conference; 2002; Doyle, P.
- Ethics and Efficacy in Releasing Official Statistics to the Public and Data Users; 2002; Gordon, N. M.
- Shifting Articulations of Internet Privacy; 2002; Gustafson, K.