Web Survey Bibliography
Title Collecting data in the information age: Exploring Web-based survey methods in educational research
Author Saxon, D., Garratt, D., Gilroy, P., Cairns, C.
Source Research in Education
Access date 20.09.2005
Abstract As the use of the Internet expands, Web-based survey methods are increasingly being used to collect data for commercial and academic surveys. The Recognition of ICT Skills of Staff project is a JISC-funded scoping study of the ICT skills of staff in UK universities and colleges. The tRISSt project is conducting a number of wide-ranging surveys using electronic methods to gather data from staff in all universities and colleges and so has had to face the related problems of how to acquire and then analyse a very large data set. This article describes how Web-based methods have been used in the project, explores the rationale for the use of such methods and discusses the effects on the running of the project within the context of existing research into the use of Web-based surveys.
Access/Direct link Journal (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication2003
Web Survey Bibliography - 2003 (403)
- The British Life and Internet Project: inaugural survey findings; 2003; Gunter, B., Russell, C., Withey, R., Nicholas, D.
- DESAP: The European Self Assessment Checklist for Survey Managers; 2003
- Electronic Voting Machines – A comparison applying the principles of computer-human interaction...; 2003; Callegaro, M., Peytcheva, E.
- Partipation in Online Surveys: Results from a Series of Experimen; 2003; Smith, R. M., Kiniorski, K.
- Effects of questionnaire length, respondent-friendly design, and a difficult question on response rates...; 2003; Dillman, D. A., Sinclair, M.D., Clark, J.R.
- Computer Science Approaches: Visualization Tools and Software Metrics; 2003; McCabe, T.
- Weighting methods; 2003; Kalton, G., Flores Cervantes, I.
- Web-based data collection; 2003; Tourangeau, R.
- Using Web-based surveys to conduct counseling research; 2003; Granello, D. H., Weathon, J. E.
- The science of asking questions; 2003; Schaeffer, N. C., Presser, S.
- The democratization of research; 2003; MacElroy, B.
- Response order effects – how do people read?; 2003; Duffy, B.
- Response latency methodology for survey research: Measurement and modeling strategies; 2003; Mulligan, K. et al.
- Respondent-generated intervals: Do they help in collecting quantitative data?; 2003; Lusinchi, D.
- Report of the results of the Asthma awareness survey; 2003
- Presidential approval. You're only as good as your rating scale; 2003; Thomas, R. K. et al.
- On the importance of importance: An examination of weighting evaluation ratings with importance ratings...; 2003; Thomas, R. K. et al.
- Maximum difference scaling: Improved measures of importance and preference for segmentation; 2003; Cohen, S. H.
- Introduction to survey quality; 2003; Biemer, P. P., Lyberg, L. E.
- Evaluation of the minimal important difference for the feeling thermometer and the St. George's...; 2003; Schunemann, H. J. et al.
- Determining the probability of selection for a telephone household in a random digit dial sample design...; 2003; Triplett, T. A., Abi-Habib, N.
- Documenting comparative surveys for secondary analysis; 2003; Mohler, P., Uher, R.
- Determining the Probability of Selection for a Telephone Household in a Random Digit Dial Sample Design...; 2003; Triplett, T. A., Abi-Habib, N.
- Cognitive Aspects of Survey Measurement and Mismeasurement; 2003; Tourangeau, R.
- Effect of Alternative Data Collection Modes on Cooperation Rates and Data Quality; 2003; Brady, S. E., Stapleton, C. N., Bouffard, J. A., Imel, J. D.
- Collecting behavioural data using the world wide web: considerations for researchers; 2003; Rhodes, S. D., Bowie, D, A., Hergenrather, K. C.
- Repairing Tom Swift’s Electric Factor Analysis Machine; 2003; Preacher, K. J., MacCallum, R. C,
- ImageJ; 2003; Rasband, W.
- Make Way for Web Surveys; 2003; Bankston, K.
- Kognitive Prozesse und Antwortverhalten in einer Internet-Befragung; 2003; Fuchs, M.
- Comparison of E-mail, Fax, and Postal Surveys of Pediatricians; 2003; McMahon, S. R., Iwamoto, M., Massoudi, M. S., Yusuf, H. R., Stevenson, J. M., David, F., Chu, S. Y.,...
- Towards Standardisation of Survey Outcome Categories and Response Rate Calculations; 2003; Lynn, P., Beerten, R., Laiho, J., Martin, J.
- The Influence of Visual Layout on Scalar Questions in Web Surveys; 2003; Christian, L. M.
- Web Survey Mailer System; 2003; Barrios, E.
- Prepaid and promised incentives in Web surveys - An experiment; 2003; Bosnjak, M., Tuten, T. L.
- Conducting On-line Surveys in Software Engineering; 2003; Punter, T., Ciolkowski, M., Freimut, B., John, I.
- A pilot study of a computer-assisted cell-phone interview (CACI) methodology to survey respondents in...; 2003; Wilkins, C., Casswell, S., Barnes, H. M., Pledger, M.
- Internet Marketing Research: Recources and Techniques; 2003; Forrest, E.
- Data editing by respondents and data suppliers; 2003; Weir, P.
- The Seven E-learning Barriers Facing Employees; 2003; Mungania, P.
- Experiences in e-survey development for IS research: Lessons from the use of automated control tools; 2003; Scornavacca, E., Becker, J.L., Barnes, S. J.
- Survey Response Behavior Shirking in Internet and Telephone Surveys; 2003; VanBeselaere, C.
- Using Internet-based Surveys to Reach Hidden Populations: Case of Nonabusive Illicit Drug Users; 2003; Duncan, D., White, J., Nicholson, T.
- Design Issues in Web-Based Electronic Business Surveys; 2003; Nichols, E. M., Murphy, E. D., Norman K. L., Rivadeneira, A., Eaton, C.
- Changes to Editing Strategies when Establishment Survey Data Collection Moves to the Web; 2003; Anderson, A. E., Cohen, S. H., Murphy, E. D.., Nichols, E. M., Sigman, R. S., Willimack, D. K.
- Synthesis of Results from the Response Mode and Incentive Experiment; 2003; Casper, R., Shaw, K. A.
- A Test of a Bimodal Survey Model on the Cooperative Communicators Association: A case Study; 2003; Brashears, T., Bullock, S., Akers, C.
- The Infusion of Internet-Based Surveys and Postal Mail Surveys; 2003; McGlothlin, J. M.
- The design of Web surveys: Interactive and visual features of Web questionnaires; 2003; Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P., Conrad, F. G.
- Web/Online Surveys; 2003; Burke, A.