Web Survey Bibliography
Title Migrating to a Web-based Format While Improving the Edit Process for the Public Libraries Survey
Access date 07.10.2005
Abstract Increasing respondent burden and processing costs associated with editing Public Libraries Survey (PLS) data, along with the desire to improve the quality of the data and the need for edit compatibility to a new web-based survey, are some of the reasons for undertaking research on how to improve the PLS edit process. Under the old edit software, analysts followed up unnecessarily on a number of valid responses. On the other hand, some large errors escaped the edits. With the survey going to a web-based format, we needed to determine which edits would remain in-house and which would go online, taking into consideration the sophistication of our respondents. Our research focused on using edit methodology in the appropriate places in the PLS data collection and processing phases to improve the overall editing process for the new web-based survey. We modified or removed malfunctioning edits and looked at relationships between data items and selected appropriate ratio edits, determined the parameters for the ratio edits after examining a variety of competing methods, and determined which ratio edits would go online. As time permitted, we also examined macro-editing procedures.
Access/Direct link JSM (abstract)
Year of publication2005
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - Costs (474)
- Applying theory to structure respondents' stated motivations for participating in web surveys; 2009; Han, V., Albaum, G., Wiley, J. B., Thirkell, P.
- The Collected Works of Robert M. Groves, 6 Book Set (Wiley Series in Survey Methodology); 2009; Groves, R. M.
- How To Get Paid Taking Surveys In Your Spare Time!; 2009; Magwood, R.
- "Paid Surveys" - Get Paid Taking Surveys In Your Spare Time!; 2009; Perreira, D.
- The use of online data-collection in financial services market measurement research : the FRS experience...; 2009; Cooke, M., Watkins, N.
- Usability of Mobile Surveys; 2009; Tarkus, A.
- Implementation of a reaction time tool for brand measurement at Swisscom; 2009; Paar, I., Urbahn, J.
- Comparing the results of Web surveys on volunteer versus probabilistically selected panels of participants...; 2009; Mirta, G.
- Understanding the willingness to participate in mobile surveys: Exploring the role of hedonic, affective...; 2009; Bosnjak, M., Metzger, G.
- Integrating Mobile Surveys into digital market research: Recommendations for Mobile Panel operation...; 2009; Friedrich-Freksa, M., de Groote, Z., Metzger, G.
- Acceptability of the use of new technologies by interviewees in surveys; 2009; Roux, S., Marchal, P., Armoogum, J.
- Optimising survey costs in mixed mode environment; 2009; Vehovar, V., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K., Belak, E.
- Analyzing the Cost-Effectiveness of Using Return Receipt and Address Corrections in Mail Surveys; 2009; Stuckey, H. L., Malhotra, N., Sims, B. A., Walters, M. R.
- Effectiveness of incentives in web surveys within mixed-mode systems: An evaluation of errors & costs...; 2009; Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Representativeness of web surveys to the general public ; 2009; Sonck, N.
- Using Internet survey paradata to optimize survey questionnaire design; 2009; Heerwegh, D.
- Effectiveness of incentives in mixed-mode systems: An evaluation of errors & costs; 2009; Vehovar, V.; Lozar Manfreda, K.; Berzelak, N.
- "Mobile phone surveys in mixed mode environment: Balancing costs and errors"; 2009; Vehovar, V.
- Panel Discussion: Industry Sustainability In Light Of Recent Quality Initiatives; 2009; Pearson, C., Shapero, D., Umeh, K., Boen, D.
- Addressing the Cell Phone-Only Problem: Cell Phone Sampling Versus Address Based Sampling; 2009; W., Daily, G., Shuttles, D. C., Bourquin, C., Yancey, L. T.Link, M. W.
- Money talks: non-monetary incentive and Internet administration fail to increase response rates to a...; 2009; Recklitis, C. J., Campbell, E. G., Kutner, J. S., Bober, S. L.
- Developing an Internet-based survey to collect program cost data; 2009; Caffray, C. M., Chatterji, P.
- Mobile phone surveys in mixed mode environment; 2009; Vehovar, V.
- Towards a flexible online mixed method design with a feedback loop; 2009; Lobe, B., Vehovar, V.
- Changing times, changing modes: The future of public opinion polling?; 2008; Terhanian, G.
- Costs and Benefits from Conducting a Supplemental Sample of Cell Phone Numbers in National RDD Surveys...; 2008; Kennedy, C.
- The implications of variation in national data-collection mode access and rates of access change: a...; 2008; Blyth, B.
- What Can We Achieve With 5 Euros? Optimization of Survey Data Quality Using Mixed-Mode Approaches; 2008; Berzelak, N., Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Nonresponse in web surveys within the context of survey errors and survey costs; 2008; Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- Evaluating the Potential Contributions of a Web-based Convenience Sample to the Accuracy of a Probability...; 2008; Elliott, M. N., Haviland, A.
- Experiment on Use of Internet Cell Phone Only Panelists to Supplement RDD Samples; 2008; Turakhia, C., Schulman, M. A., Bohinsky, S.
- Relative Costs of a Multi-frame, Multi-mode Enhancement to an RDD Survey; 2008; Edwards, W. S., Brick, J. M., Grant, D. B.
- Evaluating Efficiency and Effectiveness of Cell Phone Samples; 2008; Sen, S., Zmud, J., Arce, C.
- Offering Respondents a Choice of Survey Mode: Use Patterns of an Internet Response Option in a Mail...; 2008; Gentry, R. J.
- The MacroPoll Wireless Experience: Development and Lessons Learned.; 2008; Austin, J. D., Zullwack, R., Dyer, A., Dayton, J. J.
- Does Including Cell-Only Households in an RDD Survey Change the Estimates? The Case of the American...; 2008; Bryant, B. E., Baker, R. P.
- Use of FedEx: Early, Late or Never?; 2008; Pope, D.
- Top concerns for our industry; 2008; Grapentine, T.
- Integration of the web into survey data collection: Balancing costs and errors; 2008; Vehovar, V., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Optimization of costs and errors in mixed-mode surveys; 2008; Vehovar, V., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Cost efficiency in a mixed-mode survey – The Norwegian Rent Marked Survey; 2008; Lagerstrom, B. O.
- Dependent Interviewing: Effects on Respondent Burden and Efficiency of Data Collection; 2008; Jaeckle, A.
- A Primer on Web Surveys; 2008; Austin, T. M., Richter, R. R., Reinking, M. F.
- Mixed mode: the only 'fitness' regime?; 2008; Blyth, B.
- Computer-assisted self-interviews: A cost effectiveness analysis; 2008; L. Vanable, P. A., Eriksen, M. D., L.Brown, J. L.
- Learning and fatigue during choice experiments: a comparison of online and mail survey modes; 2008; Savage, S. J., Waldman, D. M.
- Internet surveys; 2008; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Koren, G.
- Online-questionnaire design guidelines; 2007; Lumsden, J.
- Survey Research in a Wireless World; 2007; Pazurik, A., Cameron, M. R.
- Low-Cost, Hosted Online Surveys Open up Opportunities for Businesses to Quickly Gain Insights Into and...; 2007; Ramstetter Wenzel, A.