Web Survey Bibliography
Title Do internet-based surveys increase personal self-disclosure?
Author Hanna, R. C., Weinberg, B., Dant, R. P., Berger, P. D.
Source Journal of Database Marketing & Customer Strategy Management, 12, 4, pp. 342-356
Database Ingenta Select
Access date 30.10.2005
Abstract The use and application of internet-based surveys among practitioners and academics alike has been on the rise for several years. Internet-based surveys offer many advantages over traditional survey methods such as self-administered paper and pencil-based surveys, including lower costs and the elimination of manual data entry. Beyond the advantages for the researcher, however, less is known about whether subjects react and answer questions on internet-based surveys in the same manner as they do the same survey and questions in a paper-based, self-administered format. Since surveys in general are intended to gather information, a logical concern for researchers is response quality and level of self-disclosure. Specifically, are respondents likely to self-disclose more (or less) when answering questions in an online environment as compared to the same questions posed in a traditional paper-based survey? The primary goal of the proposed investigation, then, is to furnish empirical evidence on such a comparison.
Access/Direct link Database (abstract)
Year of publication2005
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - Costs (474)
- Applying theory to structure respondents' stated motivations for participating in web surveys; 2009; Han, V., Albaum, G., Wiley, J. B., Thirkell, P.
- The Collected Works of Robert M. Groves, 6 Book Set (Wiley Series in Survey Methodology); 2009; Groves, R. M.
- How To Get Paid Taking Surveys In Your Spare Time!; 2009; Magwood, R.
- "Paid Surveys" - Get Paid Taking Surveys In Your Spare Time!; 2009; Perreira, D.
- The use of online data-collection in financial services market measurement research : the FRS experience...; 2009; Cooke, M., Watkins, N.
- Usability of Mobile Surveys; 2009; Tarkus, A.
- Implementation of a reaction time tool for brand measurement at Swisscom; 2009; Paar, I., Urbahn, J.
- Comparing the results of Web surveys on volunteer versus probabilistically selected panels of participants...; 2009; Mirta, G.
- Understanding the willingness to participate in mobile surveys: Exploring the role of hedonic, affective...; 2009; Bosnjak, M., Metzger, G.
- Integrating Mobile Surveys into digital market research: Recommendations for Mobile Panel operation...; 2009; Friedrich-Freksa, M., de Groote, Z., Metzger, G.
- Acceptability of the use of new technologies by interviewees in surveys; 2009; Roux, S., Marchal, P., Armoogum, J.
- Optimising survey costs in mixed mode environment; 2009; Vehovar, V., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K., Belak, E.
- Analyzing the Cost-Effectiveness of Using Return Receipt and Address Corrections in Mail Surveys; 2009; Stuckey, H. L., Malhotra, N., Sims, B. A., Walters, M. R.
- Effectiveness of incentives in web surveys within mixed-mode systems: An evaluation of errors & costs...; 2009; Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Representativeness of web surveys to the general public ; 2009; Sonck, N.
- Using Internet survey paradata to optimize survey questionnaire design; 2009; Heerwegh, D.
- Effectiveness of incentives in mixed-mode systems: An evaluation of errors & costs; 2009; Vehovar, V.; Lozar Manfreda, K.; Berzelak, N.
- "Mobile phone surveys in mixed mode environment: Balancing costs and errors"; 2009; Vehovar, V.
- Panel Discussion: Industry Sustainability In Light Of Recent Quality Initiatives; 2009; Pearson, C., Shapero, D., Umeh, K., Boen, D.
- Addressing the Cell Phone-Only Problem: Cell Phone Sampling Versus Address Based Sampling; 2009; W., Daily, G., Shuttles, D. C., Bourquin, C., Yancey, L. T.Link, M. W.
- Money talks: non-monetary incentive and Internet administration fail to increase response rates to a...; 2009; Recklitis, C. J., Campbell, E. G., Kutner, J. S., Bober, S. L.
- Developing an Internet-based survey to collect program cost data; 2009; Caffray, C. M., Chatterji, P.
- Mobile phone surveys in mixed mode environment; 2009; Vehovar, V.
- Towards a flexible online mixed method design with a feedback loop; 2009; Lobe, B., Vehovar, V.
- Changing times, changing modes: The future of public opinion polling?; 2008; Terhanian, G.
- Costs and Benefits from Conducting a Supplemental Sample of Cell Phone Numbers in National RDD Surveys...; 2008; Kennedy, C.
- The implications of variation in national data-collection mode access and rates of access change: a...; 2008; Blyth, B.
- What Can We Achieve With 5 Euros? Optimization of Survey Data Quality Using Mixed-Mode Approaches; 2008; Berzelak, N., Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Nonresponse in web surveys within the context of survey errors and survey costs; 2008; Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- Evaluating the Potential Contributions of a Web-based Convenience Sample to the Accuracy of a Probability...; 2008; Elliott, M. N., Haviland, A.
- Experiment on Use of Internet Cell Phone Only Panelists to Supplement RDD Samples; 2008; Turakhia, C., Schulman, M. A., Bohinsky, S.
- Relative Costs of a Multi-frame, Multi-mode Enhancement to an RDD Survey; 2008; Edwards, W. S., Brick, J. M., Grant, D. B.
- Evaluating Efficiency and Effectiveness of Cell Phone Samples; 2008; Sen, S., Zmud, J., Arce, C.
- Offering Respondents a Choice of Survey Mode: Use Patterns of an Internet Response Option in a Mail...; 2008; Gentry, R. J.
- The MacroPoll Wireless Experience: Development and Lessons Learned.; 2008; Austin, J. D., Zullwack, R., Dyer, A., Dayton, J. J.
- Does Including Cell-Only Households in an RDD Survey Change the Estimates? The Case of the American...; 2008; Bryant, B. E., Baker, R. P.
- Use of FedEx: Early, Late or Never?; 2008; Pope, D.
- Top concerns for our industry; 2008; Grapentine, T.
- Integration of the web into survey data collection: Balancing costs and errors; 2008; Vehovar, V., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Optimization of costs and errors in mixed-mode surveys; 2008; Vehovar, V., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Cost efficiency in a mixed-mode survey – The Norwegian Rent Marked Survey; 2008; Lagerstrom, B. O.
- Dependent Interviewing: Effects on Respondent Burden and Efficiency of Data Collection; 2008; Jaeckle, A.
- A Primer on Web Surveys; 2008; Austin, T. M., Richter, R. R., Reinking, M. F.
- Mixed mode: the only 'fitness' regime?; 2008; Blyth, B.
- Computer-assisted self-interviews: A cost effectiveness analysis; 2008; L. Vanable, P. A., Eriksen, M. D., L.Brown, J. L.
- Learning and fatigue during choice experiments: a comparison of online and mail survey modes; 2008; Savage, S. J., Waldman, D. M.
- Internet surveys; 2008; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Koren, G.
- Online-questionnaire design guidelines; 2007; Lumsden, J.
- Survey Research in a Wireless World; 2007; Pazurik, A., Cameron, M. R.
- Low-Cost, Hosted Online Surveys Open up Opportunities for Businesses to Quickly Gain Insights Into and...; 2007; Ramstetter Wenzel, A.