Web Survey Bibliography
Title Do internet-based surveys increase personal self-disclosure?
Author Hanna, R. C., Weinberg, B., Dant, R. P., Berger, P. D.
Source Journal of Database Marketing & Customer Strategy Management, 12, 4, pp. 342-356
Database Ingenta Select
Access date 30.10.2005
Abstract The use and application of internet-based surveys among practitioners and academics alike has been on the rise for several years. Internet-based surveys offer many advantages over traditional survey methods such as self-administered paper and pencil-based surveys, including lower costs and the elimination of manual data entry. Beyond the advantages for the researcher, however, less is known about whether subjects react and answer questions on internet-based surveys in the same manner as they do the same survey and questions in a paper-based, self-administered format. Since surveys in general are intended to gather information, a logical concern for researchers is response quality and level of self-disclosure. Specifically, are respondents likely to self-disclose more (or less) when answering questions in an online environment as compared to the same questions posed in a traditional paper-based survey? The primary goal of the proposed investigation, then, is to furnish empirical evidence on such a comparison.
Access/Direct link Database (abstract)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication2005
Web Survey Bibliography - 2005 (421)
- Comparative Analyses of Parallel Paper, Phone, and Web Surveys: Some Effects of Reminder, Incentive...; 2005; Wygant, S., Olsen, D., Call, V., Curtin, J.
- Lessons Learned from Experiments with Interactivity on the Web; 2005; Tremayne, M.
- Web survey protocols and polls efficiency; 2005; Ganassali, S., Moscarola, J.
- Generic HTML Form Processor: A versatile PHP script to save Web-collected data into a MySQL database; 2005; Goeritz, A., Birnbaum, M. H.
- The effects of survey frequency on panelists' responses; 2005; Coen, T., Lorch, J.,
- Questionnaire Length & Fatigue Effects; 2005; La Bruna, A., Rathod, S.
- Non-equivalence of online and paper-and-pencil psychological tests: The case of the Prospective Memory...; 2005; Buchanan, T., Ali, T., Heffernan, T. M., Ling, J., Parrott, A. C., Rodgers, J., Scholey, A. B.
- Using the Internet to Survey College Students About Their Law School Plans; 2005; Meinhold, S. S., Gleiber, D. W.
- Similarity and Helping Behavior on the Web: The Impact of the Convergence of Surnames Between a Solicitor...; 2005; Gueguen, N., Pichot, N., Le Dreff, G.
- Effects of Survey Mode on Self-Reports of Adult Alcohol Consumption: A Comparison of Mail, Web and Telephone...; 2005; Link, M. W., Mokdad, A.
- Toward An Open-Source Methodology: What We Can Learn From The Blogosphere; 2005; M.
- Online surveys for BGLT research: Issues and techniques; 2005; Riggle, E. D. B., Rostosky, S. S., Reedy, C. S.
- Internet data collection; 2005; Hayslett, M. M.
- Web-Based Surveys; 2005; Ellis, B., Zurita, F., Ventura, J.
- Digital Video as Research Practice: Methodology for the Millennium; 2005; Shrum, W., Duque, R., Brown, T.
- Sex Differences in the Acceptability of Discrimination; 2005; Kuran, T., McCaffrey, E. J.
- Effects of survey mode, gender, and perceived sensitivity on the quality of data regarding sensitive...; 2005; Mi Kyung, J.
- Heterosexism in high school among lesbian, gay, bisexual, and questioning students; 2005; Noah, C.-T. D.
- Taking pro-action: A survey of potential users before the availability of wireless access and the implementation...; 2005; Holden, H. A., Deng, M.
- Comparing data from online and face-to-face surveys; 2005; Duffy, C., Smith, K., Terhanian, G., Bremer, J.
- 'Hidden' opportunities and benefits in using web-based business-to-business surveys; 2005; Grant, D. B., Teller, C., Teller, W.
- Dinámica del proceso de recolección y análisis de datos vía web; 2005; Freitas, H., Janissek-Muniz, R., Moscarola, J.
- The Contribution Of Respondent Computer Experience On Primacy Effect And Satisficing in Internet Surveys...; 2005; Cross, F.
- Lessons Learned From Online vs. Paper-based Computer Information Students’ Evaluation System; 2005; Liegle, J., McDonald, D. S.
- Factors to Weigh When Considering Electronic Data Collection; 2005; Courtney, K. L., Craven, C. K.
- Introduction To Survey Research Design; 2005; Owens, L. K.
- Aux Abonnes Absents: Liste Rouge Et Telephone Portable Dans Les Enquetes En Population Generale Sur...; 2005; Beck, F., Legleye, S., Peretti-Watel, P.
- Comparing Responses and Response Rates of Web and Telephone Surveys; 2005; Bedy, Z.
- Using Online Surveys to Evaluate Distance Education Programs; 2005; Strachota, E., Schmidt, S., Conceicao, S.
- Web surveys : Explaining and Reducing Unit Nonresponse, Item Nonresponse and Partial Nonresponse; 2005; Heerwegh, D.
- Methodological issues in the recruitment of ethnic minority subjects to research via the Internet: a...; 2005; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- How design elements influence web surveys; 2005; Anonymous
- Electronic Surveys – Pros and Cons; 2005; Anonymous
- Web Versus Paper Questionnares: A Design and Functionality - Comparison; 2005; Jones, J., Fraser, C., Dowling, Z.
- Building An Online Panel; 2005; Rathod, S.
- Thoughts on Internet Research in Europe; 2005; Harris Interactive
- Effects of Personal Salutations in E-mail Invitations to Participate in a Web Survey; 2005; Heerwegh, D.
- Web Surveys and the new Disability Discrimination Act; 2005; Macer, T.
- Measuring Perceived and Actual Response Burden in Business Surveys; 2005; Dale, T., Haraldsen, G., Jones, J., Hedlin, D.
- Web survey design for predicting performance using network questions; 2005; Coromina, L.
- How Internet Surveys Are Changing Data Collection Practices: The Case of University Student Surveys...; 2005; Dillman, D. A., Allen, T.
- Online student feedback surveys. Methodological issues in comparison to the traditional classroom survey...; 2005; Fuchs, M.
- Monitoring quality of life in small and medium sized cities –results of online-survey research; 2005; Aehnelt, R., Kuehn, M., Schuette, I.
- Sampling Problems inWeb Surveys; 2005; Steffensen, J. B.
- Web surveys: inference using weighting and imputation in the survey on graduates; 2005; Biffignandi, S., Fabrizi, E., Pratesi, M., Salvati, N.
- Expert Appraisals of BusinessWeb Survey Applications; 2005; Haraldsen, G.
- Nonresponse segments in Internet and mobile phone surveys; 2005; Vehovar, V., Belak, E., Lavtar, D.
- Ten Tangible and Practical Tips to Improve Student Participation in Web Surveys; 2005; Molasso, W. R.
- Use Online Surveys to Get the Feedback You Need; 2005; Toledano, Y.
- The Trouble With Web Surveys; 2005; Cooper, B.