Web Survey Bibliography
Title Internet Surveys: Do They Work?
Author Myles, R., Tibert, J.
Source Institute for Social Research, winter 1998, 13, 1
Access date 21.12.2005
Full text doc (64k)
Abstract Last spring the Institute for Social Research conducted the 1997 Canadian Election Study (CES) in which 100 or more thirty-minute telephone interviews were completed on each of the 36 days of the Canadian election campaign (April 4 to June 6). Respondents were asked, among other things, for which party they expected to vote in the coming election. As an experiment, and to parallel this study, the Institute decided to mount an Internet survey asking people to answer a set of basic voting items and an abbreviated set of demographic questions.
Access/Direct link Institut for Social Research homepage
Bibliographic typeNewspaper article
Year of publication1998
Web Survey Bibliography - Newspaper article (17)
- New social media, new social science?; 2013; Woodfield, K., Morrell, G.
- Digital technology and data collection; 2013; Henriksen, B., Jewitt, C., Price, S., Sakr, M.
- Guest Blog: More on the Problems with Opt-in Internet Surveys; 2009; Langer, G.
- Despite allure of Internet surveys, old-fashioned, face-to-face interview still best, expert says; 2007; Ball, S.
- Comparing Responses and Response Rates of Web and Telephone Surveys; 2005; Bedy, Z.
- Web Surveys and the new Disability Discrimination Act; 2005; Macer, T.
- The Economist/YouGov Internet Presidential poll.; 2004; Fiorina, M., Krosnick, J. A.
- Mobile survey wins over cold calls - Broadband: IT Business Special Report; 2003; Henderson, L.
- Web sites pay you to sound off about consumer issues; 2003; Anonymous
- Charity Fund Raisers Rate Software in Online Survey; 2003; Wallace, N.
- Opinions to Spare? Click Here; 2003; Jackson, N. B.
- Satisfaction Survey by Web or by Paper? A Case Study; 2001; Laughlin, B.
- Internet Remains a Man's Domain; 2001; Pastore, M.
- Early Experiences Developing Web Surveys; 1999; Kennedy, J. M.
- Internet Surveys: Do They Work?; 1998; Myles, R., Tibert, J.
- NN/LM network member Internet survey: Region 7 responds!; 1998; Sandstrom, H.
- E-mail surveys elicit fast response, cut costs; 1995; Crowley, A.