Web Survey Bibliography
Title A Test of a Bimodal Survey Model on the Cooperative Communicators Association: A case Study
Author Brashears, T., Bullock, S., Akers, C.
Source Texas Tech University, Department of Agricultural Education And Communications
Access date 08.02.2006
Full text pdf (130k)
Abstract Three hundred twenty-three members of the Cooperative Communicators Association were surveyed on educational preferences using a bimodal survey model recommend by Fraze, Hardin, Brashears, Smith, and Lockaby (2002). This model uses a combination of e-mail and paper contacts to encourage respondents to answer an online or paper questionnaire. Case study analysis was conducted to determine response rates, cost effectiveness, precision, and nonresponse error. An overall response rate of more than 71% resulted from use of the 25-day model. The researchers found that significant differences in item responses existed between respondents who used the World Wide Web and those who responded using traditional paper surveys, however the results of respondents were consistent with a random sample of nonrespondents; therefore, the researchers concluded that the results were an accurate representation of the population. Using the bimodal model was 74% less expensive than traditional methods of survey implementation. The bimodal model proved to be an effective, cost-controlling alternative to traditional survey methods for this population. The researchers suggest trials on other populations to validate the results reported here.
Access/Direct link University homepage
Year of publication2003
Bibliographic typeReports, seminars
Web Survey Bibliography - 2003 (396)
- Weighting methods; 2003; Kalton, G., Flores Cervantes, I.
- Web-based data collection; 2003; Tourangeau, R.
- Using Web-based surveys to conduct counseling research; 2003; Granello, D. H., Weathon, J. E.
- The science of asking questions; 2003; Schaeffer, N. C., Presser, S.
- The democratization of research; 2003; MacElroy, B.
- Response order effects – how do people read?; 2003; Duffy, B.
- Response latency methodology for survey research: Measurement and modeling strategies; 2003; Mulligan, K. et al.
- Respondent-generated intervals: Do they help in collecting quantitative data?; 2003; Lusinchi, D.
- Report of the results of the Asthma awareness survey; 2003
- Presidential approval. You're only as good as your rating scale; 2003; Thomas, R. K. et al.
- On the importance of importance: An examination of weighting evaluation ratings with importance ratings...; 2003; Thomas, R. K. et al.
- Maximum difference scaling: Improved measures of importance and preference for segmentation; 2003; Cohen, S. H.
- Introduction to survey quality; 2003; Biemer, P. P., Lyberg, L. E.
- Evaluation of the minimal important difference for the feeling thermometer and the St. George's...; 2003; Schunemann, H. J. et al.
- Determining the probability of selection for a telephone household in a random digit dial sample design...; 2003; Triplett, T. A., Abi-Habib, N.
- Documenting comparative surveys for secondary analysis; 2003; Mohler, P., Uher, R.
- Proceedings of the American Association for Public Opinion Research annual conference.; 2003; Triplett, T. A., Abi-Habib, N.
- Cognitive Aspects of Survey Measurement and Mismeasurement; 2003; Tourangeau, R.
- Effect of Alternative Data Collection Modes on Cooperation Rates and Data Quality; 2003; Brady, S. E., Stapleton, C. N., Bouffard, J. A., Imel, J. D.
- Collecting behavioural data using the world wide web: considerations for researchers; 2003; Rhodes, S. D., Bowie, D, A., Hergenrather, K. C.
- Repairing Tom Swift’s Electric Factor Analysis Machine; 2003; Preacher, K. J., MacCallum, R. C,
- ImageJ; 2003; Rasband, W.
- Make Way for Web Surveys; 2003; Bankston, K.
- Kognitive Prozesse und Antwortverhalten in einer Internet-Befragung; 2003; Fuchs, M.
- Comparison of E-mail, Fax, and Postal Surveys of Pediatricians; 2003; McMahon, S. R., Iwamoto, M., Massoudi, M. S., Yusuf, H. R., Stevenson, J. M., David, F., Chu, S. Y.,...
- Towards Standardisation of Survey Outcome Categories and Response Rate Calculations; 2003; Lynn, P., Beerten, R., Laiho, J., Martin, J.
- The Influence of Visual Layout on Scalar Questions in Web Surveys; 2003; Christian, L. M.
- Web Survey Mailer System; 2003; Barrios, E.
- Prepaid and promised incentives in Web surveys - An experiment; 2003; Bosnjak, M., Tuten, T. L.
- Conducting On-line Surveys in Software Engineering; 2003; Punter, T., Ciolkowski, M., Freimut, B., John, I.
- A pilot study of a computer-assisted cell-phone interview (CACI) methodology to survey respondents in...; 2003; Wilkins, C., Casswell, S., Barnes, H. M., Pledger, M.
- Internet Marketing Research: Recources and Techniques; 2003; Forrest, E.
- Data editing by respondents and data suppliers; 2003; Weir, P.
- The Seven E-learning Barriers Facing Employees; 2003; Mungania, P.
- Experiences in e-survey development for IS research: Lessons from the use of automated control tools; 2003; Scornavacca, E., Becker, J.L., Barnes, S. J.
- Survey Response Behavior Shirking in Internet and Telephone Surveys; 2003; VanBeselaere, C.
- Using Internet-based Surveys to Reach Hidden Populations: Case of Nonabusive Illicit Drug Users; 2003; Duncan, D., White, J., Nicholson, T.
- Design Issues in Web-Based Electronic Business Surveys; 2003; Nichols, E. M., Murphy, E. D., Norman K. L., Rivadeneira, A., Eaton, C.
- Changes to Editing Strategies when Establishment Survey Data Collection Moves to the Web; 2003; Anderson, A. E., Cohen, S. H., Murphy, E. D.., Nichols, E. M., Sigman, R. S., Willimack, D. K.
- Synthesis of Results from the Response Mode and Incentive Experiment; 2003; Casper, R., Shaw, K. A.
- A Test of a Bimodal Survey Model on the Cooperative Communicators Association: A case Study; 2003; Brashears, T., Bullock, S., Akers, C.
- The Infusion of Internet-Based Surveys and Postal Mail Surveys; 2003; McGlothlin, J. M.
- The design of Web surveys: Interactive and visual features of Web questionnaires; 2003; Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P., Conrad, F. G.
- Web/Online Surveys; 2003; Burke, A.
- Data Editing By Reporting Enterprises; 2003; Anonymous
- Initiative and Clarification in Web-Based Surveys; 2003; Schober, M. F., Conrad, F. G., Ehlen, P., Lind, L. H., Coiner, T.
- Using Fine-Grained Likert Scales in Web Surveys; 2003; Mathieson, K., Doane, D. P.
- Was based questioning procedure; 2003; Batinic, B.
- Online-Erhebungen in den Sozialwissenschaften; 2003; Reips, U. -D.
- Psychologische Forschung zum und im Internet; 2003; Reips, U. -D.