Web Survey Bibliography
Title July 2002 Status of Forces Survey of Active-Duty Members: Tabulations of Responses
Source Defense Manpower Data Center
Access date 08.02.2006
Full text pdf (6922k)
Abstract The Human Resources Strategic Assessment Program (HRSAP), located at Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC), consists of both Web-based and paper-andpencil surveys to support the personnel information needs of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness. These surveys assess the attitudes and opinions of the entire Department of Defense (DoD) community—active, Reserve, civilian employees, and family members—on a wide range of personnel issues. The Web-based survey program, known as the Status of Forces Surveys (SOFS), provides timely data on active, Reserve, and civilian members. The SOFS Web surveys are short and limited to a few topics. There are nine SOFS Web surveys a year, with three cross-sectional samples of each population—active-duty members, Reserve component members, and DoD civilian employees. The paper-and-pencil surveys are used to obtain data on sensitive topics (e.g., sexual harassment) and from populations who have limited Internet access (e.g., spouses of active and Reserve members). This report contains tabulations of responses from the first active-duty SOFS Web survey, conducted July 8 to August 13, 2002. This introduction (1) summarizes the survey content, (2) defines the total population surveyed and the subgroups used in tabulations of responses, (3) summarizes the survey methodology,1 and (4) provides details on how to use the tabulations. The tabulations and a copy of the survey follow this introduction.
Access/Direct link Defense Department homepage
Bibliographic typeReports, seminars
Year of publication2002
Web Survey Bibliography - 2002 (421)
- Methodological Issues In Web-based Research; 2002; Duffy, M. E.
- Test-retest reliability of alcohol measures: Is there a difference between Internet-based assessment...; 2002; Miller, E. T., Neal, D. J., Roberts, L. J., Baer, J. S., Cressler, S. O., Metrik, J., Marlatt, G. A.
- Mode Effects for Collecting Alcohol and Other Drug Use Data: Web and U.S. Mail; 2002; McCabe, S. E., Boyd, C. J., Couper, M. P., Crawford, S. D., d'Arcy, H.
- Solicitation by e-Mail and solicitor's status: A field study of social research influence on the...; 2002; Gueguen, N., Jacob, C.
- Trends in marketing research and their impact on survey research sampling; 2002; Anich, B.
- Standards questionnaire format; 2002
- Psychological reactions to terrorist attacks. Findings from the national study of American's reactions...; 2002; Thalji, L. et al.
- Predicting the future of consumer panels; 2002; Wansink, B., Sudman, S.
- Online longitudinal survey research. Validity and participation; 2002; Hiskey, S., Troop, N. A.
- New approaches to assessing opinion: The prospects for electronic mail surveys; 2002; Best, S. J., Krueger, B. S.
- More than a thousand words? Visual cues and visual knowledge; 2002; Prior, M.
- E-Research: Ethics, security, design, and control in psychological research on the Internet; 2002; Banaji, M., Greenwald, A., Nosek, B.
- Demand characteristics in the laboratory and the clinic: Conversations and collaborations with subjects...; 2002; Kihlstrom, J. F.
- Bracketing effects in categorized survey questions and the measurement of economic quantities; 2002; Winter, J.
- A D-minus for computer exams; 2002; Mayfield, K.
- The influence of Alternative Visual Designs on Respondents' Performance with Branching Instructions...; 2002; Redline, C. D., Dillman, D. A.
- The use of incentives to reduce nonresponse household surveys; 2002; Singer, E.
- Ethnical guidelines for internet research; 2002
- Statistical Analysis with Missing Data (2nd Ed.); 2002; Little, R. J., Rubin, D. B.
- Do argumentation tasks promote conceptual change about volcanoes?; 2002; Hemmerich, J., Wiley, J.
- WEXTOR: A Web-based tool for generating and visualizing experimental designs and procedures; 2002; Reips, U. -D., Neuhaus, C.
- Studying hate crime with the Internet: What makes racist advocate racial violence?; 2002; Glaser, J., Dixit, J., Green, D. P.
- Designing a Strategy for Reducing “No Opinion” Responses in Web-Based Surveys; 2002; de Rouvray, C., Couper, M. P.
- Interactive aspects of web surveys: Modeling and clarifying users ' understanding of questions; 2002; Conrad, F. G.
- Cognitive processes when answering online questionnaires; 2002; Fuchs, M.
- Using client side paradata to evaluate respondent behavior in Web surveys; 2002; Heerwegh, D.
- Doec propensity score weighting work for Web Surveys; 2002; Forsman, G., Varedian, M.
- Visual design issues in Web surveys; 2002; Couper, M. P.
- Results from cognitive interviews of nsf earned doctorate Web survey; 2002; Altheimer, I., Dillman, D. A.
- Conducting Survey Research Through an Enhanced Online Web Survey Procedure ; 2002; Theuri, P. M., Turner, L. D.
- Community views on crime and policing: Survey mode effects on bias in community surveys; 2002; Hennigan, K. M., Maxson, C. L., Sloane, D., Ranney, M.
- Private e-mail requests and the diffusion of responsibility; 2002; Barron, G., Yechiam, E.
- Ethical decision-making and Internet research: Recommendations from the aoir ethics working committee...; 2002; Ess, C., AoIR
- Getting results from online surveys – Reflections on a personal journey; 2002; McCalla, R. A.
- The Use of Web-Based International Surveys In Information Systems Research; 2002; Lang, M.
- The Internet as a Research Tool: Worth the Price of Admission?; 2002; Lenert, L. A., Skoczen, S.
- OnQ: An Authoring Tool for Dynamic Online Surveys; 2002; Pargas, R. P., , Brand, L., Hochrine, C., Staton, M.
- July 2002 Status of Forces Survey of Active-Duty Members: Tabulations of Responses; 2002
- Conducting online research and evaluation; 2002; Zimitat, C., Crebert, G.
- Problemas conductuales relacionados con el uso de Internet: Un estudio exploratorio.; 2002; De Gracia Blanco1, M., Anglada, M. V., Fernández Pérez, M. J., Marcó Arbončs, M.
- World Wide Web-gestützte Befragungen in der empirischen Sozialforschung: Ein Erfahrungsbericht; 2002; Pannewitz, J.
- Online Student Evaluation of Instruction: An Investigation of Non-Response Bias; 2002; Thorpe, S. W.
- Do Response Rates and Responses Differ between Mail and Internet Answers in a Mixed Mode Survey?; 2002; Etter, R.
- Internet-Based Survey Research: Small- and Large-Scale Research for Business Decisions; 2002; Hollenbeck, A. R.
- Mixed Mode Surveying: A Comparison of Paper-questionnaries and Web-questionnariess; 2002; Bäckström, C., Nilsson, C.
- Web-based data collection: Ethical and practical considerations; 2002; Sedivy, S. K., Brondino, M. J.
- Collecting Information via the Web; 2002; Porter, S. R., Roy, M.
- The American Internet User Survey; 2002; Campbell, D., Finer, S.
- Trends in the Internet Population and Internet Research; 2002; MacEvoy, B.