Web Survey Bibliography
Title Digital Video as Research Practice: Methodology for the Millennium
Source Journal of Research Practice, 1, 1, article M4
Access date 13.02.2006
Full text pdf (449k)
Abstract This essay has its origin in a project on the globalization of science that rediscovered the wisdom of past research practices through the technology of the future. The main argument of this essay is that a convergence of digital video technologies with practices of social surveillance portends a methodological shift towards a new variety of qualitative methodology. Digital video is changing the way that students of the social world practice their craft, offering not just new ways of presenting but new ways of practicing field research. We introduce concepts of the fluid wall and videoactive context to emphasize that (1) the camera is an actor in the research process, and (2) both behaviour and observation occur in both directions--in front of and behind the camera. While these practices and procedures are novel in some ways, they may also be viewed as old methods in the context of new instruments for recording as well as a new social understanding of these instruments. Since new technologies interact with the social context, the digital video methods we discuss in this essay are likely to become increasingly important for generations to come. We provide an overview of the use of digital video in research practice and present an account of the use of digital video methodology in Chile.
Access/Direct link Journal (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication2005
Web Survey Bibliography - 2005 (421)
- Audio computer assisted self interview and face to face interview modes in assessing response bias among...; 2005; Ghanem, K. G. et al.
- On the cost-efficiency of probability sampling based mail surveys with a Web response option; 2005; Werner, P.
- Expert workshop on mixed mode data collection in comparative social surveys; 2005; Roberts, C.
- The Effect Of A Simultaneous Mixed-Mode (Mail And Web) Survey On Respondent Characteristics And Survey...; 2005; Brennan, M.
- Weighting and adjusting for design effects in secondary data analyses; 2005; Thomas, S. L., Heck, R. H., Bauer, K. W.
- The total survey error approach. A guide to the new science of survey research; 2005; Weisberg, H. F.
- The professional respondent problem in online panel surveys today; 2005; Fulgoni, G.
- The measurement of attitudes; 2005; Krosnick, J. A., Judd, C. M., Wittenbrink, B.
- Satisficing behavior in online panelists; 2005; Downes-Le Guin, T.
- Response format effects in self-report of political and non-political contributions; 2005; Thomas, R. K. et al.
- Reading behavior in the digital environment: Changes in reading behavior over the past ten years; 2005; Liu, Z.
- Rating versus comparative trade-off measures. Trending changes in political issues across time and predictive...; 2005; Thomas, R. K. et al.
- Publication bias: Recognizing the problem, understanding its origins and scope, and preventing harm; 2005; Dickersin, K.
- Panel proliferation and quality concerns; 2005; Faasse, J.
- Online communities: design, theory, and practice; 2005; Preece, J., Maloney-Krichmar, D.
- Gricean effects in self-administered survey. Ph.D. Dissertation; 2005; Yan, T.
- Estimation in surveys with nonresponse; 2005; Sarndal, C.-E., Lundstrom, S.
- Drop-down boxes, radio buttons, or fill-in-the-blank? Web survey scale-type effects; 2005
- Does weighting for nonresponse increase the variance of survey means?; 2005; Little, R. J., Vartivarian, S.
- Computer-assisted questioning: the new survey methods in the perception of the respondents; 2005; Beckenbach, A.
- Comparing the results of probability and non-probability sample surveys; 2005; Krosnick, J. A.
- Changes in telephone survey nonresponse over the past quarter century; 2005; Curtin, R., Presser, S., Singer, E.
- Big scale observations gathered with the help of client side paradata; 2005; Haraldsen, G., Kleven, Ø., Sundvoll, A.
- User Interface Design and Evaluation ; 2005; Stone, D., Jarrett, C., Woodroffe, M., Minocha, S.
- The 2005 Confirmit Annual MR Software Survey; 2005; Macer, T.; Wilson, S.
- Adding Value to Data Through Improved Access. The Case for Web Portals; 2005; Baker, R. P.
- Multi-Mode Research and Data Linkage. Theoretical and Practical Advice; 2005; Terhanian, G.
- Architectural Design of a Survey Questionnaire and Respondent Data Repository. Practical Considerations...; 2005; Cookson, P., Sobell, J.
- Developing and validating a nursing website evaluation questionnaire; 2005; Tsai, S. - L., Chai, S.-K.
- Workaround: Site’s surveys beat pop-up blockers, yield responses; 2005; Arnold, C.
- The Story of Subject Naught: A Cautionary but Optimistic Tale of Internet Survey Research; 2005; Konstan, J. A., Ross, M. W., Rosser, B. R. S., Stanton, J. M., Edwards, W. M.
- Apache security; 2005; Ristic, I.
- Standards in Online Surveys. Sources for Professional Codes of Conduct, Ethical Guidelines and Quality...; 2005; Kaczmirek, L., Schulze, N.
- Modern multidimensional scaling theory and applications (2nd ed.) ; 2005; Borg, I., Groenen, P. J. F.
- Computer adaptive testing; 2005; Gershon, R. C.
- Ego control and ego-resiliency: Generalization of self-report scales based on personality descriptions...; 2005; Block, J., Funder, D. C., Letzring, T. D.
- The Web experiment list: A Web service for the recruitment of participants and archiving of Internet...; 2005; Reips, U. -D., Lengler, R.
- Trust, Identity, and the Effects of Voting Technologies on Voting Behavior; 2005; Oostveen, A. M., Besselaar, P.
- Survey of substance use among high school students in Taipei: Web-based questionnaire versus paper-and...; 2005; Wang, Y. C., Lee, C. M., Lew-Ting, C. Y., Hsiao, C. K., Chen, W. J.
- Web Surveys. A Brief Guide on Usability and Implementation Issues; 2005; Kaczmirek, L.
- An assessment of measurement invariance between online and mail surveys ; 2005; Deutskens, E., de Ruyter, K., Wetzels, M.
- Demographics and online survey response rates ; 2005; Knapton, K., Myers, S.
- Applying Web-Based Survey Design Standards ; 2005; Crawford, S. D., McCabe, S. E., Pope, D.
- The open research system: a web based metadata and data repository for collaborative research; 2005; Schweik, C. M., Stepanov, A., Grove, J. M.
- Instructing Web and Telephone Respondents to Report Date Answers in Format Desired by the Surveyor; 2005; Christian, L. M., Dillman, D. A., Smyth, J. D.
- Internet-based travel surveys: Selected evidence on response rates, sampling bias and reliability; 2005; Arentze, T., Bos, I., Molin, E., Timmermans, H.
- E-mail versus Web survey response rates among health education professionals; 2005; Kittleson, M. J., Brown, S. L.
- Assessing the Quality of Data from Online Panels: Moving Forward wiht Confidence; 2005; Smith, R.
- SMS -Based Surveys: Strategies to Improve Participation; 2005; Balabanis, G., Mitchell, V.-W., Heinonen-Mavrovouniotis, S.
- Internet and Paper Based Data Collection Methods in Agricultural Education Research; 2005; Ladner, M. D., Wingenbach, G. J., Raven, M. R.