Web Survey Bibliography
Title The Use of Web-Based International Surveys In Information Systems Research
Author Lang, M.
Source Proceedings of the European Conference on Research Methodology for Business and Management Studies
Access date 22.02.2006
Full text pdf (118k)
Abstract There has been much interest of late in the use of Web-based surveys. However, the methodological issues of Web-based surveys are poorly understood. While this new medium permits low-cost wide-scale access to international populations and is capable of generating a high number of responses within a short period of time with fully automated data capture and realtime validation, the reality is that without systematic guidelines to conduct such research, its results are entirely unreliable. This paper provides an outline of the methodological issues, and suggests how they may be addressed by the technology.
Access/Direct link ECRM Proceedings homepage
Year of publication2002
Bibliographic typeConference proceedings
Web Survey Bibliography - 2002 (418)
- Trends in marketing research and their impact on survey research sampling; 2002; Anich, B.
- Standards questionnaire format; 2002
- Psychological reactions to terrorist attacks. Findings from the national study of American's reactions...; 2002; Thalji, L. et al.
- Predicting the future of consumer panels; 2002; Wansink, B., Sudman, S.
- Online longitudinal survey research. Validity and participation; 2002; Hiskey, S., Troop, N. A.
- New approaches to assessing opinion: The prospects for electronic mail surveys; 2002; Best, S. J., Krueger, B. S.
- More than a thousand words? Visual cues and visual knowledge; 2002; Prior, M.
- E-Research: Ethics, security, design, and control in psychological research on the Internet; 2002; Banaji, M., Greenwald, A., Nosek, B.
- Demand characteristics in the laboratory and the clinic: Conversations and collaborations with subjects...; 2002; Kihlstrom, J. F.
- Bracketing effects in categorized survey questions and the measurement of economic quantities; 2002; Winter, J.
- A D-minus for computer exams; 2002; Mayfield, K.
- The influence of Alternative Visual Designs on Respondents' Performance with Branching Instructions...; 2002; Redline, C. D., Dillman, D. A.
- The use of incentives to reduce nonresponse household surveys; 2002; Singer, E.
- Ethnical guidelines for internet research; 2002
- Statistical Analysis with Missing Data (2nd Ed.); 2002; Little, R. J., Rubin, D. B.
- Do argumentation tasks promote conceptual change about volcanoes?; 2002; Hemmerich, J., Wiley, J.
- WEXTOR: A Web-based tool for generating and visualizing experimental designs and procedures; 2002; Reips, U. -D., Neuhaus, C.
- Studying hate crime with the Internet: What makes racist advocate racial violence?; 2002; Glaser, J., Dixit, J., Green, D. P.
- Designing a Strategy for Reducing “No Opinion” Responses in Web-Based Surveys; 2002; de Rouvray, C., Couper, M. P.
- Interactive aspects of web surveys: Modeling and clarifying users ' understanding of questions; 2002; Conrad, F. G.
- Cognitive processes when answering online questionnaires; 2002; Fuchs, M.
- Using client side paradata to evaluate respondent behavior in Web surveys; 2002; Heerwegh, D.
- Doec propensity score weighting work for Web Surveys; 2002; Forsman, G., Varedian, M.
- Visual design issues in Web surveys; 2002; Couper, M. P.
- Results from cognitive interviews of nsf earned doctorate Web survey; 2002; Altheimer, I., Dillman, D. A.
- Conducting Survey Research Through an Enhanced Online Web Survey Procedure ; 2002; Theuri, P. M., Turner, L. D.
- Community views on crime and policing: Survey mode effects on bias in community surveys; 2002; Hennigan, K. M., Maxson, C. L., Sloane, D., Ranney, M.
- Private e-mail requests and the diffusion of responsibility; 2002; Barron, G., Yechiam, E.
- Ethical decision-making and Internet research: Recommendations from the aoir ethics working committee...; 2002; Ess, C., AoIR
- Getting results from online surveys – Reflections on a personal journey; 2002; McCalla, R. A.
- The Use of Web-Based International Surveys In Information Systems Research; 2002; Lang, M.
- The Internet as a Research Tool: Worth the Price of Admission?; 2002; Lenert, L. A., Skoczen, S.
- OnQ: An Authoring Tool for Dynamic Online Surveys; 2002; Pargas, R. P., , Brand, L., Hochrine, C., Staton, M.
- July 2002 Status of Forces Survey of Active-Duty Members: Tabulations of Responses; 2002
- Conducting online research and evaluation; 2002; Zimitat, C., Crebert, G.
- Problemas conductuales relacionados con el uso de Internet: Un estudio exploratorio.; 2002; De Gracia Blanco1, M., Anglada, M. V., Fernández Pérez, M. J., Marcó Arbončs, M.
- World Wide Web-gestützte Befragungen in der empirischen Sozialforschung: Ein Erfahrungsbericht; 2002; Pannewitz, J.
- Online Student Evaluation of Instruction: An Investigation of Non-Response Bias; 2002; Thorpe, S. W.
- Do Response Rates and Responses Differ between Mail and Internet Answers in a Mixed Mode Survey?; 2002; Etter, R.
- Internet-Based Survey Research: Small- and Large-Scale Research for Business Decisions; 2002; Hollenbeck, A. R.
- Mixed Mode Surveying: A Comparison of Paper-questionnaries and Web-questionnariess; 2002; Bäckström, C., Nilsson, C.
- Web-based data collection: Ethical and practical considerations; 2002; Sedivy, S. K., Brondino, M. J.
- Collecting Information via the Web; 2002; Porter, S. R., Roy, M.
- The American Internet User Survey; 2002; Campbell, D., Finer, S.
- Trends in the Internet Population and Internet Research; 2002; MacEvoy, B.
- I/PRO's Vision on the Present and Future of Web Measurement; 2002; Poler, A.
- The Impact Of Demographics On Choice Of Survey Modes: Demographics Distinctiveness Between Web-Based...; 2002; Datta, P., Walsh, K., Terrell, D.
- Online Surveys - An Useful Internet; 2002; Anonymous
- The propensity score and estimation in nonrandom surveys - an overview; 2002; Danielsson, S.