Web Survey Bibliography
Title Web-Based Surveys
Author Ellis, B., Zurita, F., Ventura, J.
Source MAESC Conference 2005
Access date 22.02.2006
Full text pdf (309k)
Abstract This project surveys software systems that are available on the market and the design and implementation of survey software for Christian Brothers University (CBU). Many current survey methods are slow, costly, and inefficient. Most surveys at CBU are still administered on paper. Online surveys can be created as Web pages; however, at Christian Brothers University, they require creation and maintenance from an individual that has many other responsibilities as well. This project is an attempt to put the control of surveys into the hands of those that need them. This paper demonstrates how to implement, administer, and view the results of this type of survey. Technologies like hypertext preprocessor (PHP) and structured query language (SQL) are examined. In addition, the ethical and moral implications, as well as privacy and security issues, of an electronic survey are discussed as they are encountered.
Access/Direct link Conference homepage
Year of publication2005
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - Online measurement (845)
- Effects of Post-Incentives on Response Rates, Costs, and Response Quality in a Web Survey of College...; 2011; Stevenson, J., Dykema, J., Cyffka, K., Klein, L., Goldrick-Rab, S.
- Observed Differences in the Placement and Wording of Neutral Response Options in Web Surveys: An Experiment...; 2011; Walton, L., Cobb, C. L., DiSogra, C.
- Mixed Methods - Analyzing Open-Ended Comments in a Quantitative Employee Survey; 2011; Lawton, L., Broege, N.
- Causes of survey incompletes: Why panelists say they abandon surveys; 2011; Henning, J.
- Beyond data stability: Rising above quality concerns; 2011
- Clarifying Survey Questions; 2011; Redline, C. D.
- The place for mobile research? Multi-mode studies of major cultural events; 2011; Conry, S., Atkinson, S.
- How far is too far: Traditional, flash and gamification interfaces, and implications for the future...; 2011; Puleston, J., Malinoff, B.
- The Evolution of Edits in the Canadian Census of Population Online Questionnaires; 2011; Laroche, D.
- The Main Innovations of Data Editing and Imputation for the 2010 Italian Agricultural Census ; 2011; Bianchi, G., Lipsi, R. M., Ruocco, G., Salvatore, M. A.
- Wages worldwide results and measurement issues from the multi-country. WageIndicator web-survey ; 2011; van Klaveren, M., Tijdens, K.
- A Methodological Inference towards the Quantification of Technological Frames ; 2011; Cachia, E., Camilleri, P.
- 2nd WEBDATANET Meeting Amsterdam. Global Data Collecting; 2011; van Beveren, I.
- DIME-SHS; 2011; Lesnard, L.
- Calibrating Non-Probability Internet Samples with Probability Samples Using Early Adopter Characteristics...; 2011; DiSogra, C., Cobb, C. L., Chan, E., Dennis, J. M.
- Web Survey Methodology: Interface Design, Sampling and Statistical Inference; 2011; Couper, M. P.
- Dropout rates during completion of an occupation search tree in web-surveys; 2011; Tijdens, K.
- Ignoring the compatibility of online questionnaires may bias the psychological composition of your sample...; 2011; Funke, F.
- New data sources for statistics: Experiences at Statistics Netherlands; 2011; Daas, P., ten Bosch, O., de Blois, C., Hoekstra, R., Roos, M.
- Further research on the design of complex grids; 2011; Couper, M. P., Tourangeau, R.Conrad, F. G., Zhang, C.
- Interactive carrots and sticks to improve data quality; 2011; Conrad, F. G., Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P., Zhang, C.
- Optimum Blending of Panels and Social Network Respondents; 2011; Gittelman, S. H., Portner, A.
- Making the move to mobile Apps-based research: A case study in the evaluation and implementation of...; 2011; Graham, P., Conry, S.
- Once a 'Bad' Respondent, Always a 'Bad' Respondent - How to Identify and Exclude '...; 2011; Suresh, N.
- Dealing with the Effects of Panelist Experience; 2011; Burdein, I.
- Results from Real-Time Data Collection (RTD) vs. Data from Traditional Panelists: Is it valid to combine...; 2011; Pingitore, G., Witten, S., Walker, A., Seldin, D., Ellrodt, R., Muns, N., Parks, C., Serrato, C.
- Widening the Net: A Comparison of Online Intercept and Access Panel Sampling; 2011; Bakken, D. G., Nawani, R.
- Does choice of vendor make a difference in respondent validation and how does it impact the overall...; 2011; Courtright, M., Miller, C.
- Probably the Best Bias in the World?; 2011; Dent, T.
- The development of the KubeMatrix™ as a mobile app for Market Research Online Communities; 2011; Birks, D. F., Wilson, D.
- The Research-Data-Centre in Research-Data-Centre Approach: A First Step Towards Decentralised International...; 2011; Bender, S., Heining, J.
- First Equals Most Important? Order Effects in Vignette- Based Measurement; 2011; Auspurg, K., Jaeckle, A.
- Using Online Surveys to Conduct Jury Research; 2011; Edelman, B.
- The “Frequency Divide” on Web Surveys: Opinions, Behaviours and Demographics Differences...; 2011; Reis, E., Vicente, P.
- Researching Personal Information on the Public Web - Methods and Ethics; 2011; Wilkinson, D., Thelwall, M.
- Apples and oranges: does a web survey produce similar results to social media tracking?; 2011; Bourque, C., Hobbs, R., Hilaire, D. S.
- The influence of Social Support and Personal Networks on Doctoral Student Performance; 2011; Hlebec, V., Kogovsek, T., Ferligoj, A.
- From Busy Bees to Science Geeks and Party Animals: A Typology of Slovenian Doctoral Students; 2011; Hlebec, V., Kogovsek, T., Ferligoj, A.
- PhD Students’ Research Group Social Capital in Two Countries: A Clustering Approach with Duocentred...; 2011; Coenders, G., Coromina, L., Ferligoj, A., Guia, J.
- Preface; 2011; Coenders, G., Doreian, P.
- Preferences, intentions, and expectation violations: A large-scale experiment with a representative...; 2011; Bellemare. C., Kroeger, S., van Soest, A.
- Twitter mood predicts the stock market.; 2011; Bollen, J., Mao, H., Zeng, X.-J.
- Exploring Health-related Experiences and Access to Care: Differences between Online and Telephone Survey...; 2011; Doty, M. M., Peugh, J., Shand-Lubbers, J.
- The Impact of “Forgiving” Introductions on the Reporting of Sensitive Behavior in Surveys...; 2011; Peter, J., Valkenburg, P. M.
- Surveying the General Public over the Internet Using Address-Based Sampling and Mail Contact Procedures...; 2011; Messer, B. L., Dillman, D. A.
- The power of qualitative research in the era of social media; 2011; Branthwaite, A., Patterson, S.
- E-Census 2011 Portugal: implementation and results of the Pilot Survey; 2011; Vicente, P., Rosa, A., Reis, E.
- Sampling v. Scale: An investigation the tension between convenience sampling, response rates, probability...; 2011; Garland, P.
- Using Amazon's Mechanical Turk for the recruitment of participants in Internet-based research; 2011; Reips, U. -D., Buffardi, L., Kuhlmann, T.
- Should we use the progress bar in online surveys? A meta-analysis of experiments manipulating progress...; 2011; Callegaro, M., Yang, Y., Villar, A.