Web Survey Bibliography
Title Web-Based Surveys
Author Ellis, B., Zurita, F., Ventura, J.
Source MAESC Conference 2005
Access date 22.02.2006
Full text pdf (309k)
Abstract This project surveys software systems that are available on the market and the design and implementation of survey software for Christian Brothers University (CBU). Many current survey methods are slow, costly, and inefficient. Most surveys at CBU are still administered on paper. Online surveys can be created as Web pages; however, at Christian Brothers University, they require creation and maintenance from an individual that has many other responsibilities as well. This project is an attempt to put the control of surveys into the hands of those that need them. This paper demonstrates how to implement, administer, and view the results of this type of survey. Technologies like hypertext preprocessor (PHP) and structured query language (SQL) are examined. In addition, the ethical and moral implications, as well as privacy and security issues, of an electronic survey are discussed as they are encountered.
Access/Direct link Conference homepage
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication2005
Web Survey Bibliography - 2005 (421)
- Audio computer assisted self interview and face to face interview modes in assessing response bias among...; 2005; Ghanem, K. G. et al.
- On the cost-efficiency of probability sampling based mail surveys with a Web response option; 2005; Werner, P.
- Expert workshop on mixed mode data collection in comparative social surveys; 2005; Roberts, C.
- The Effect Of A Simultaneous Mixed-Mode (Mail And Web) Survey On Respondent Characteristics And Survey...; 2005; Brennan, M.
- Weighting and adjusting for design effects in secondary data analyses; 2005; Thomas, S. L., Heck, R. H., Bauer, K. W.
- The total survey error approach. A guide to the new science of survey research; 2005; Weisberg, H. F.
- The professional respondent problem in online panel surveys today; 2005; Fulgoni, G.
- The measurement of attitudes; 2005; Krosnick, J. A., Judd, C. M., Wittenbrink, B.
- Satisficing behavior in online panelists; 2005; Downes-Le Guin, T.
- Response format effects in self-report of political and non-political contributions; 2005; Thomas, R. K. et al.
- Reading behavior in the digital environment: Changes in reading behavior over the past ten years; 2005; Liu, Z.
- Rating versus comparative trade-off measures. Trending changes in political issues across time and predictive...; 2005; Thomas, R. K. et al.
- Publication bias: Recognizing the problem, understanding its origins and scope, and preventing harm; 2005; Dickersin, K.
- Panel proliferation and quality concerns; 2005; Faasse, J.
- Online communities: design, theory, and practice; 2005; Preece, J., Maloney-Krichmar, D.
- Gricean effects in self-administered survey. Ph.D. Dissertation; 2005; Yan, T.
- Estimation in surveys with nonresponse; 2005; Sarndal, C.-E., Lundstrom, S.
- Drop-down boxes, radio buttons, or fill-in-the-blank? Web survey scale-type effects; 2005
- Does weighting for nonresponse increase the variance of survey means?; 2005; Little, R. J., Vartivarian, S.
- Computer-assisted questioning: the new survey methods in the perception of the respondents; 2005; Beckenbach, A.
- Comparing the results of probability and non-probability sample surveys; 2005; Krosnick, J. A.
- Changes in telephone survey nonresponse over the past quarter century; 2005; Curtin, R., Presser, S., Singer, E.
- Big scale observations gathered with the help of client side paradata; 2005; Haraldsen, G., Kleven, Ø., Sundvoll, A.
- User Interface Design and Evaluation ; 2005; Stone, D., Jarrett, C., Woodroffe, M., Minocha, S.
- The 2005 Confirmit Annual MR Software Survey; 2005; Macer, T.; Wilson, S.
- Adding Value to Data Through Improved Access. The Case for Web Portals; 2005; Baker, R. P.
- Multi-Mode Research and Data Linkage. Theoretical and Practical Advice; 2005; Terhanian, G.
- Architectural Design of a Survey Questionnaire and Respondent Data Repository. Practical Considerations...; 2005; Cookson, P., Sobell, J.
- Developing and validating a nursing website evaluation questionnaire; 2005; Tsai, S. - L., Chai, S.-K.
- Workaround: Site’s surveys beat pop-up blockers, yield responses; 2005; Arnold, C.
- The Story of Subject Naught: A Cautionary but Optimistic Tale of Internet Survey Research; 2005; Konstan, J. A., Ross, M. W., Rosser, B. R. S., Stanton, J. M., Edwards, W. M.
- Apache security; 2005; Ristic, I.
- Standards in Online Surveys. Sources for Professional Codes of Conduct, Ethical Guidelines and Quality...; 2005; Kaczmirek, L., Schulze, N.
- Modern multidimensional scaling theory and applications (2nd ed.) ; 2005; Borg, I., Groenen, P. J. F.
- Computer adaptive testing; 2005; Gershon, R. C.
- Ego control and ego-resiliency: Generalization of self-report scales based on personality descriptions...; 2005; Block, J., Funder, D. C., Letzring, T. D.
- The Web experiment list: A Web service for the recruitment of participants and archiving of Internet...; 2005; Reips, U. -D., Lengler, R.
- Trust, Identity, and the Effects of Voting Technologies on Voting Behavior; 2005; Oostveen, A. M., Besselaar, P.
- Survey of substance use among high school students in Taipei: Web-based questionnaire versus paper-and...; 2005; Wang, Y. C., Lee, C. M., Lew-Ting, C. Y., Hsiao, C. K., Chen, W. J.
- Web Surveys. A Brief Guide on Usability and Implementation Issues; 2005; Kaczmirek, L.
- An assessment of measurement invariance between online and mail surveys ; 2005; Deutskens, E., de Ruyter, K., Wetzels, M.
- Demographics and online survey response rates ; 2005; Knapton, K., Myers, S.
- Applying Web-Based Survey Design Standards ; 2005; Crawford, S. D., McCabe, S. E., Pope, D.
- The open research system: a web based metadata and data repository for collaborative research; 2005; Schweik, C. M., Stepanov, A., Grove, J. M.
- Instructing Web and Telephone Respondents to Report Date Answers in Format Desired by the Surveyor; 2005; Christian, L. M., Dillman, D. A., Smyth, J. D.
- Internet-based travel surveys: Selected evidence on response rates, sampling bias and reliability; 2005; Arentze, T., Bos, I., Molin, E., Timmermans, H.
- E-mail versus Web survey response rates among health education professionals; 2005; Kittleson, M. J., Brown, S. L.
- Assessing the Quality of Data from Online Panels: Moving Forward wiht Confidence; 2005; Smith, R.
- SMS -Based Surveys: Strategies to Improve Participation; 2005; Balabanis, G., Mitchell, V.-W., Heinonen-Mavrovouniotis, S.
- Internet and Paper Based Data Collection Methods in Agricultural Education Research; 2005; Ladner, M. D., Wingenbach, G. J., Raven, M. R.