Web Survey Bibliography
Title Using the Internet to Survey College Students About Their Law School Plans
Author Meinhold, S. S., Gleiber, D. W.
Source Law School Admission Council (LSAC)
Access date 23.02.2006
Full text pdf (2570k)
Abstract Very little is known about the potential pool of law school applicants from which eventual law school attendees come. This is primarily due to the difficulty of collecting systematic information from the college students that make up this group. Large scale surveys of college students are both difficult and expensive and are frequently limited by their cross-sectional design. The increasing technological sophistication of college students and recent improvements in electronic surveys raises the question of whether the Internet—via e-mail and the web—can be used to conduct a large scale survey of the postgraduate plans of college students. In 1998, the Law School Admission Council provided funding for the Career Plans and Undergraduate Attitudes Project to assess the feasibility of such a survey. Part I of this report describes the organization and structure of the Career Plans and Undergraduate Attitudes Project and the results from the first-year survey. Part II examines the results from the second-year survey. The Career Plans and Undergraduate Attitudes Project was established to conduct a panel study of the postgraduate plans of a single cohort of students from three separate universities. The 1998 cohort of freshmen at three universities would be interviewed via e-mail and the web during the fall semester of each year. A panel study collects information from the same subjects multiple times. Thus at the end of the project it would be possible to describe the characteristics of law school intenders at each stage of the undergraduate experience and to describe how they had changed from the previous year. Panel studies of this kind are difficult to execute yet having individual level data on the nature of how law school plans change among undergraduates over time would be incredibly valuable. Only with such data would it be possible to develop informed intervention programs to increase the size and diversity of the potential law school applicant pool. This project was an attempt to examine whether the Internet could facilitate such a process.
Access/Direct link LSAC homepage
Bibliographic typeReports, seminars
Year of publication2005
Web Survey Bibliography - Reports, seminars (303)
- Adaptive survey designs to minimize survey mode effects. A case study on the Dutch Labour Force Survey...; 2013; Calinescu, M., Schouten, B.
- Measurement error calibration in mixed-mode sample surveys; 2013; Buelens, B., van der Brakel, J.
- Optimal Resource Allocation in Adaptive Survey Designs; 2013; Calinescu, M.
- Interactive applets on the Web for methods and statistics; 2013; Reips, U. -D., McClelland, G.
- Economic valuation in Web surveys; A review of the state of the art and best practices; 2013; Menegaki, A. N., Tsagarakis, K. P.
- Can creative web survey questionnaire design improve the response quality?; 2013; Angelovska, J., Mavrikiou, P. M.
- Attitudes of Nebraska Residents on Nebraska Water Management; 2013; Dillman, D. A., Edwards, M. L.
- Attitudes of Washington Residents on Washington Water Management; 2013; Dillman, D. A., Edwards, M. L.
- Going online with a face-to-face household panel: initial results from an experiment on the Understanding...; 2013; Jaeckle, A., Lynn, P., Burton, J.
- Targeted response inducement strategies on longitudinal surveys; 2013; Lynn, P.
- Advanced Research Methods Training in the UK: Current Provision and Future Strategies; 2013; Moley, S., Wiles, R., Sturgis, P.
- Doing real time research: Opportunities and challenges; 2013; Back, L., Lury, C., Zimmer, R.
- ‘Digital Methods as Mainstream Methodology’: Building capacity in the research community...; 2013; Roberts, S., Hine, C., Morey, Y., Snee, H., Watson, H.
- The Technology Behind Mobile Research: Browsers vs. Apps ; 2013; Macer, T.
- The 2012 Confirmit Annual Market Research Software Survey; 2013; Macer, T., Wilson, S.
- Online survey of insolvency professionals undertaken for TSO. Summary analysis prepared for survey participants...; 2013; Tribe, J., Purdy, D.
- Ten questions to ask your online survey provider; 2013; Williams, D.
- Survey quality prediction system 2.0; 2013
- Report Of The AAPOR Task Force On Non-probability sampling; 2013; Baker, R. P., Brick, J. M., Bates, N., Battaglia, M. P., Couper, M. P., Dever, J. A., Gile, K. J., Tourangeau...
- Mode Matters: Evaluating Response Comparability in a Mixed-Mode Survey; 2013; Bowyer, B. T., Rogowski, J. C.
- Askito: An open source Web questionnaire tool; 2013; Reips, U. -D., Heilmann, T.
- Effects of visual and aural communication of categorical response options on answers to survey questions...; 2012; Lynch, P., Hope, S., Jaeckle, A., Campanelli, P., Nicolaas, G.
- An Introduction to Using Video for Research; 2012; Jewitt, C.
- Survey Swipe; 2012; Macer, T.
- Tracking preference expression (DNT); 2012
- The rise of the "connected viewer"; 2012; Smith, A., Boyles, J. L.
- The cross platform report. Q2 -2012 - US; 2012
- Smartphone ownership update: September 2012; 2012; Rainie, L.
- Participation of mobile users in traditional online studies; 2012; Jue, A.
- Online survey statistics for the mobile future. Updated with Q3 2012 data; 2012
- Ofcom technology tracker Wave 3; 2012
- Ofcom technology tracker Wave 2; 2012
- Norme di qualita' Assirm (Assirm quality rules]; 2012
- NBCU enlists Google, ComScore to track multiscreen Olympics viewing; 2012; Spangler, T.
- MRS Guidelines for online reseach; 2012
- More dirty little secrets of online panel research.; 2012
- Mobile email opens report 2nd half 2011; 2012
- Media tracker; 2012
- Measuring modern media consumption; 2012; Arini, N.
- ISO 20252. Market, opinion and social research-Vocabulary and service requirements, 2nd Edition; 2012
- Internet use in households and by individual in 2012. Eurostat Statistics in Focus 50/2012; 2012; Seybert, H.
- Internet access - Households and individuals, 2012 part 2; 2012
- Internet access - Households and individuals, 2012; 2012
- Google et Médiamétrie créent une audience bimédia; 2012; Gonzales, P.
- GMI Pinnacle; 2012
- Global market research 2012; 2012
- Eurobarometer Special surveys: Special Eurobarometer 381; 2012
- Ebook readings jumps, print book reading declines; 2012; Rainie, L., Duggan, M.
- Digital Divides: A connectivity continuum for the United States. Data from the 2011 Current Population...; 2012; File, T.
- Adult gadget ownership over time (2006-2012); 2012