Web Survey Bibliography
Title Online Evaluation Survey
Author Strzoda, C.
Access date 23.09.2006
Abstract The spread of usage of the online methodology for the collection of market research data is intensively discussed in the consumer area as the switch from offline to online data collection is proceeding more slowly (in the consumer area) than expected. One major concern of the usage of the online methodology resp. the usage of online panels is a lack of knowledge about the consequences of this switch in methodology. TNS Infratest is investing a lot of efforts helping closing this gap. As one approach the so called \"Online Evaluation Survey\" was conducted. This survey is comparing the results of different methodologies using the same questionnaire. As one focus was put on concept testing all relevant methodologies for concept testing were included in the program: ? Self administered Access Panel via Mail ? Self administered Access Panel via Online ? Interviewer administered Central Location, via recruitment on the street ? interviewer administered Random Route Methodology Due to the fact that visual material need to be used during the interview telephone interviews via CATI were not included in the survey. In addition to the concept questions some general questions like contentness with ones life etc. were included in the questionnaire as well to check the impact of different contents. To evaluate the influence of segmentations a segmentation developed by Thomas Gensicke (Thomas Gensicke is a employee of the social research department Munich) was included in the questionnaire as well. More than 4.500 interviews were collected to achieve stable results and to be able to analyse the data on a detailed level. During the session I would like to show some results of this survey and the implications of this.
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication2006
Full text availabilityNon-existant
Web Survey Bibliography - General Online Research Conference (GOR) 2006 (29)
- Cash Lotteries as Incentives in Online Panels; 2006; Goeritz, A.
- ‘Low social presence’ in web surveys: advantage or disadvantage or both? An experiment; 2006; Taddicken, M.
- How much individualisation does a conjoint survey need? - Experiences from an online experiment; 2006; Tuschl, S., Morasch, N.
- The effect of different kinds of progress bars on online survey compliance and data quality; 2006; van der Horst, W., Snijders, C., Matzat, U.
- The impact of persuasion strategies on the response rate in online surveys: Incentives, foot-in-the-...; 2006; Verheyen, C.; Schuebel, C., Moser, K.
- Online visual landscape assessment using Internet survey techniques in landscape planning and environmental...; 2006; Roth, M.
- Image Impact Evaluation - A new methodological approach with virtual test environments; 2006; Selke, S., Fetzner, D.
- Air refresheners online? Validity check of an Internet online sample using external reference data; 2006; Starsetzki, T., Lehmann, G.
- Online Evaluation Survey; 2006; Strzoda, C.
- Online Survey Response Patterns; 2006; Sutton A., Hopkins Burke, K.
- Does the Collection of Ego-Centered Network Data on the Web reduce the Data Quality? An Experimental...; 2006; Matzat, U., Snijders, C.
- Optimizing open-ended questions in online questionnaires for measuring price perception and willingness...; 2006; Melles, T., Ellers, G.
- Ranking vs. Rating in an online Environment; 2006; Neubarth, W.
- Online Recruiting on Internet pages New Solution for On Exit Recruitment on WebSites; 2006; Otto, P.
- Online Conjoint Analysis: The faster, the worse?; 2006; Puetzfeld, S., Melles, T.
- Web survey on transition from university to work: measuring the marginal effect mode; 2006; D'Agostino, A., Quintano, C., Castellano, R.
- Qualitative research online: Self-reported pros and cons of being chat-interviewed online with web cameras...; 2006; Davidovich, U., Uhr, H.
- Visual Analogue Scales: Non-linear Data Categorization by Transformation with Reduced Extremes; 2006; Funke, F., Reips, U. -D.
- Response Biases in Online Surveys; 2006; Galesic, M., Bosnjak, M.
- Using Instant Messaging for Internet-based interviews; 2006; Goeritz, A., Stieger, S.
- A online-offline method comparison based on quasi-experimental data from two surveys to family stress...; 2006; Haenggi, Y., Heldner, C.
- Hybrid Methods in Market Research - Learnings and Limits; 2006; Helmold, D., Kohlmann, U.
- The impact of visualization of question types and screen pages on the answering behaviour in online...; 2006; Hemsing, W., Hellwig, O.
- Specific Demands of Longitudinal Online-Surveys; 2006; Kahnwald, N., Koehler, T.
- A Comparison of the validity of a paper based and an online Conjoint Analysis; 2006; Klein, A., Scheffold, K.
- Determinants of Response Rates of Online Surveys - The Anita Effect - Results of a Joint Project; 2006; Althoff, S., Greif, V., Griel, B., Batinic, B.
- Technical opportunities for automation and integration of online surveys in business processes; 2006; Batinic, B.
- Personality traits and participation in an online access panel; 2006; Galesic, M., Bosnjak, M.