Web Survey Bibliography
A crucial resource for increasing response rates and obtaining high-quality feedback from mail, electronic, and other surveys.
Don Dillman's Mail and Internet Surveys, Second Edition has been the definitive guide for creating and conducting successful surveys using both traditional and new media channels. Now, this special 2007 Update of the classic text features major additions covering the latest developments in online survey design and administration.
Like its predecessor, this resource lays out a complete, start-to-finish guide for determining the needs of a given survey, designing it, and effectively administering it. Drawing on social science, statistics, and proven best practices, Dillman's text discusses surveys for a variety of purposes, audiences, and situations.
New and updated material covers both the principles behind and directions for how to:
- Conduct Web surveys
- Visually design questionnaires
- Use paper mailed surveys
As insightful and practical as its classic original, Mail and Internet Surveys, Second Edition, 2007 Update is a crucial resource for any researcher seeking to increase response rates and obtain high-quality feedback from mail, electronic, and other self-administered surveys.
Google Books Homepage (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - Email surveys (319)
- Ten questions to ask your online survey provider; 2013; Williams, D.
- Survey quality prediction system 2.0; 2013
- The E-Interview in Qualitative Research; 2013; Bampton, R., Cowton, C., Downs, Y.
- Methodological Considerations of Qualitative Email Interviews; 2013; Nehls, K.
- The effects of item saliency and question design on measurement error in a self-administered survey; 2012; Stern, M. J., Smyth, J. D., Mendez, J.
- The cross platform report. Q2 -2012 - US; 2012
- Sensitive topics in PC Web and mobile web surveys: Is there a difference?; 2012; Mavletova, A. M., Couper, M. P.
- Mobile email opens report 2nd half 2011; 2012
- Guide to social science data preparation. Best practice throughout the data life cycle; 2012
- Boosting Web pick-up Rates by referring to Compliance Principles ; 2012; Falnes-Dalheim, E., Haraldsen, G., Sundvoll, A.
- 2010 ACS Content Test Evaluation Report Covering Computer and Internet ; 2012; Shin, H. B.
- Use of Response Propensities; 2012; Bethlehem, J., Biffignandi, S.
- The Problem of Self-Selection; 2012; Bethlehem, J.,Biffignandi, S.
- E-Mail Surveys; 2012; Mesch, G.
- Using Mixed-Mode Contacts to Facilitate Participation in Public Agency Client Surveys; 2012; Israel, G. D.
- An Analysis of the AAPOR 2011 Membership Survey Nonresponse and Paradata; 2012; Hammer, H., Murphy, J., Hamel, L., Harrison, C.
- User agent; 2011
- The smart(phone) way to collect survey data; 2011; Stapleton, C.
- The changing role of address-based sampling in survey research; 2011; Iannacchione, V. G.
- Mobile, webmail, desktops: Where are we viewing email now?; 2011
- A meta-analysis of experiments manipulating progress indicators in Web surveys; 2011; Callegaro, M., Villar, A., Yang, Y.
- Online Surveys: Past, Present, and Future; 2011; de Leeuw, E. D.
- Using e-mail recruitment and an online questionnaire to establish effect size: A worked example ; 2011; Kirkby, H. M., Calver, M., Draper, H., Calvert, M., Wilson, S.
- The use of email‐facilitated interviewing with higher functioning autistic people participating...; 2011; Benford, P., Standen, P.
- E-survey (surveys based on e-mail & web) Analysis and identification of cold responsive proteins in...; 2011; Sodabeh, J.-G., Ferdous, R.-J., Lello, Z., Ghasem, K., Ghasem, H. S., Gholipoori, A., Siroos, M., Sajjad...
- E-survey (surveys based on e-mail & web); 2011; Kalantari, D. H., Kalantari, D. E., Maleki, S.
- Response Rates and Data Quality in Web and Mail Surveys Administered to PhD Holders; 2011; Barrios, M., Villarroya, A., Borrego, A., Olle, C.
- The multidimensional integral business survey response model; 2010; Bavdaž, M.
- The impact of next and back buttons on time to complete and measurement reliability in computer-based...; 2010; Gershon, R. C. et al.
- Sources of measurement errors in business surveys; 2010; Bavdaž, M.
- Recruiting probability samples for a multi-mode research panel with Internet and mail components; 2010; Rao, K.
- Take these steps to build your research on a solid foundation ; 2010; Hardy, M.
- Randomized trial showed that an “embedded” survey strategy optimized authorization rates...; 2010; Murdoch, M., Pietila, D. M., Partin, M. R.
- Questionnaire Design of Self-Administered Paper and Online Surveys: Efficiency Considerations ; 2010; Lehtmets, D.
- Using Web Surveys To Determine Audience Characteristics And Product Preferences; 2010; Philbrick, J. H., Bart, B., F. F.Smith, R. F.
- Using the Internet to Survey Small Towns and Communities: Limitations and Possibilities in the Early...; 2010; Smyth, J. D., Dillman, D. A., Christian, L. M., O'Neill, A. C.
- Exploring mode effects in a panel survey of new businesses; 2009; Santos, B., DesRoches, D.
- The Effects of the Initial Mode of Contact on the Response Rate and Data Quality in an Internet-Based...; 2009; Wiseman, F.
- Having their say: email interviews for research data collection with people who have verbal communication...; 2009; Ison, N.
- The Impact of Personalized Prenotification on Response Rates to an Electronic Survey; 2009; Hart, A. M., Brennan, C. W., Sym, D., Larson, E.
- Online Versus Paper: Format Effects in Tourism Surveys; 2009; Dolnicar, S., Laesser, C., Matus, K.
- Web-based surveys as an alternative to traditional mail methods ; 2009; Fleming, C. M., Bowden, M.
- Usability testing; 2008; Roe, D. J.
- The advisory panel on online public opinion survey quality - Final report June 4, 2008; 2008
- Email survey; 2008; Porter, S. R.
- Swedish National Data Service's Strategy for Sharing and Mediating Data; 2008; Carlhed, C., Alfredsson, I.
- Using Web Surveys to Reach Community College Students: An Analysis of Response Rates and Response Bias...; 2008; Sax, L. J., Gilmartin, S. K., Hagedorn, L. S., Lee, J. J.
- Asking the age question in mail and online surveys; 2008; Gendall, P., Healey, B.
- A Comparison of Address-Based Sampling (ABS) Versus Random-Digit Dialing (RDD) for General Population...; 2008; W., Battaglia, M. P., Frankel, M. R., Osborn, L., Mokdad, A.Link, M. W.
- Prenotification in Web-Based Access Panel Surveys: The Influence of Mobile Text Messaging Versus E-Mail...; 2008; Bosnjak, M., Neubarth, W., Couper, M. P., Bandilla, W., Kaczmirek, L.