Web Survey Bibliography
Web 2.0 and User Generated Content (UGC) are no long er only marketing postulates, the success of online sites like Wikipedia and YouTube indicates that generating content is more and more becoming reality in online usage behavior. At Yahoo! we strongly believe that UGC is a key driver for increasing engagement and user experience. Therefore we started soon to think about how to use the willingness of our users to participate actively and to share their knowledge in our products. As a data driven company - more than 10 terabytes of data is collected all over the Yahoo! Network daily - a lot of researchers squire our stakeholders in each step of decision taking, product development and product integration.
The presentation summarizes the different research approaches and initiatives taken during the whole development process of our recently launched product Yahoo! Clever. From a mandate - increase online traffic through UGC - to the finally launched product a variety of different studies have been conducted in Yahoo!. First of all there was a changing usage behavior of our users concerning social networking and UCG for us to understand. Therefore ethnographic studies and focus groups have been conducted in the biggest Yahoo! markets. At the same time researchers in the design department started with prototype evaluation design studies in which mockups and different types of network integration have been tested. Design researchers work closely with the product development team and the engineering team on the product's front end site.
Researchers all over the Yahoo! Network in the local markets start to work together with the researchers overseas once the decision has been taken in what local markets the product will be launched. In focus groups the researchers compile which steps are necessary to localize the product. Online surveys and segmentation studies help to find out the potential of the product in the local market. Marketing teams start to investigate how to address the users, how to name the product and to define the marketing campaign. At the same time first tests with the product - still in beta phase - are made.
Once the product is launched in beta stadium the first aim is to test it under live circumstances. The collected data (usage behavior analysis and segmentation analysis) help us to understand how users interact with the product and where the product needs to be improved. Finally once the marketing campaign launched, a CATI survey shows us the impact of the campaign and if we succeed in driving users to our product.
Web Survey Bibliography - Research on Internet (648)
- Visiting item non-responses in internet survey data collection; 2011; Albaum, G., Roster, C. A., Smith, S. M., Wiley, J. B.
- Estimating nonresponse bias and mode effects in a mixed-mode survey; 2011; Lugtig, P. J., Lensvelt-Mulders, G. J., Frerichs, R., Greven, A.
- Conceptualizing Trust in Digital Environments: Health-e Skepticism: Trust in the Age of the Internet; 2011; Harris, A., Wyatt, S., Kelly, S.
- The Changing Face of Trust in Health Websites; 2011; Sillence, L., Mo, P., Briggs, P., Harris, P. R.
- Some Researchers Do, Some Researchers Don’t: Reflections on Interdisciplinarity and Digital Social...; 2011; Pangbourne, K., Philip, L., Pignotti, E., Edwards, P.
- The Structural Changes of Social Support Networks in a Decade of the Internet Uptake in Slovenia; 2011; Vehovar, V., Petric, G., PetrovŤiŤ, A.
- A Web Survey Program Based on Computer Technology and Its Application to Evaluation Model about Youth...; 2011; Song, M., Song, Y-G., Yang, T.
- Teens Ask Doctors on the Internet: A One-Year Survey of an Adolescent Health Internet Forum ; 2011; Hardoff, D., Rigler, S.
- Conceptualizing the value of Web content in marketing research; 2011; Chang, J.
- Using the Internet for speech research: an evaluative study examining affect in speech; 2011; Knoll, M. A., Uther, M., Costall, A.
- Guidelines for easing parental fears regarding online research; 2011; Goldfarb Liss, P.
- Sponsor Prominence and Responses Patterns to an Online Survey; 2011; Boulianne, J. S., Klofstad, C. A., Basson, D.Boulianne, S. J.
- Wired but Not WEIRD: The promise of the Internet in reaching more diverse samples; 2010; Gosling, S. D. et al.
- What it takes to be a top 100 website; 2010
- There is an app for that! A review of smartphone apps for marketing research; 2010; Michelson, M.
- The weirdest people in the world?; 2010; Heine, S. J., Henrich, J., Norenzayan, A.
- Exploring the digital nation. Home broadband internet adoption in the United States; 2010
- Broadband adoption and use in America; 2010; Horrigan, J.
- Beyond the Usability Lab: Conducting Large-scale Online User Experience Studies; 2010; Albert, W., Tullis, T., Tedesco, D.
- Walking in Facebook: A Case Study of Unbiased Sampling of OSNs; 2010; Gjoka, M., Kurant, M., Butts, C. T., Markopoulou, A.
- An Analyze of the Zero Price Effect on Online Business Performance - An Research Based on the Mobile...; 2010; Liu, Y., Yuan, P.
- News Platform Preference: Advancing the Effects of Age and Media Consumption on Political Participation...; 2010; Bachmann, I., Kaufhold, K., Lewis, S. C., de Zuniga, H. G.
- ReCal: Intercoder Reliability Calculation as a Web Service ; 2010; Freelon, D. G.
- Uses of YouTube, and Other Web 2.0 Applications, in Data Collection; 2010; Franklin, J.
- Beyond the Blank-Canvas Approach ; 2010
- When the water is right.; 2010; Andruss, P.
- Testing the Applicability of Respondent Driven Sampling as an Online Research Method to Sample Hidden...; 2010; Pajak, D.
- Seriousness Checks are Useful to Improve Data Validity in Online Research; 2010; Diedenhofen, D., Aust, F., Ullrich, S., Musch, J.
- A validation of well-being and happiness surveys for administration via the Internet ; 2010; Howell, R. T., Rodzon, K. S., Kurai, M., Sanchez, A. H.
- A Comparison of Psychometric Properties Between Internet and Paper Versions of Two Depression Instruments...; 2010; Andersson, G., Engstroem, I., Hollaendare, F.
- Do You Know Which Device Your Respondent Has Used to Take Your Online Survey?; 2010; Callegaro, M.
- The Ethics of Outsourcing Online Survey Research; 2010; Allen, P. J., Roberts, L. D.
- Epidemiologic Research and Web 2.0—the User-driven Web; 2010; Lee, B. K.
- Results of Targeting Pre-Identified Minority, Unidentified Non-Internet and Vacant Homes in Two National...; 2010; DiSogra, C., Hendarwan, E.
- Does Providing Internet Access to Non-Internet Households Affect Reported Media Behavior for Latinos...; 2010; Dennis, J. M., DiSogra, C.
- A Study Of Technology Adoption By Researchers: Web and e-science infrastructures to enhance research...; 2010; Pearce, N.
- Examining the effects of website-induced flow in professional sporting team websites; 2010; O'Cass, A., Carlson, J.
- Reaching young adult smokers through the Internet: Comparison of three recruitment mechanisms; 2010; Ramo, D. E., Hall, S. M., Prochaska, J. J.
- Using the Internet to Survey Small Towns and Communities: Limitations and Possibilities in the Early...; 2010; Smyth, J. D., Dillman, D. A., Christian, L. M., O'Neill, A. C.
- Where Is the unproctored Internet testing train headed now?; 2009; Tippins, N. T.
- Recovering the scientist-practitioner model: How IOs should respond to unproctored internet testing; 2009; Beaty, J. C. et al.
- Internet alternatives to traditional proctored testing: Where are we now?; 2009; Tippins, N. T.
- Getting data for (business) statistics: What's new? What's next?; 2009; Snijkers, G.
- Exploring mode effects in a panel survey of new businesses; 2009; Santos, B., DesRoches, D.
- Dirty little secrets of online panels. And how the one you select can make or break your study; 2009
- Predicting Tie Strength With Social Media; 2009; Gilbert, E., Karahalios, K.
- A Special Report from the Advertising Research Foundation - The Foundations of Quality Initiative: A...; 2009; Walker, R., Pettit, R., Rubinson, J.
- Social Network Services as Data Sources and Platforms for e-Researching Social Networks; 2009; Ackland, R.
- Methodeneffekte von Web-Befragungen: Soziale ErwŁnschtheit vs. Soziale Entkontextualisierung; 2009; Taddicken, M.
- Internet Measurement of Ad-noting: Sampling and Statistical Issues; 2009; Frankel, M. R., Baim, J., Galin, M., Agresti, J., Augemberg, K.