Web Survey Bibliography
Title How to evaluate the efficacy of online advertising
Author Hummerston, A.
Access date 24.05.2004
Abstract In this presentation Arno Hummerston, Director of Online Advertising at Taylor Nelson Sofres Interactive, uses a wide range of case histories to illustrate the opportunities presented by the Internet for evaluating and improving online advertising. Learning lessons from real life case histories including the travel sector. * Traditionally what has been acceptable in the field of TV ad research?: - telephone surveys, - response rate levels. * What we have learnt from offline research: - what works and what doesn't, - how we can improve. * The additional benefits offered by the Internet when evaluating online adverts: - more control, - immediacy, - greater accuracy. * How actually to do the research: - the methods to use. * pop-up boxes. * email questionnaires. * panels - advantages and disadvantages of alternative approaches to collecting data: - when to use which method. * Benefiting from the holistic view now on offer. * Results: - how to measure them, - feeding findings into the strategy to improve future marketing, - using the findings to improve research methods. * Integrating the research into online and offline advertising: - how to do it for maximum returns, - separating out the on and offline effects, - reality checks. * Case study: How a travel sector company applied a new approach to improve results and increase profit. * The future of ad research in a multimedia world.
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication2001
Web Survey Bibliography - Undertaking and Interpreting Online Research, 2001 (5)
- Assessing customer satisfaction: How valid are the answers?; 2001; Lopata, R.
- How to evaluate the efficacy of online advertising; 2001; Hummerston, A.
- Questionnaire Design: Understanding the Differences in Customer Statements and Motivations in the Online...; 2001; Foote, N.
- Criteria For Evaluating Alternative Methodologies Online - What Works Best? When?; 2001; Perrott, N.
- Can the online community really be surveyed and analysed as if it was its offline counterpart? Site...; 2001; White, C.