Web Survey Bibliography
In the last two years the Inspecci´on de Servicios of the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM) has been running a web-based panel survey with a probability sample of 889 students. In each wave of the panel students report on the incidences occurred at the academic lectures they attend in a particular day of the week. For this academic year we have a sample of 14 639, being the later our unit of analysis.
In this paper we will report on the nonresponse rate of the panel, on one hand related to those invited to participate (3 091) who declined our invitation (2 202) and on the other to the specific nonresponse rate in the different waves of the panel. We will cover the following aspects:
• Basic methodological characteristics of the research and aim of the survey.
• Nonresponse participation rate in the invitation process and in the different waves of the panel.
• Socio demographic characteristics of non respondents.
• Nonresponse and the recalling process (up to 3 remainders in each wave). Remainders and its incidence in the measurement of basic parameters of the survey.
• Bias as a result of nonresponse
• Implications of the results for online based research in academic context.
European survey research associaton conference 2007 (abstract)