Web Survey Bibliography
Title What constitutes adoption of the Web: A methodological problem in assessing adoption of the World Wide Web for electronic commerce
Source Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 35, pp. 217-218
Access date 24.05.2004
Abstract Methodological developments are discussed in a project to assess the adoption of the Web by publishers of business information. The total project looks at the extent of adoption among the general population of business publishers, characterizes adopters and non-adopters, analyzes the rate of adoption among adopters, and surveys the nature of adoption. A methodological task associated with characterizing the nature of adoption is addressed. Preliminary research indicated considerable variations in the use of the Web by business publishers and the need, therefore, to develop a typology that would characterize the nature of use that constituted acceptance of the knowledge on a relative basis. An approach is described that was used on a sample of 20 business publishers. Variables included in developing the clusters included factors such as source of revenue, relationship to former publications, and extent of tailoring.
Access/Direct link ProQuest (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication1998
Web Survey Bibliography (6797)
- Coverage error in internet surveys Can fixed phones fix it?; 2012; Vicente, P., Reis, E.
- Exploring the impact of animation-based questionnaire on conducting a web-based educational survey and...; 2012; Chien, Y.-T., Chang, C.-Y.
- Marktforschung mit dem iPad-Panel von Axel Springer Media Impact; 2012
- Online and Paper-Based: A Mixed-Method Approach to Conducting a Needs Assessment Survey of Physicians...; 2012; Olatunbosun, T., Wu, C., Grewal, G., Lynn, B.
- Technique to Blend Probability and Non-probability Internet Samples; 2012; DiSogra, C.
- The “frequency divide”: implications for internet-based surveys; 2012; Vicente, P., Reis, E.
- Effects of Personalized Versus Generic Implementation of an Intra-Organizational Online Survey on Psychological...; 2012; Mueller, K., Straatmann, T., Hattrup, K., Jochum, M.
- What Would You Do? Conducting Web-Based Factorial Vignette Surveys; 2012; Aviram, H.
- Combining web and face-to-face in travel surveys: comparability challenges?; 2012; Bayart, C., Bonnel, P.
- Web Surveys: Methodological Problems and Research Perspectives; 2012; Biffignandi, S., Bethlehem, J.
- Increasing Response Rate in Web-Based/Internet Surveys; 2012; Manzo, A. N., Burke, J. M.
- Multiple Imputation for Unit Nonresponse and Measurement Error; 2012; Peytchev, A.
- Open-ended Questions in Web Surveys: One Large vs. Ten Small Boxes; 2012; Keusch, F.
- Positioning of Clarification Features in Web Surveys: Evidence from Eye Tracking Data; 2012; Kunz, T., Fuchs, M.
- Using Adaptive Questionnaire Design in Open-ended Questions: A Fieldexperimental Study on the Size of...; 2012; Fuchs, M., Emde, M.
- Effects of Pagination on Short Online Surveys; 2012; Sedley, A., Callegaro, M.
- A Systematic Review of Studies Investigating the Quality of Data Obtained with Online Panels; 2012; Callegaro, M., Villar, A., Krosnick, J. A., Yeager, D. S.
- Advanced Paradata in Web Surveys: What Can They Tell about the Response Process?; 2012; Vehovar, V., Slavec, A., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Information-Communication Technology Support for Online Surveys: A Need for Integration; 2012; Vehovar, V., Slavec, A., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Exploring New Pathways to Survey Recruitment; 2012; Bilgram, V., Stadler, D.Jawecki, G.
- Understanding selection bias in a worldwide, volunteer web-survey; 2012; Tijdens, K., Steinmetz, S.
- Does Mode Matter? Initial Evidence from the German Longitudinal Election Study (GLES); 2012; Blumenstiel, J. E., Rossmann, J.
- The Representativity of Web Surveys of the General Population compared to Traditional Modes and Mixed...; 2012; Klausch, L. T., Schouten, B., Hox, J.
- Global market of web survey software: Status, trends and issues; 2012; Vehovar, V., Slavec, A., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Best of both worlds – The INSA study 50plus; 2012; Geissler, H., Blome, C.
- The “MediaLiveTracker” – A New Online-Tool for Real-Time-Response-Measurement; 2012; Kercher, J., Bachl, M., Voegele, C., Vohle, F.
- Surveytainment 2.0: Why investing 10 more minutes more in constructing your questionnaire is worth considering...; 2012; Muehle, A., Tress, F., Schmidt, S., Winkler, T.
- Paradata insight into survey response behaviour: An analysis of a set of hosted web surveys; 2012; Lozar Manfreda, K., Berzelak, N., Vehovar, V.
- Market research online community (MROC) versus focus group; 2012; Zuber, M.
- Data quality in MAWI and CAWI; 2012; Mavletova, A. M., Blasius, J.
- Can mobile-web surveys substitute classic web-surveys? Results from an exploratory, comparative method...; 2012; Bohn, A., Doering, N., Maxl, E.
- Time use data collection using Smartphones: Results of a pilot study among experienced and inexperienced...; 2012; Scherpenzeel, A., Sonck, N., Fernee, H., Morren, M.
- Scrutinizing Dynamics – Rolling panel waves in theory and practice; 2012; Faas, T., Blumenberg, J. N.
- The German Internet Panel: Design of a Probability-Based Online Survey; 2012; Blom, A. G., Gathmann, C., Holthausen, A., Riepe, C.
- Do Mail and Internet Surveys Produce Different Item Nonresponse Rates? An Experiment Using Random Mode...; 2012; Millar, M. M., Dillman, D. A.
- Item Nonresponse in a Client Survey of the General Public; 2012; Israel, G. D., Lamm, A. J.
- Comparing Item Nonresponse across Different Delivery Modes in General Population Surveys; 2012; Lesser, V. M., Newton, L., Yang, D.
- Determinants of Item Nonresponse to Web and Mail Respondents in Three Address-Based Mixed-Mode Surveys...; 2012; Messer, B. L., Edwards, M. L., Dillman, D. A.
- The price we have to pay: Incentive experiments in the recruitment process for a probability-based online...; 2012; Schaurer, I., Struminskaya, B., Kaczmirek, L., Bandilla, W.
- Effects of number of response options in web surveys: The role of verbal labels; 2012; Thorsdottir, F., Fuchs, M., Jonsdottir, J.
- Little experience with technology as a cause of nonresponse in online surveys; 2012; Struminskaya, B., Schaurer, I., Kaczmirek, L., Bandilla, W.
- Comparing Item-Non-Response and Open Questions within different Web Survey Types; 2012; Silber, H., Lischewski, J., Leibold, J.
- Automatic Forwarding on Web Surveys – Some Outlines and Remarks; 2012; Selkaelae, A.
- Thinking, Planning & Operationalizing Empirical Mixed Methods Research Design; 2012; Ruhi, U.
- Online research for general populations: whether and how results could be extrapolated?; 2012; Póltorak, M., Kowalski, J.
- WAGE INDICATOR, web surveys methodology, WEBDATANET and Life satisfaction determinants as an example...; 2012; de Pedraza, P.
- Continuous large-scale volunteer web-surveys: The experience of Lohnspiegel and WageIndicator; 2012; Oez, F.
- Is Pretesting Established Among Online Survey Tool Users?; 2012
- An Evaluation of Two Non-Reactive Web Questionnaire Pretesting Methods; 2012; Lenzner, T.
- Recommendations for implementing online surveys and simple experiments in social and behavioural research...; 2012; Hewson, C. M.