Web Survey Bibliography
Title What constitutes adoption of the Web: A methodological problem in assessing adoption of the World Wide Web for electronic commerce
Source Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 35, pp. 217-218
Access date 24.05.2004
Abstract Methodological developments are discussed in a project to assess the adoption of the Web by publishers of business information. The total project looks at the extent of adoption among the general population of business publishers, characterizes adopters and non-adopters, analyzes the rate of adoption among adopters, and surveys the nature of adoption. A methodological task associated with characterizing the nature of adoption is addressed. Preliminary research indicated considerable variations in the use of the Web by business publishers and the need, therefore, to develop a typology that would characterize the nature of use that constituted acceptance of the knowledge on a relative basis. An approach is described that was used on a sample of 20 business publishers. Variables included in developing the clusters included factors such as source of revenue, relationship to former publications, and extent of tailoring.
Access/Direct link ProQuest (full text)
Year of publication1998
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography (6476)
- The Effect of a Mixed Mode Wave on Subsequent Attrition in a Panel Survey: Evidence from the Understanding...; 2011; Lynn, P.
- Seeing Through the Eyes of the Respondent: An Eye-tracking Study on Survey Question Comprehension; 2011; Lenzner, A., Kaczmirek, L., Galesic, M.
- Eye Tracking in testing questionnaires: What’s the added value?; 2011; Tries, S.
- Panel Recruitment via Facebook; 2011; Toepoel, V.
- Dropout rates during completion of an occupation search tree in web-surveys; 2011; Tijdens, K.
- Usability and burden measurement in online forms; 2011; Thomsen, P.
- Dynamic Data Editing in online data collection for the Vacant Positions Survey; 2011; Stax, H.-P.
- Utilizing Web Technology in Business Data Collection: Some Norwegian, Dutch and Danish Experiences; 2011; Snijkers, G., Haraldsen, G., Stax, H.-P.
- Web survey software; 2011; Slavec, A., Berzelak, N., Vehovar, V.
- Disentangling relative mode effects for the web survey mode in the Safety Monitor; 2011; Schouten, B., van de Brakel, J., Buelens, B., Klausch, L. T., van der Laan, J.
- Combining web surveys and XBRL ; 2011; Roos, M.
- Improving validity in web surveys with hard‐to‐reach targets: Online Respondent Driven Sampling...; 2011; Mavletova, A. M.
- Developing Electronic Questionnaires at Statistics Canada: Experiences and Challenges in a Changing...; 2011; Lawrence, D.
- Experiences with mixed mode mail & web-enquêtes in probability samples with known individuals; 2011; Kalgraff Skjak, K., Kolsrud, K.
- Towards a Holistic Questionnaire Develoment, Evaluation and Testing Tool; 2011; Haraldsen, G., Revold, M. K.
- Effects of internet data collection in business surveys – the case of the Dutch SBS; 2011; Giesen, D.
- Ignoring the compatibility of online questionnaires may bias the psychological composition of your sample...; 2011; Funke, F.
- Video enhanced web survey; 2011; Fuchs, M., Kunz, T., Gebhard, F.
- Keeping Up Appearances: Maintaining standards during strategic changes in electronic reporting; 2011; Farrell, E., Hewett, K.
- Respondent engagement: using usability testing; 2011; Dowling, Z.
- Yes, no, maybe. Effectiveness and Effects of Recruiting Strategies for Online Access Panels; 2011; Dale, T., Marksten, O. M. Walsoe, H.
- New data sources for statistics: Experiences at Statistics Netherlands; 2011; Daas, P., ten Bosch, O., de Blois, C., Hoekstra, R., Roos, M.
- Further research on the design of complex grids; 2011; Couper, M. P., Tourangeau, R.Conrad, F. G., Zhang, C.
- Interactive carrots and sticks to improve data quality; 2011; Conrad, F. G., Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P., Zhang, C.
- Scrolling or paging - it depends; 2011; Blanke, K.
- Mode of invitation for web surveys; 2011; Bandilla, W., Couper, M. P.
- Mobile Research Permissioning; 2011; Milla, P.
- The Battle For Business Data: New Technologies Critical To Researchers' Arsenal; 2011; Anderson, J.
- Research Applications for Mobile Data Collection; 2011; Fawson, B.
- Optimum Blending of Panels and Social Network Respondents; 2011; Gittelman, S. H., Portner, A.
- Making the move to mobile Apps-based research: A case study in the evaluation and implementation of...; 2011; Graham, P., Conry, S.
- Building Representative Datasets Using Multiple Online Respondent Sources: A New Method For A Difficult...; 2011; Eggers, M., Drake, E.
- Once a 'Bad' Respondent, Always a 'Bad' Respondent - How to Identify and Exclude '...; 2011; Suresh, N.
- Dealing with the Effects of Panelist Experience; 2011; Burdein, I.
- Results from Real-Time Data Collection (RTD) vs. Data from Traditional Panelists: Is it valid to combine...; 2011; Pingitore, G., Witten, S., Walker, A., Seldin, D., Ellrodt, R., Muns, N., Parks, C., Serrato, C.
- Widening the Net: A Comparison of Online Intercept and Access Panel Sampling; 2011; Bakken, D. G., Nawani, R.
- Does choice of vendor make a difference in respondent validation and how does it impact the overall...; 2011; Courtright, M., Miller, C.
- The Future of Research Through Gaming; 2011; Adamou, B.
- Making it fit: how survey technology providers are responding to the challenges of handling web surveys...; 2011; Macer, T.
- Probably the Best Bias in the World?; 2011; Dent, T.
- Optimus Modus: Comparing interviewing modes for visitor surveys; 2011; Stanley, N., Jenkins, S.
- The development of the KubeMatrix™ as a mobile app for Market Research Online Communities; 2011; Birks, D. F., Wilson, D.
- Online Research – Game On!: A look at how gaming techniques can transform your online research; 2011; Puleston, J.
- Engagement, Consistency, Reach – why the Technology Landscape Precludes All Three; 2011; Johnson, A., Rolfe, G.
- Proposed Indicators to Assess Interviewer Performance (IP) in CATI Surveys; 2011; Laflamme, F.
- The use of paradata to improve data collection at Statistics Canada: Empirical results and research; 2011; Gambino, J., Wrighte, D.
- Medium Node: NSF Census Research Network; 2011; McCutcheon, A. L., Belli, R. F., Olson, K., D.; Smyth, J. D., Soh, L.-K.
- A new online building survey system; 2011; Wang, Y.
- The Interactive Effects of Motivations and Trust in Anonymity on Adolescents' Enduring Participation...; 2011; Stiglbauer, B., Gnambs, T., Gamsjäger, M.
- The Research-Data-Centre in Research-Data-Centre Approach: A First Step Towards Decentralised International...; 2011; Bender, S., Heining, J.