Web Survey Bibliography
An objective of each online study is to motivate a respondent to completely fill out the entire questionnaire. More and more online studies are conducted which do not take into account the respondent’s time and effort to fill out a questionnaire. Using graphical support, questionnaires can become more interesting for the participant and motivate to complete the entire interview.
To test the effects we are undertaking a methodological experiment using different kinds of graphical scales.
Examined variables are:
* Response Rate /Drop-Out
* Time needed to complete the interview (duration)
* Consistency of the answers (computation with Saaty algorithm)
* Perceived quality of the interview by the respondent
An identical item list is used in the context of an Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) module. The AHP method is particularly suitable for the examination of the methodical question of scaling, since the quality of the answers can be measured calculating the consistency ratio non-reactively in the background without any effects whatsoever on the interview.
The study makes available the two technologically different approaches of graphical scaling support which are randomly integrated.
1. Application of a graphical slider based on classic Java technology with graphical support
2. Application of an identical graphical scale supported by AJAX
The results of the study will lead to an improvement of the creation of scales in the future in order to raise the quality standards of online interviewing by improving the understanding of the graphical interface design process in online surveys.
General online research (GOR) 2008 (abstract)
Web Survey Bibliography (6797)
- Internet Survey Methods: A Review of Strengths, Weaknesses, and Innovations; 2010; Smyth, J. D., Pearson, J. E.
- Continuity and Innovation in the Design of Understanding Society: the UK Household Longitudinal Study...; 2010; Laurie, H.
- Weighting Strategy for Understanding Society; 2010; Lynn, P., Kaminska, O.
- Globalpark Annual Market Research Software Survey 2009; 2010; Macer, T.; Wilson, S.
- Lessons from a Randomised Experiment with Mixed-Mode Designs for a Household Panel Survey; 2010; Lynn, P., Uhrig, S.C. N., Burton, J.
- Understanding Society Innovation Panel Wave 2: Results from Methodological Experiments ; 2010; Burton, J., Laurie, H., Uhrig, S.C. N.
- Offering a Web Option in a Mail Survey of Young Adults: Impact on Survey Quality; 2010; Turner, S., Viera Jr., L., Marsh, S. M.
- Using Web-Hosted Surveys to Obtain Responses from Extension Clients: A Cautionary Tale.; 2010; Israel, G. D.
- Mobile Experience Sampling: Reaching the Parts of Facebook Other Methods Cannot Reach; 2010; Abdesslem, F. B., Parris, I., Henderson, T.
- Investigating Data Quality in Cell Phone Surveying; 2010; Lavrakas, P. J., Tompson, T., Benford, R.
- Beyond the Usability Lab: Conducting Large-scale Online User Experience Studies; 2010; Albert, W., Tullis, T., Tedesco, D.
- Walking in Facebook: A Case Study of Unbiased Sampling of OSNs; 2010; Gjoka, M., Kurant, M., Butts, C. T., Markopoulou, A.
- Social Networking Sites: Evaluating and Investigating their use in Academic Research; 2010; Redmond, F.
- Update on the ARF’s Quality Enhancement Process (QeP); 2010; Pettit, R.
- Quality Matters – Now And Especially Tomorrow; 2010; Dedeker, K.
- Measuring selection bias introduced by routing; 2010; Porter, S., de Gaudemar, O., Kimura, M.
- Quantifying the Impact of Survey Design Parameters on Respondent Engagement and Data Quality; 2010; Suresh, N., Conklin, M.
- Using ad hoc measures for response styles: a cautionary note; 2010; de Beuckelaer, A.; Weijters, B.; Rutten, A.
- How Harmful are Survey Translations? A Test with Schwartz's Human Values Instrument; 2010; Davidov, E., de Beuckelaer, A.
- Elastic-R, a Google docs-like portal for data analysis in the Cloud ; 2010; Chine, K.
- Restructuring and innovations on the survey “capacity of collective tourist accommodation”...; 2010; Santoro, M. T., Staffieri, S.
- Managing the knowledge base - the DUVA system, from data entry to output tools; 2010; Then, R., Bangert, D.
- An Analyze of the Zero Price Effect on Online Business Performance - An Research Based on the Mobile...; 2010; Liu, Y., Yuan, P.
- Is there a future for “real” qualitative market research interviewing in the digital age...; 2010; McPhee, N.
- From clipboards to online research communities; 2010; Poynter, R., Cierpicki, S., Lorch, J., Zuo, B., Davis, C., Eddy, C.
- 3 screen measurement: Soccer World Cup 2010; 2010; Conry, S., Benezra, K., Singh, S.
- Can biomarkers be collected in an Internet survey? A pilot study in the LISS panel; 2010; Avendano, M., Mackenbach, J., Scherpenzeel, A.
- Dealing with Nonresponse in Survey Sampling: an Item Response Modeling Approach; 2010; Matei, A.
- Power, sample size, and optimal designs in social research; 2010; Moerbeek, M., van Breukelen, G. J. P.
- Codebook and explanatory note on the WageIndicator dataset ; 2010; Tijdens, K., van Zijl, S., Hughie-Williams, M., van Klaveren, M., Steinmetz, S.
- Modeling non-sampling errors and participation in Web surveys; 2010; Biffignandi, S.
- Perspectives on Web Survey Development: Views from Programmers, Content Specialists, and Survey Methodologists...; 2010; Downey, K.
- Using a Mixed-Mode Design to Survey Ethnic Minorities?; 2010; Feskens, R., Kappelhof, J.
- Blogosphere and Democracy in Portugal–Results of a Websurvey; 2010; Carvalho, T., Casanova, J. L.
- Recent Findings on Using Rich Media in Online Surveys; 2010; Malinoff, B., Henning, J.
- Digital, Social Moms: Using Social Media to Increase Respondent Engagement and Decrease Recruiting Costs...; 2010; Stemberg, C., Rimmer, L., Weinstein, D.
- From Buzz to Biz: Social Media Research for Results; 2010; Pettit, F. A.
- Archiving and Re-using Qualitative and Qualitative Longitudinal Data in Slovenia; 2010; Stebe, J., Hudales, J., Kragelj, B.
- Establishing a Qualitative Data Archive in Austria; 2010; Smioski, A.
- Methodological and Ethical Dilemmas of Archiving Qualitative Data; 2010; Kuula, A.
- Qualitative and Qualitative Longitudinal Resources in Europe; 2010; Bishop, L., Neale, B.
- The Rise of Survey Programming Automation as an Alternative to Outsourcing; 2010; Ahmed, A. S., Guyer, L.
- How is Emerging Technology/Web 2.0 Changing Gathering Consumer Feedback and the Delivery of Data? ; 2010; Price, K., Patel, N.
- Sexy Questions, Dangerous Results? - Exploring the Impact of Rich Media Question Formats in Online Survey...; 2010; Malinoff, B.
- Mobile Research: New Platform, New Thinking ; 2010; Johnson, A. J., Conry, S.
- Managing Quality in Large Multi-Country / Multi-Category / Multi-Modal Studies; 2010; Thompson, J.
- State of Technology in Market Research ; 2010; Coates, D.
- Mobile Research – The future’s in their hands: Exploring the Application of Digital Research...; 2010; Dodgson, S.
- Factorial Design on Survey Router Configuration Effect by Sample Source; 2010; Fawson, B., Johnson, E. P.
- Use of Faces in Surveys; 2010; Burdein, I.