Web Survey Bibliography
The International Handbook of Survey Methodology covers all major methodological and statistical issues in designing and analyzing surveys. With contributions from the world's leading survey methodologists and statisticians, it provides guidance on collecting survey data and creating meaningful results. Featuring examples from a variety of countries, the book reviews such things as how to deal with sample designs, write survey questions, and collect data on the Internet. A thorough review of the procedures associated with multiple modes of collecting sample survey information and applying that combination of methods that fit the situation best is included.
The International Handbook of Survey Methodology opens with the foundations of survey design, ranging from sources of error, to ethical issues. This is followed by a section on design that reviews sampling challenges and tips on writing and testing questions for multiple methods. Part three focuses on data collection, from face-to-face interviews, to Internet and interactive voice response, to special challenges involved in mixing these modes within one survey. Analyzing data from both simple and complex surveys is then explored, as well as procedures for adjusting data. The book concludes with a discussion of maintaining quality.
Intended for advanced students and researchers in the behavioral, social, and health sciences, this "book appeals to those interested in conducting or using survey data from anywhere in the world, especially those interested in comparing results across countries. The book also serves as a state-of-the-art text for graduate level courses and seminars on survey methodology.
Web Survey Bibliography - Hox, J. (26)
- Estimating Measurement Effects of Survey Modes From Between and Within Subject Designs; 2013; Klausch, L. T., Hox, J., Schouten, B.
- Does one really know?: Avoiding noninformative answers in a reliable way.; 2013; de Leeuw, E. D., Boevee, A., Hox, J.
- Assessing the Mode-dependency of Survey Response and Non-response Bias; 2012; Klausch, L. T., Hox, J., Schouten, B.
- Question or Mode Effects in Mixed-Mode surveys: A Cross-cultural study in the Netherlands, Germany,...; 2012; de Leeuw, E. D., Nicolaas, G., Campanelli, P., Hox, J.
- Assessing Measurement Equivalence and Bias of Questions in Mixed-mode Surveys Under Controlled Sample...; 2012; Klausch, L. T., Hox, J., Schouten, B.
- The Representativity of Web Surveys of the General Population compared to Traditional Modes and Mixed...; 2012; Klausch, L. T., Schouten, B., Hox, J.
- Matrix vs. Single Question Formats in Web Surveys: Results from a large scale experiment; 2012; Klausch, L. T., de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J., de Jongh, A., Roberts , A.
- Online-Telephone Mixed-Mode Surveys Question Wording Experiments in The Netherlands and Germany; 2011; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J.
- Flexibility of Web Surveys: Probing 'do-not-know' over the Phone and on the Web; 2011; Hox, J., de Leeuw, E. D.
- Mode Effect or Question Wording? Measurement Error in Mixed Mode Surveys; 2011; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J., Scherpenzeel, A.
- Surveying the General Population: Coverage bias in European Web Surveys; 2011; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J., Mohorko, A.
- Measurement Error in Mixed Mode Surveys: Mode or Question Format?; 2011; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J.
- Internet Surveys as Part of a Mixed-Mode Design; 2010; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J.
- Mode Effect or Question Wording? Source of Measurement Error in Mixed Mode Surveys; 2010; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J., Scherpenzeel, A., Stam, S., Zandvliet, R.
- Emulating Interviewers in an Online Survey: Experimental Manipulation of ‘Do-Not-Know’ Over...; 2010; Hox, J.
- Donations to charity as incentives in online panels; 2009; Goeritz, A.; Hox, J.
- Missing data; 2008; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J.
- International Handbook of Survey Methodology; 2008; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J., Dillman, D. A.
- Mixed-mode Surveys: When and Why; 2008; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J., Dillman, D. A.
- Self-Administered Questionnaires: Mail Survey and Other Applications; 2008; de Leeuw, E. D. Hox, J.
- The influence of advance letters on response in telephone surveys; 2007; de Leeuw, E. D., Callegaro, M., Hox, J., Korendijk, E., Lensvelt-Mulders, G. J.
- Mixed Mode Data Collection Strategies in Surveys; 2006; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J.
- Prevention and Treatment of Item Nonresponse; 2003; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J., Huisman, M.
- From theoretical concepts to survey question; 1997; Hox, J.
- Overcoming the Problems of Special Interviews on Sensitive Topics: Computer Assisted Self-Interviwing...; 1997; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J., Kef, S., van Hattum, M. J. C.
- The effect of computer-assisted interviewing on data quality: A review.; 1995; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J., Snijkers, G.