Web Survey Bibliography
How to handle cell phone numbers has become a major concern in telephone surveying in the US. This roundatble will discuss key issues in coverage, sampling, nonresponse, measurement, and weighting that affect U.S. telephone surveys that reach cell phone numbers, especially surveys meant to sample the general public with an RDD frame. We also will discuss unique legal and ethical issues that come into play when reaching U.S. cell phone numbers, compared to what happens when dialing U.S. landline numbers. In addition, operational considerations (including cost implications) will be included in the discussion. The information presented at the roundtable will include updates from new research and thinking since the publication of the December 2007 special issue of Public Opinion Quarterly on “Cell Phone Numbers and Telephone Surveying in the US.”
Web Survey Bibliography - Joint Statistical Meetings 2008 (14)
- 2006 Canadian Census Internet Mode Effect Study; 2008; Grondin, C., Sun, L.,
- Mode Effects on In-Person and Internet Surveys: A Comparison of the General Social Survey and Knowledge...; 2008; Smith, T. W., Dennis, J. M.
- Cell Phone Survey Sampling and Weighting; 2008; Battaglia, M. P.
- An Analysis of Mode Effects in Three Mixed-Mode Surveys of Veteran and Military Populations; 2008; Rachev, B., Yang, M., Davis, D., Szoc, R.
- Differential Bias Between the Cell Telephone–Only Population and the Landline Population in an...; 2008; Barron, M., Wolter, K., Howes, C., Wooten, K., Khare, M.
- Cell Phone–Only Household in a National MailSurvey: Who Are They?; 2008; Han, D., Cantor, D.
- Statistical Challenges Facing Cell Phone Surveys; 2008; Battaglia, M. P., Frankel, M. R.
- Cell Phone–Only Research at Arbitron: Statistical Analyses; 2008; Griffi, R.
- Mobile Phone Survey Methodology in China; 2008; Sun, X., Bacon-Shone, J.
- Identifying Nonresponse Bias Using a Survey Subset in Follow-Up; 2008; Gordek, H., Lynch, J., Chen, P., Morgan, T.
- Surveying Cell Phone Numbers in the United States; 2008; Lavrakas, P. J.
- Redesigning the American Community Survey (ACS): Computer-Assisted Personal Interview Sample; 2008; Castro, E. C., Hefter, S.
- Using Paradata to Actively Manage Data Collection; 2008; Laflamme, F., Pasture, T., Talon, J., Maydan, M., Miller, A.
- Survey Respondent Incentives: Research and Practice; 2008; Groves, R. M., Harris-Kojetin, L., Kulka, R. A., Mooney, G.