Web Survey Bibliography
Landline random-digit-dialing survey coverage problems due to cell phone– only households have led to a growing number of cellular telephone surveys being conducted to supplement traditional landline random-digit-dialing telephone surveys. We will discuss cell phone sampling frames; landline to cell ported numbers; trade-offs of screening for cell phone–only households versus using a dual-frame sample design that includes households with landlne and cellular telephone service; the two alternative sampling models that have received the most attention—a household level sampling model versus a person level sampling model; and weighting techniques, including how the National Health Interview Survey, Current Population Survey, American Community Survey, and others can be used to develop estimates of the size of the cell phone–only population.
Web Survey Bibliography - Joint Statistical Meetings 2008 (14)
- 2006 Canadian Census Internet Mode Effect Study; 2008; Grondin, C., Sun, L.,
- Mode Effects on In-Person and Internet Surveys: A Comparison of the General Social Survey and Knowledge...; 2008; Smith, T. W., Dennis, J. M.
- Cell Phone Survey Sampling and Weighting; 2008; Battaglia, M. P.
- An Analysis of Mode Effects in Three Mixed-Mode Surveys of Veteran and Military Populations; 2008; Rachev, B., Yang, M., Davis, D., Szoc, R.
- Differential Bias Between the Cell Telephone–Only Population and the Landline Population in an...; 2008; Barron, M., Wolter, K., Howes, C., Wooten, K., Khare, M.
- Cell Phone–Only Household in a National MailSurvey: Who Are They?; 2008; Han, D., Cantor, D.
- Statistical Challenges Facing Cell Phone Surveys; 2008; Battaglia, M. P., Frankel, M. R.
- Cell Phone–Only Research at Arbitron: Statistical Analyses; 2008; Griffi, R.
- Mobile Phone Survey Methodology in China; 2008; Sun, X., Bacon-Shone, J.
- Identifying Nonresponse Bias Using a Survey Subset in Follow-Up; 2008; Gordek, H., Lynch, J., Chen, P., Morgan, T.
- Surveying Cell Phone Numbers in the United States; 2008; Lavrakas, P. J.
- Redesigning the American Community Survey (ACS): Computer-Assisted Personal Interview Sample; 2008; Castro, E. C., Hefter, S.
- Using Paradata to Actively Manage Data Collection; 2008; Laflamme, F., Pasture, T., Talon, J., Maydan, M., Miller, A.
- Survey Respondent Incentives: Research and Practice; 2008; Groves, R. M., Harris-Kojetin, L., Kulka, R. A., Mooney, G.