Web Survey Bibliography
For the first time in 2006, Canadian households had the option of responding to the Census via the Internet. Almost one in five households chose to report their data with this new collection mode. A study was undertaken to check for the presence of an Internet mode effect in the data. Different means were used to assess the presence of a mode effect: non-response rates to each question by response mode were looked at, as well as answers distributions. Among other means, the propensity score method was used to compare answer distributions. This method allowed us to take into account some of the differences in characteristics of Internet reporters and Paper reporters and hence make them more comparable. The findings of the 2006 Census Internet Mode Effect Study are given in this paper.
Web Survey Bibliography - Joint Statistical Meetings 2008 (14)
- 2006 Canadian Census Internet Mode Effect Study; 2008; Grondin, C., Sun, L.,
- Mode Effects on In-Person and Internet Surveys: A Comparison of the General Social Survey and Knowledge...; 2008; Smith, T. W., Dennis, J. M.
- Cell Phone Survey Sampling and Weighting; 2008; Battaglia, M. P.
- An Analysis of Mode Effects in Three Mixed-Mode Surveys of Veteran and Military Populations; 2008; Rachev, B., Yang, M., Davis, D., Szoc, R.
- Differential Bias Between the Cell Telephone–Only Population and the Landline Population in an...; 2008; Barron, M., Wolter, K., Howes, C., Wooten, K., Khare, M.
- Cell Phone–Only Household in a National MailSurvey: Who Are They?; 2008; Han, D., Cantor, D.
- Statistical Challenges Facing Cell Phone Surveys; 2008; Battaglia, M. P., Frankel, M. R.
- Cell Phone–Only Research at Arbitron: Statistical Analyses; 2008; Griffi, R.
- Mobile Phone Survey Methodology in China; 2008; Sun, X., Bacon-Shone, J.
- Identifying Nonresponse Bias Using a Survey Subset in Follow-Up; 2008; Gordek, H., Lynch, J., Chen, P., Morgan, T.
- Surveying Cell Phone Numbers in the United States; 2008; Lavrakas, P. J.
- Redesigning the American Community Survey (ACS): Computer-Assisted Personal Interview Sample; 2008; Castro, E. C., Hefter, S.
- Using Paradata to Actively Manage Data Collection; 2008; Laflamme, F., Pasture, T., Talon, J., Maydan, M., Miller, A.
- Survey Respondent Incentives: Research and Practice; 2008; Groves, R. M., Harris-Kojetin, L., Kulka, R. A., Mooney, G.