Web Survey Bibliography
New data are presented for understanding the problem of ‘professional respondents’ in opt-in Internet survey panels. Estimates of panel overlap, frequency of survey-taking, and characteristics of data collected from such respondents are presented. These data do not suffer from the problems of previous analyses (such as self-reporting and possibly unrepresentative samples of panelists), and suggest alternative approaches for the identification and treatment of such respondents.
Web Survey Bibliography - Rivers, D. (16)
- Using Web Survey Panels to Estimate Population Characteristics: A Comparison of Alternative Approaches...; 2013; Rivers, D.
- The Persistence of Attentiveness in Web Surveys: A Panel Study; 2012; Berinsky, A., Luks, S., Rivers, D.
- Estimating Mode Effects without Bias: A Randomized Experiment to Compare Mode Differences between Face...; 2012; Rivers, D., Vavreck, L.
- Measuring and Stimulating Respondent Attentiveness in Web Surveys.; 2011; Berinsky, A., Luks, S., Rivers, D.
- AAPOR Report on Online Panels; 2010; Rivers, D.
- Improving the Efficiency of Web Survey Experiments; 2008; Luks, S., Rivers, D.
- The “Professional Respondent” Problem in Web Surveys; 2008; Rivers, D.
- Sampling for web surveys; 2007; Rivers, D.
- To Branch or Not to Branch: Item Construction in Web Surveys; 2007; Grosse, A., Luks, S., Rivers, D.
- Understanding people. Sample matching; 2006; Rivers, D.
- Sample matching. Representative sampling from Internet panels; 2006; Rivers, D.
- Advances in Survey Instrumentation: Realizing the Promise of the Internet; 2006; Rivers, D.
- Comparing Major Survey Firms in Terms of Survey Satisficing: Telephone and Internet Data Collection; 2005; Krosnick, J. A., Nie, N., Rivers, D.
- Web Survey Methodologies: A Comparison of Survey Accuracy; 2005; Krosnick, J. A., Nie, N., Rivers, D.
- Pioneer Days: The promise of online polling; 2001; Greenberg, A., Rivers, D.
- Probability-Based Web Surveying: An Overview; 2000; Rivers, D.