Web Survey Bibliography
pdf (831 k)
Conducting market research through mobile phones allows organisations to receive almost instant results. It is an ideal platform for researching a number of marketing and branding issues, including sponsorship, new product development, customer service surveys and advertising effectiveness. It allows companies to get immediate feed back while people are "in the moment" regardless of their location and helps reduce the need for people to rely on recalled experiences and feelings.
Lightspeed Research has is one of the few established market research companies that has already invested significantly in this new methodology, developing a survey platform, mobile panel and research guidelines in 2007 to allow clients to undertake market research directly through people`s mobile phone, either via SMS or WAP. This paper will use real life case studies to identify some of the real benefits that mobile research can bring organisations, as well as discuss some of the considerations when undertaking research with this innovative approach.
David Day, CEO of Lightspeed Research Europe will bring his presentation to life with our own case studies that include a mobile survey conducted during the half time break in the European Champion’s League final in May 2007 year. In this study we received 60% of completed surveys during the 15 minute half time break, and 90% within an hour of sending the survey. The survey help identify people’s awareness of the event sponsors while they were watching the game, whether they were watching at home or in the pub.
The second case study is a survey carried out in three countries on mobile during the Live Earth concerts in the
Web Survey Bibliography - United Kingdom (395)
- Online Research, Game On!; 2013; Puleston, J.
- The ONS Beyond 2011 Programme & possible implications for social surveys; 2013; Morris, L.
- Issues of Coverage and Sampling in Web Surveys for the General Population: An Overview; 2013; Lynn, P.
- How to create online questionnaires: A beginner's guide to survey design for businesses and students...; 2013; Lipscomb, L.
- Questionnaire Design: How to Plan, Structure and Write Survey Material for Effective Market Research...; 2013; Brace, I.
- An Introduction to Using Video for Research; 2012; Jewitt, C.
- Survey Swipe; 2012; Macer, T.
- Screenwise panel: Frequently Asked Questions; 2012
- Redeveloping the research section of Meningitis UK's website — A case study report; 2012; Witt, J., Rowland, K., Wilkinson, C.
- Quality in market research. From theory to practice. 2nd Edition; 2012; Harding, D., Jackson, P.
- Ofcom technology tracker Wave 3; 2012
- Ofcom technology tracker Wave 2; 2012
- Not just playing around; 2012; Ewing, T.
- MRS Guidelines for online reseach; 2012
- Internet access - Households and individuals, 2012 part 2; 2012
- Internet access - Households and individuals, 2012; 2012
- How Should Debriefing Be Undertaken in Web-Based Studies? Findings From a Randomized Controlled Trial...; 2012; McCambridge, J., Kypri, K., Wilson, A.
- Multi-Language Multi-Continent B2B Community Panel: How B2B research can effectively span the world; 2012; Morden, M., Accomando, E.
- Can Survey Gaming Techniques Cross Continents? Examining cross cultural reactions to creative questioning...; 2012; Puleston, J.
- Device Diversity: Understanding the complexity of varied devices for taking surveys – Case study...; 2012; Pearson, C., Backlund, K., Veling, L., Tsvelik, M., Jehoel, S.
- Research Goes Mobile: Findings from initial smartphone application research; 2012; Dubreuil, C., Joubert, S.
- WebSM Study: Survey software features overview ; 2012; Vehovar, V.; Cehovin, G.; Kavcic, L.; Lenar, J.
- Measuring Work Activities and Skill Requirements of Occupations: Experiences from a European Pilot Study...; 2012; Tijdens, K., De Ruijter, E., De Ruijter, J.
- Using Free Online Survey Software in Your Teaching; 2012; Chippindall, J.
- Improving Representativeness In Online Surveys Using A Combined Internet/Postal Approach: Evidence From...; 2012; Atorough, P., Donaldson, B., Harris, A.
- An Initial Look at Non-Response and Attrition in Understanding Society; 2012; Lynn, P., Burton, J., Kaminska, O., Knies, G., Nandi, A.
- Understanding Society Innovation Panel Wave 4: Results from Methodological Experiments; 2012; Burton, J., Budd, S., Gilbert, E., Jaeckle, A., Kaminska, O., Uhrig, S.C. N., Brown, M., Calderwood,...
- The Propensity of Older Respondents to Participate in a General Purpose Survey; 2012; Lynn, P.
- Mode-Switch Protocols: How a Seemingly Small Design Difference can affect Attrition Rates and Attrition...; 2012; Lynn, P.
- Deep Data: Qualitative Approaches to E-Research in the Digital Age; 2012; Salmons, J.
- Going online with a face-to-face household panel: Initial results from an experiment on the UK Household...; 2012; Jaeckle, A., Lynn, P., Burton, J.
- The use of new technologies on the British Birth Cohort Studies; 2012; Calderwood, L.
- Opportunities and Challenges for the Digital Researcher; 2012; Blank, G., Morey, Y.
- Reliable Online Social Network Data Collection; 2012; Abdesslem, F. B., Parris, I., Henderson, T.
- Diasporas on the web: new networks, new methodologies; 2012; Crush, J., Eberhardt, C., Caesar, M., Chikanda, A., Pendleton, W., Hill, A.
- Evidence on the Comparison of Telephone and Internet Surveys for Respondent Recruitment.; 2012; Potoglou, D., Kanaroglou, P. S., Robinson, N.
- Case study: Respondent perspective on survey response; 2012; Jarrett, C.
- The Confirmit Annual Market Research Software Survey 2011; 2012; Macer, T., Wilson, S.
- Using e-surveys to access the views of football fans within online communities; 2012; Gibbons, T., Nuttall, D.
- Coverage error in internet surveys Can fixed phones fix it?; 2012; Vicente, P., Reis, E.
- A Systematic Review of Studies Investigating the Quality of Data Obtained with Online Panels; 2012; Callegaro, M., Villar, A., Krosnick, J. A., Yeager, D. S.
- Recommendations for implementing online surveys and simple experiments in social and behavioural research...; 2012; Hewson, C. M.
- A taxonomy of paradata for web surveys and computer assisted self interviewing (Casi); 2012; Callegaro, M.
- Where gamification came from and why it could be here to stay; 2012; Ewing, T.
- Software Review: SurveySwipe; 2012; Macer, T.
- Gamification 101 - from theory to practice - part II ; 2012; Puleston, J.
- Gamification 101 - from theory to practice - part I ; 2012; Puleston, J.
- Survey methods in an age of austerity: Driving value in survey design; 2012; Williams, J.
- Collecting, Managing, and Assessing Data Using Sample Surveys; 2012; Stopher, P.
- Active-Q: Validation of the Web-Based Physical Activity Questionnaire Using Doubly Labeled Water; 2012; Bonn, S. E., Trolle-Lagerros, Y., Christensen, S. E., Moeller, E., Wright, A., Sjoelander, A., Baelter...