Web Survey Bibliography
pdf (831 k)
Conducting market research through mobile phones allows organisations to receive almost instant results. It is an ideal platform for researching a number of marketing and branding issues, including sponsorship, new product development, customer service surveys and advertising effectiveness. It allows companies to get immediate feed back while people are "in the moment" regardless of their location and helps reduce the need for people to rely on recalled experiences and feelings.
Lightspeed Research has is one of the few established market research companies that has already invested significantly in this new methodology, developing a survey platform, mobile panel and research guidelines in 2007 to allow clients to undertake market research directly through people`s mobile phone, either via SMS or WAP. This paper will use real life case studies to identify some of the real benefits that mobile research can bring organisations, as well as discuss some of the considerations when undertaking research with this innovative approach.
David Day, CEO of Lightspeed Research Europe will bring his presentation to life with our own case studies that include a mobile survey conducted during the half time break in the European Champion’s League final in May 2007 year. In this study we received 60% of completed surveys during the 15 minute half time break, and 90% within an hour of sending the survey. The survey help identify people’s awareness of the event sponsors while they were watching the game, whether they were watching at home or in the pub.
The second case study is a survey carried out in three countries on mobile during the Live Earth concerts in the
Web Survey Bibliography - Other (470)
- Dealing with Nonresponse in Survey Sampling: an Item Response Modeling Approach; 2010; Matei, A.
- Blogosphere and Democracy in Portugal–Results of a Websurvey; 2010; Carvalho, T., Casanova, J. L.
- Establishing a Qualitative Data Archive in Austria; 2010; Smioski, A.
- Web Based Paper Form Verification Using QueXF; 2010; Zammit, A.
- Does Making The Survey Topic More Salient Lead To An Expert Bias? – The Influence of Announcing...; 2010; Keusch, F., Mayerhofer, W., Weilbuchner, N., Jungreithmaier, S.
- Developing and Evaluating a Student Online Panel.; 2010; Stiglbauer, B., Gamsjäger, M., Gnambs, T., Batinic, B., Altrichter, H.
- Online Access Panels: A detailed look at different Ways of Entering, their Costs and Participation Behavior...; 2010; Führer, R., Keusch, F.
- Theoretical model of context-sensitive mobile methods; 2010; Maxl, E.
- Can a professional questionnaire layout make up for a boring topic? The mediating role of topic interest...; 2010; Keusch, F., Mayerhofer, W., Jungreithmaier, S., Weilbuchner, N., Führer, R., Kling, H.
- Using Propensity Score Weighting to Reduce Bias of a Swiss Market Research Web Panel; 2010; Wiegand, G., Jella, H., Beat, H., Stefan, L.
- A short self-report measure of problems with executive function suitable for administration via the...; 2010; Buchanan, T., Heffernan, T. M., Parrott, A. C., Ling, J., Rodgers, J., Scholey, A. B.
- Combining Link-Tracing Sampling and Cluster Sampling to Estimate Totals and Means of Hidden Human Populations...; 2010; Félix-Medina, M. H., Monjardin, P. E.
- Quality in Unimode and Mixed-Mode designs: A Multitrait-Multimethod approach; 2010; Revilla, M.
- Some Notes on the Probability Space of Statistical Surveys; 2010; Petrakos, G.
- The Ethics of Outsourcing Online Survey Research; 2010; Allen, P. J., Roberts, L. D.
- Comparative effectiveness report: online survey tools; 2010; Gottliebson, D., Layton, N., Wilson, E.
- Web survey design and usability; 2010; Karakoyun, F., Kurt, A. A.
- Web panels: Replacement technology for market research; 2010; Goeritz, A.
- Test-retest reliability of a questionnaire for the Korea youth risk behavior web-based survey; 2010; Bae, J., Joung, H., Kwon, K. N., Kim, Y. T., Kim, J. -Y., Park, S. -W.
- Nine issues for Internet-based survey research in service industries ; 2010; Wang, H.-C., Doong, H.-S.
- Color red in web-based knowledge testing; 2010; Gnambs, T., , Batinic, B.Appel, M.
- A comparison of surveys using different modes of data collection; 2010; Revilla, M., Saris, W. E.
- Exploring the feasibility of an online contextualised animation-based questionnaire for educational...; 2010; Chien, Y.-T., Chang, C.-Y.
- Examining the effects of website-induced flow in professional sporting team websites; 2010; O'Cass, A., Carlson, J.
- Research into questionnaire design - A summary of the literature; 2010; Lietz, P.
- Improving sample quality by utilising the multiple contacts approach; 2010; Przewlocka, J.
- Relationship of Metacognitive Monitoring with Interaction in an Asynchronous Online Discussion Forum; 2010; Topcu, A.
- A Research on the Application of Web Survey in Sport; 2010; Chen, Z. X., Pan, D. L., Lu, H. N.
- A Spanish Continuous Volunteer Web Survey: Sample Bias, Weighting and Efficiency; 2010; de Pedraza, P., Tijdens, K., de Bustillo, R., Steinmetz, S.
- College Students' Response Rate to an Incentivized Combination of Postal and Web-Based Health Survey; 2010; Balajti I., Daragó, L., Ádány, R., Kósa, K.
- Improving the response rate and quality in Web-based surveys through the personalization and frequency...; 2010; Muñoz-Leiva, F., Sánchez-Fernández, J., Montoro-Ríos, F. J., Ibáñez-Zapata, J. A.
- What are participants doing while filling in an online questionnaire: A paradata collection tool and...; 2010; Stieger, S., Reips, U. -D.
- An analysis of the effect of pre-incentives and post-incentives based on draws on response to web surveys...; 2010; Sánchez-Fernández, J., Muñoz-Leiva, F., Montoro-Ríos, F. J., Ibáñez-Zapata, J. A.
- MarketTools TrueSample; 2009
- ISO 26362 Access panels in market, opinion, and social research-Vocabulary and service requirements; 2009
- Getting data for (business) statistics: What's new? What's next?; 2009; Snijkers, G.
- Social Network Services as Data Sources and Platforms for e-Researching Social Networks; 2009; Ackland, R.
- Stochastic properties of the Internet sample; 2009; Getka-Wilczynska, E.
- Web based survey: an emerging tool; 2009; Srivenkataramana, T., Saisree, M.
- The impact of gender in e-mailed survey invitations; 2009; Derham, P.
- The Coverage Bias of Mobile Web Surveys Across European Countries ; 2009; Fuchs, M., Busse, B.
- Young people, the Internet and Political Participation: Findings of a web survey in Italy, Spain and...; 2009; Calenda, D., Meijer, A.
- Interactivity in self-administered surveys. Influence on respondents' experience; 2009; Suarez Vazquez, A., Garcia Rodriguez, N., Alvarez, M. B.
- Selecting techniques for use in an internet survey; 2009; B., Han, V., Albaum, G., Thirkell, P.Wiley, J. B.
- Designing Effective Web Survey Forms; 2009; Mitchell, J.
- Metrics for panel contribution: a non probabilistic platform; 2009; Gittelmam, S. H., Trimarchi, E.
- Mode effects in Switzerland: non‐response and measurement error on the European Social Survey; 2009; Roberts, C.
- Reason analysis: an ambitious alternative for mixed‐mode survey design; 2009; Jeøábek, H.
- Response rates in multi actor surveys; 2009; Pasteels, I., Ponnet, K., Mortelmans, D.
- Unit non‐response in panel surveys: empirical finding from an experiment; 2009; Haunberger, S.