Web Survey Bibliography
pdf (831 k)
Conducting market research through mobile phones allows organisations to receive almost instant results. It is an ideal platform for researching a number of marketing and branding issues, including sponsorship, new product development, customer service surveys and advertising effectiveness. It allows companies to get immediate feed back while people are "in the moment" regardless of their location and helps reduce the need for people to rely on recalled experiences and feelings.
Lightspeed Research has is one of the few established market research companies that has already invested significantly in this new methodology, developing a survey platform, mobile panel and research guidelines in 2007 to allow clients to undertake market research directly through people`s mobile phone, either via SMS or WAP. This paper will use real life case studies to identify some of the real benefits that mobile research can bring organisations, as well as discuss some of the considerations when undertaking research with this innovative approach.
David Day, CEO of Lightspeed Research Europe will bring his presentation to life with our own case studies that include a mobile survey conducted during the half time break in the European Champion’s League final in May 2007 year. In this study we received 60% of completed surveys during the 15 minute half time break, and 90% within an hour of sending the survey. The survey help identify people’s awareness of the event sponsors while they were watching the game, whether they were watching at home or in the pub.
The second case study is a survey carried out in three countries on mobile during the Live Earth concerts in the
Web Survey Bibliography - Other (508)
- Assessment of propensity score methods on nonresponse bias adjustment; 2011; Alanya, A., Billiet, J., Matsuo, H.
- Discriminant validity and test–retest reliability of a self-administered Internet-based questionnaire...; 2011; Burnand, B., Cornuz , J., Durieux, P., Taffé, P., Voellinger, R.
- The Global Online Sexuality Survey (GOSS): Erectile Dysfunction Among Arabic-Speaking Internet Users...; 2011; Shaeer, K., Shaeer, O. K. Z.
- Anchoring vignettes: response consistency and order effects; 2011; Kapteyn, A., Smith, J. P., van Soest, A., Vonkova, H.
- Impact of the mode of data collection on the quality of survey questions depending on respondents'...; 2011; Revilla, M.
- A Web Survey Program Based on Computer Technology and Its Application to Evaluation Model about Youth...; 2011; Song, M., Song, Y-G., Yang, T.
- Teens Ask Doctors on the Internet: A One-Year Survey of an Adolescent Health Internet Forum ; 2011; Hardoff, D., Rigler, S.
- Conceptualizing the value of Web content in marketing research; 2011; Chang, J.
- Reliability and validity of self-reported burnout in college students: A cross randomized comparison...; 2011; Bonafé, F. S. S., Campos, J. A. D. B., Jordani, P. C., Lucindo Zucoloto, M., Maroco, J.
- Are Internet surveys an alternative to face-to-face interviews in contingent valuation? ; 2011; Lindhjem, H. Navrud, S,
- Non-response bias in a web-based health behaviour survey of New Zealand tertiary students; 2011; Connor, J., Kypri, K., Langley, J. D., Maclennan, B., Samaranayaka, A.
- Dropout in Web-based studies: Methodology; 2011; Reips, U. -D.
- Reliability and Validity of self-reported Burnout in college students: A cross randomized comparison...; 2011; Bonafé, F. S. S., Campos, J. A. D. B., Jordani, P. C., Lucindo Zucoloto, M., Maroco, J.
- Image effects on online survey respondents; 2011; Marinica, B.
- Are reluctant panelists worth the effort? Analysis of measurement error in a probability-based Internet...; 2011; Allum, N., Roberts, C., Sturgis, P.
- Mixed-mode surveys: Do different modes produce different data? Evidence from the Greek Candidate Survey...; 2011; Andreadis, I.
- The Influence Of The Direction Of Likert-Type Scales In Web Surveys On Response Behavior In Different...; 2011; Keusch, F.
- Which Technologies Do Respondents Use in Online Surveys – An International Comparison?; 2011; Kaczmirek, L., Behr, D., Bandilla, W.
- Can Internet surveys help us understanding allergic disorders? – results from a large survey in...; 2011; Kalogeromitros, D., Psaltopoulou, T., Makris, M., Koti, I., Chliva, C., Stefanadi, E., Hatziagelaki...
- Improving response rates in web surveys with default setting: the effects of default on web survey participation...; 2011; Jin, L.
- Using online surveys in Vietnam An exploratory study; 2011; Vu, P. H., Hoffmann, J.
- E-survey (surveys based on e-mail & web) Analysis and identification of cold responsive proteins in...; 2011; Sodabeh, J.-G., Ferdous, R.-J., Lello, Z., Ghasem, K., Ghasem, H. S., Gholipoori, A., Siroos, M., Sajjad...
- Development of a web-based survey system for evaluating affective satisfaction ; 2011; Cho, Y., , Han, S. H., Kang, S.Park, J.
- E-survey (surveys based on e-mail & web); 2011; Kalantari, D. H., Kalantari, D. E., Maleki, S.
- A Method for Evaluating Mode Effects in Mixed-mode Surveys; 2011; Vannieuwenhuyze, J., Loosveldt, G., Molenberghs, G.
- Handle with Care: The Impact of Using Java Applets in Web-Based Studies on Dropout and Sample Composition...; 2011; Stieger, S., Goeritz, A., Voracek, M.
- An overview of Internet-based surveys in hospitality and tourism journals; 2011; Hung, K., Law, R.
- Advantages and limitations of web-based surveys: evidence from a child mental health survey; 2011; Heiervang, E., Goodman, R.
- Measuring Political Knowledge in Telephone and Web Surveys: A Cross-National Comparison; 2011; Strabac, Z., Aalberg, T.
- Response Rates and Data Quality in Web and Mail Surveys Administered to PhD Holders; 2011; Barrios, M., Villarroya, A., Borrego, A., Olle, C.
- Comparing the quality of data from postal and online questionnaires; 2010; Smith, A. B., King, M. T., Butow, P., Olver, I.
- Maximizing online respondent engagement through a game-way research design; 2010; Swahar, G., Swahar, J.
- Online panel survey, Change and stability of political attitudes; 2010
- Social Networking Sites: Evaluating and Investigating their use in Academic Research; 2010; Redmond, F.
- An Analyze of the Zero Price Effect on Online Business Performance - An Research Based on the Mobile...; 2010; Liu, Y., Yuan, P.
- Dealing with Nonresponse in Survey Sampling: an Item Response Modeling Approach; 2010; Matei, A.
- Blogosphere and Democracy in Portugal–Results of a Websurvey; 2010; Carvalho, T., Casanova, J. L.
- Establishing a Qualitative Data Archive in Austria; 2010; Smioski, A.
- Web Based Paper Form Verification Using QueXF; 2010; Zammit, A.
- Does Making The Survey Topic More Salient Lead To An Expert Bias? – The Influence of Announcing...; 2010; Keusch, F., Mayerhofer, W., Weilbuchner, N., Jungreithmaier, S.
- Developing and Evaluating a Student Online Panel.; 2010; Stiglbauer, B., Gamsjäger, M., Gnambs, T., Batinic, B., Altrichter, H.
- Online Access Panels: A detailed look at different Ways of Entering, their Costs and Participation Behavior...; 2010; Führer, R., Keusch, F.
- Theoretical model of context-sensitive mobile methods; 2010; Maxl, E.
- Can a professional questionnaire layout make up for a boring topic? The mediating role of topic interest...; 2010; Keusch, F., Mayerhofer, W., Jungreithmaier, S., Weilbuchner, N., Führer, R., Kling, H.
- Using Propensity Score Weighting to Reduce Bias of a Swiss Market Research Web Panel; 2010; Wiegand, G., Jella, H., Beat, H., Stefan, L.
- A short self-report measure of problems with executive function suitable for administration via the...; 2010; Buchanan, T., Heffernan, T. M., Parrott, A. C., Ling, J., Rodgers, J., Scholey, A. B.
- Combining Link-Tracing Sampling and Cluster Sampling to Estimate Totals and Means of Hidden Human Populations...; 2010; Félix-Medina, M. H., Monjardin, P. E.
- Quality in Unimode and Mixed-Mode designs: A Multitrait-Multimethod approach; 2010; Revilla, M.
- Some Notes on the Probability Space of Statistical Surveys; 2010; Petrakos, G.
- The Ethics of Outsourcing Online Survey Research; 2010; Allen, P. J., Roberts, L. D.