Web Survey Bibliography
The speed, immediacy and mobility of this methodology combined with decreasing usage cost and extremely high ownership, makes research using mobile phones an increasingly important technique in the market researcher`s toolkit. Ipsos MORI was a very early adopter in the experimentation of mobile research and now conducts mobile surveys on a regular basis. As mobile research becomes a standard offering, it is essential that we understand how we can design techniques that best interact with the survey participant. Much work has been done to investigate participant engagement for online surveys but there is currently a lack of understanding of the mobile platform. Engaged respondents are less likely to drop-out of surveys and become more loyal survey participants in the future.
Ipsos MORI has been working with our mobile phone technology partner, The Third Degree, to understand how mobile phone surveys can be designed to increase participant engagement. When embarking on this work we considered:
Do many of the same engagement factors of online surveys translate to the mobile research world or do we need a new set of rules?
How does the relationship people have with their mobile phones affect survey engagement?
Does survey engagement depend on the mobile device or type of contract (pay-as-you-go versus contract)?
A series of experiments were run across split samples of mobile phone users to test out various engagement hypotheses. This paper provides insight into the findings of these experiments and recommends a number of ways to improve engagement in mobile surveys. The experiments look at both SMS and WAP interviewing across various demographic groups.
Web Survey Bibliography - United Kingdom (395)
- Online Research, Game On!; 2013; Puleston, J.
- The ONS Beyond 2011 Programme & possible implications for social surveys; 2013; Morris, L.
- Issues of Coverage and Sampling in Web Surveys for the General Population: An Overview; 2013; Lynn, P.
- How to create online questionnaires: A beginner's guide to survey design for businesses and students...; 2013; Lipscomb, L.
- Questionnaire Design: How to Plan, Structure and Write Survey Material for Effective Market Research...; 2013; Brace, I.
- An Introduction to Using Video for Research; 2012; Jewitt, C.
- Survey Swipe; 2012; Macer, T.
- Screenwise panel: Frequently Asked Questions; 2012
- Redeveloping the research section of Meningitis UK's website — A case study report; 2012; Witt, J., Rowland, K., Wilkinson, C.
- Quality in market research. From theory to practice. 2nd Edition; 2012; Harding, D., Jackson, P.
- Ofcom technology tracker Wave 3; 2012
- Ofcom technology tracker Wave 2; 2012
- Not just playing around; 2012; Ewing, T.
- MRS Guidelines for online reseach; 2012
- Internet access - Households and individuals, 2012 part 2; 2012
- Internet access - Households and individuals, 2012; 2012
- How Should Debriefing Be Undertaken in Web-Based Studies? Findings From a Randomized Controlled Trial...; 2012; McCambridge, J., Kypri, K., Wilson, A.
- Multi-Language Multi-Continent B2B Community Panel: How B2B research can effectively span the world; 2012; Morden, M., Accomando, E.
- Can Survey Gaming Techniques Cross Continents? Examining cross cultural reactions to creative questioning...; 2012; Puleston, J.
- Device Diversity: Understanding the complexity of varied devices for taking surveys – Case study...; 2012; Pearson, C., Backlund, K., Veling, L., Tsvelik, M., Jehoel, S.
- Research Goes Mobile: Findings from initial smartphone application research; 2012; Dubreuil, C., Joubert, S.
- WebSM Study: Survey software features overview ; 2012; Vehovar, V.; Cehovin, G.; Kavcic, L.; Lenar, J.
- Measuring Work Activities and Skill Requirements of Occupations: Experiences from a European Pilot Study...; 2012; Tijdens, K., De Ruijter, E., De Ruijter, J.
- Using Free Online Survey Software in Your Teaching; 2012; Chippindall, J.
- Improving Representativeness In Online Surveys Using A Combined Internet/Postal Approach: Evidence From...; 2012; Atorough, P., Donaldson, B., Harris, A.
- An Initial Look at Non-Response and Attrition in Understanding Society; 2012; Lynn, P., Burton, J., Kaminska, O., Knies, G., Nandi, A.
- Understanding Society Innovation Panel Wave 4: Results from Methodological Experiments; 2012; Burton, J., Budd, S., Gilbert, E., Jaeckle, A., Kaminska, O., Uhrig, S.C. N., Brown, M., Calderwood,...
- The Propensity of Older Respondents to Participate in a General Purpose Survey; 2012; Lynn, P.
- Mode-Switch Protocols: How a Seemingly Small Design Difference can affect Attrition Rates and Attrition...; 2012; Lynn, P.
- Deep Data: Qualitative Approaches to E-Research in the Digital Age; 2012; Salmons, J.
- Going online with a face-to-face household panel: Initial results from an experiment on the UK Household...; 2012; Jaeckle, A., Lynn, P., Burton, J.
- The use of new technologies on the British Birth Cohort Studies; 2012; Calderwood, L.
- Opportunities and Challenges for the Digital Researcher; 2012; Blank, G., Morey, Y.
- Reliable Online Social Network Data Collection; 2012; Abdesslem, F. B., Parris, I., Henderson, T.
- Diasporas on the web: new networks, new methodologies; 2012; Crush, J., Eberhardt, C., Caesar, M., Chikanda, A., Pendleton, W., Hill, A.
- Evidence on the Comparison of Telephone and Internet Surveys for Respondent Recruitment.; 2012; Potoglou, D., Kanaroglou, P. S., Robinson, N.
- Case study: Respondent perspective on survey response; 2012; Jarrett, C.
- The Confirmit Annual Market Research Software Survey 2011; 2012; Macer, T., Wilson, S.
- Using e-surveys to access the views of football fans within online communities; 2012; Gibbons, T., Nuttall, D.
- Coverage error in internet surveys Can fixed phones fix it?; 2012; Vicente, P., Reis, E.
- A Systematic Review of Studies Investigating the Quality of Data Obtained with Online Panels; 2012; Callegaro, M., Villar, A., Krosnick, J. A., Yeager, D. S.
- Recommendations for implementing online surveys and simple experiments in social and behavioural research...; 2012; Hewson, C. M.
- A taxonomy of paradata for web surveys and computer assisted self interviewing (Casi); 2012; Callegaro, M.
- Where gamification came from and why it could be here to stay; 2012; Ewing, T.
- Software Review: SurveySwipe; 2012; Macer, T.
- Gamification 101 - from theory to practice - part II ; 2012; Puleston, J.
- Gamification 101 - from theory to practice - part I ; 2012; Puleston, J.
- Survey methods in an age of austerity: Driving value in survey design; 2012; Williams, J.
- Collecting, Managing, and Assessing Data Using Sample Surveys; 2012; Stopher, P.
- Active-Q: Validation of the Web-Based Physical Activity Questionnaire Using Doubly Labeled Water; 2012; Bonn, S. E., Trolle-Lagerros, Y., Christensen, S. E., Moeller, E., Wright, A., Sjoelander, A., Baelter...