Web Survey Bibliography
Applied Survey Methods provides a comprehensive outline of the complete survey process, from design to publication. Filling a gap in the current literature, this one-of-a-kind book describes both the theory and practical applications of survey research with an emphasis on the statistical aspects of survey methods.
The book begins with a brief historic overview of survey research methods followed by a discussion that details the needed first steps for carrying out a survey, including the definition of a target population, the selection of a sampling frame, and the outline of a questionnaire with several examples that include common errors to avoid in the wording of questions. Throughout the book, the author provides an accessible discussion on the methodological problems that are associated with the survey process, outlining real data and examples while also providing insight on the future of survey research. Chapter coverage explores the various aspects of the survey process and the accompanying numerical techniques, including:
- Simple and composite sampling designs
- Data collection and editing
- The quality of results
- The non-response problem
- Weighting adjustments and methods
- Disclosure control
The final chapter addresses the growing popularity of Web surveys, and the associated methodological problems are discussed, including solutions to common pitfalls. Exercises are provided throughout with selected answers included at the end of the book, while a related Web site features additional solutions to exercises and a downloadable demo version of the Blaise system of computer-assisted interviewing. Access to the freely available SimSam software is also available on the related Web site and provides readers with the tools needed to simulate samples from finite populations as well as visualize the effects of sample size, non-response, and the use of different estimation procedures.
Applied Survey Methods is an excellent book for courses on survey research and non-response in surveys at the upper-undergraduate and graduate levels. It is also a useful reference for practicing statisticians and survey methodologists who work in both government and private research sectors.
Web Survey Bibliography - Book (157)
- The Handbook of Questionnaire Design; 2013; Krosnick, J. A., Fabrigar, L. R.
- Online Fundraising Essentials, Second Edition; 2013; Stevenson, S. C.
- Practical tools for designing and weighting survey samples; 2013; Valliant, R. L., Daver, J. A., Kreuter, F.
- Designing and conducting business surveys; 2013; Snijkers, G.,Araldsen, G., , Willimack, D. K.Jones, J.
- Understanding and Applying Research Design; 2013; Abbott, M. L., McKinney, J.
- The Science of Web Surveys; 2013; Tourangeau, R., Conrad, F. G., Couper, M. P.
- How to create online questionnaires: A beginner's guide to survey design for businesses and students...; 2013; Lipscomb, L.
- Survey of Cloud Computing; 2013; Furht, B.
- Using multivariate statistics, 6th Edition; 2012; Tabachnick, B. G., Fidell, L. S.
- The practice of social research; 2012; Babbie, E. R.
- Quality in market research. From theory to practice. 2nd Edition; 2012; Harding, D., Jackson, P.
- Mobile usability; 2012; Nielsen, J., Budiu, R.
- Guide to social science data preparation. Best practice throughout the data life cycle; 2012
- Best practices in data cleaning: A complete guide to everything you need to do before and after collecting...; 2012; Osborne, J. W.
- Survey Data Collection and Integration; 2012; Davino, C., Fabbris, L.
- Detecting Satisficing In Online Surveys: What we found ; 2012; Salifu, S.
- Conducting Online Surveys; 2012; Sue, V. M., Ritter, L. A.
- Flash Programming for the Social & Behavioral Sciences: A Simple Guide to Sophisticated Online Surveys...; 2012; Weinstein, Y.
- When to Use What Research Design ; 2012; Vogt, W. P., Gardner, D. C., Haeffele, L. M.
- Assessing the Quality of Survey Data ; 2012; Blasius, J.
- Collecting, Managing, and Assessing Data Using Sample Surveys; 2012; Stopher, P.
- Designing and Doing Survey Research; 2012; Andres, L.
- Handbook of Web Surveys; 2012; Bethlehem, J. Biffignandi, S.
- Voice-of-the-customer marketing: A revolutionary 5-step process to create customers who care, spend,...; 2011; Roman, E.
- Taking the pulse of public opinion: Leading and misleading indicators of the state of the nation; 2011; Bishop, G. F., Mockabee, S. T.
- Randomized response models in survey sampling. Randomized response models; 2011; Hussain, Z.
- Question evaluation methods. Contributing to the science of data quality; 2011; Madans, J., Miller, K., Maitland, A., Willis, G. B.
- Online survey research: Findings, best practices, and future research. Report prepared for the Advertising...; 2011; Vannette, D.
- Mass informed consent: Evidence on upgrading democracy with polls and new media; 2011; Simon, A. F.
- Latent class analysis of survey error; 2011; Biemer, P. P.
- Handbook of statistical data editing and imputation; 2011; Waal, T., Pannekoek, J.; Scholtus, S.
- Handbook of parametric and nonparametric statistical procedures, 5th Edition; 2011; Sheskin, D. J.
- Focus Group Methodology: Principle and Practice; 2011; Liamputtong, P.
- Exploring the digital nation. Computer and Internet use at home; 2011
- Ethical issues in Internet research; 2011; Hoerger, M., Currell, C.
- Essential methods for design based sample surveys; 2011; Pfeffermann, D., Rao, C. R.
- Audience evolution: New technologies and the transformation of media audiences; 2011; Napoli, P. M.
- American public opinion: Its origins, content, and impact (8th Edition); 2011; Erikson, R. S., Tedin, K. L.
- A theory of public opinion. A reprint of a classic book with a new introduction by H. Lee Cheek, Jr.; 2011; Wilson, F.
- Respondent collaboration in web survey design: developing a unique strategy for pre-testing questions...; 2011; Young, B. P.
- Introduction to behavioral research methods (6th ed.); 2011; Leary, M. R.
- Handbook of Nonresponse in Household Surveys ; 2011; Bethlehem, J., Cobben, F., Schouten, B.
- Investigating Change: Web-based Analyses of US Census and American Community Survey Data; 2011; Frey, W. H.
- The Gallup Poll: Public opinion 2009; 2010; Gallup, A. M.
- Surveying cultures: Discovering shared conceptions and sentiments; 2010; Heise, D. R.
- Sampling: design and analysis, 2nd Edition; 2010; Lohr, S. L.
- Randomized response and indirect questioning techniques in surveys; 2010; Chaudhuri, A.
- Measures of interobserver agreement and reliability; 2010; Shoukri, M. M.
- Exploring the digital nation. Home broadband internet adoption in the United States; 2010
- Envisioning the 2020 Census; 2010; Brown, L. D. et al.