Web Survey Bibliography
In the world of online panel research where possibly a small respondent universe is surveyed again and again , it is crucial to be sensitive to respondent burden. Many online panel research companies routinely over-burden respondents with lengthy surveys, survey questions, screeners, and possibly too many surveys in a week.  Under these circumstances, how much can we realistically expect respondents to do? More generally, how much will any respondent do when the question instructs them to go do something beyond just conveniently answering the question on the screen? Will a seemingly inconvenient request get you the behavior you expect? The following experiment sheds some light on whether respondents may or may not be willing to go the extra mile and do a requested task.
Homepage (abstract)/(full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - Wells, T. (14)
- Comparison of Smartphone and Online Computer Survey Administration; 2013; Wells, T., Bailey, J., Link, M. W.
- Filling the Void: Gaining a Better Understanding of Tablet-based Surveys; 2013; Wells, T., Bailey, J., Link, M. W.
- Comparing Tablet, Computer, and Smartphone Survey Administrations; 2013; Wells, T., Bailey, J., Link, M. W.
- Surveywalls: A Breakthrough for Survey Customers or DIY Run Amok?; 2013; Wells, T., Dean, E., Rao, K., Murphy, J., Roe, D. J.
- A Direct Comparison of Mobile Versus Online Survey Modes; 2012; Wells, T., Bailey, J., Link, M. W.
- Catch Them When You Can: Speeders and Their Role in Online Data Quality; 2011; Gutierrez, C., Wells, T., Rao, K., Kurzynski, D.
- How the Order of Response Options in a Running Tally Can Affect Online Survey Estimates.; 2011; Callegaro, M., DiSogra, C., Wells, T.
- Representing Seniors in an Online National Probability Panel Survey: Measuring Technology Attitudes...; 2010; Peugh, J., Mansfield, W., Wells, T., Semans, K.
- Differences in Length of Survey Administration between Spanish-Language and English- Language Survey...; 2010; Wells, T., Vidalon, M., DiSogra, C.
- The Challenge and Importance of Including Spanish- Dominant Latinos in Online Panel Studies Addressing...; 2009; DiSogra, C., Wells, T., Torres, J.
- The Challenge and Importance of Including Spanish-Dominant Latinos in an Online Panel; 2009; Dennis, J. M., Wells, T., Torres, J.
- Is the digital divide still closing? New evidence points to skewed online results absent non-Internet...; 2008; Callegaro, M., Wells, T.
- Effects of Pre-coding Response Options for Five Point Satisfaction Scale in Web Surveys; 2008; Callegaro, M., Wells, T., Kruse, Y.
- Do online respondents go the extra mile and take on inconvenient tasks?; 2008; Callegaro, M., Wells, T.