Web Survey Bibliography
Title Creating a course-based web site in a university environment
Author Robin, B. R., McNeil, S. G.
Source Computers & Geosciences, 23, 5, pp. 563-572
Access date 26.05.2004
Abstract The delivery of educational materials is undergoing a remarkable change from the traditional lecture method to dissemination of courses via the World Wide Web. This paradigm shift from a paper-based structure to an electronic one has profound implications for university faculty. Students are enrolling in classes with the expectation of using technology and logging on to the Internet, and professors are realizing that the potential of the Web can have a significant impact on classroom activities. An effective method of integrating electronic technologies into teaching and learning is to publish classroom materials on the World Wide Web. Already, many faculty members are creating their own home pages and Web sites for courses that include syllabi, handouts, and student work. Additionally, educators are finding value in adding hypertext links to a wide variety of related Web resources from online research and electronic journals to government and commercial sites. A number of issues must be considered when developing course-based Web sites. These include meeting the needs of a target audience, designing effective instructional materials, and integrating graphics and other multimedia components. There are also numerous technical issues that must be addressed in developing, uploading and maintaining HTML documents. This article presents a model for a university faculty who want to begin using the Web in their teaching and is based on the experiences of two College of Education professors who are using the Web as an integral part of their graduate courses.
Access/Direct link ScienceDirect (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication1997
Web Survey Bibliography (6797)
- Web Surve's Hidden Hazards; 2003; Morrel Samuels, P.
- Web-based surveys for corporate information gathering: A bias-reducing design framework; 2003; Burkey, W., Kuechler, W. L.
- The impact of contact type on web survey response rates; 2003; Whitcomb, M. E., R. R.Porter, S. R.
- Using pencil and paper, Internet and touch-tone phones for self-administered surveys: does methodology...; 2003; Knapp, H., Kirk, S. A.
- Effect of Single Versus Multiple Questions per Page on Data Quality In Web-Based Surveys; 2003; Peytchev, A.
- Wireless Surveys: A New Paradigm in Survey Research; 2003; Nagarajarao, K.
- Comparing Internet "River", Internet "Panel" and RDD CATI sampling: Do differences affect data?; 2003; Taylor, E.
- Nothing But Net: A Survey of Online Buying Among Sports Enthusiasts; 2003; Kraneburg, K. J., Johnson, T. J., Kaye, B. K.
- A Content Analysis of the Online Polls of Local Press and Measure of Framing Effect: Based on Consensus...; 2003; Hong, J.
- Data Collection Mode Effects Controlling for Sample Origins in a Panel Survey: Telephone versus Internet...; 2003; Chatt, C., Dennis, J. M., Li, R. J., Motta-Stanko A., Pulliam, P.
- Is the Digital Divide Really Closing? A Critique of Inequality Measurement in A Nation Online; 2003; Martin, S. P.
- Improving Web Page Revisitation: Analysis, Design and Evaluation; 2003; Cockburn, A., Greenberg, S., Jones, S., McKenzie, B., Moyle, M.
- Mass Media, Leisure And Home IT: A Panel Time-Diary Approach; 2003; Gershuny, J.
- IMRO Online Survey Satisfaction Research: A Pilot Study of Salience-based Respondent Experience Modeling...; 2003; MacElroy, B., Gray, M.
- Combining Perceptual and Behavioral Data for Reporting Overall Web Site Performance; 2003; MacElroy, B.
- Use of E-Mail And Internet Surveys By Research Companies; 2003; Totten, J. W.
- Validations in Web-based Surveys; 2003; Crawford, S. D., Peytchev, A.
- Use and non-use of clarification features in web surveys; 2003; Tourangeau, R., Baker, R. P., Couper, M. P., Conrad, F. G.
- Web Experiment: Examining the Effect of Error Prompting on Item Nonresponse and Survey Nonresponse; 2003; Mooney, G., Rogers, B., Trunzo, D.
- Mode Effects in Web-enabled, Telephone and Face-to-Face Foreign Policy Surveys; 2003; Kull, S., Wolford, M. L.
- Differences in Mode of Questionnaire Administration: Self-Administered Web vs. CATI/CAPI; 2003; Carley-Baxter, L. R.
- The Effect of Data Collection Modality on Students’ Foreign Language Survey; 2003; Shieh, Y. Y.
- How web surveys differ from other kinds of user interfaces; 2003; Ehlen, P., Schober, M. F., Conrad, F. G.
- Differences in the Political Attitudes and Behavior of Cell and Land Line Telephone Users; 2003; Traugott, M. W., Joo, S. H.
- Surveys Using Cellular Telephones: A Feasibility Study; 2003; Steeh, C. G.
- Online versus postal data collection methods: an examination of issues and a comparison of results; 2003; Adam, S., McDonald, H.
- A comparison of online and postal data collection methods in marketing research; 2003; Adam, S., McDonald, H.
- College Student Responses to Web and Paper Surveys: Does Mode Matter?; 2003; Hayek, J. C., Ouimet, J. A., Carini, R. M., Kennedy, J. M., Kuh, G. D.
- Preferences and social contacts in an online community; 2003; Adamic, L. A.
- Internet and non-internet sub-networks of intensive Internet users; 2003; Hlebec, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- New Social Survey Perspectives on the Digital Divide; 2003; Robinson, J. P., DiMaggio, P., Hargittai, E.
- An expanding digital divide? Panel dynamics in the general social survey; 2003; Neustadtl, A., Robinson, J. P.
- eTailQ: dimensionalizing, measuring and predicting etail quality; 2003; Wolfinbarger, M., Gilly, M.C.
- Assessing Response Rates And Nonresponse Bias In Web And Paper Surveys; 2003; Sax, L. J., Gilmartin, S. K., Bryant, A. N.
- Go With the Flow: Cognitive Testing of a Multi-mode, Multi-Agency Survey about Drinking Water; 2003; Wilson, B. F., Kamimoto, L. A., Whitaker, K. R., Williams, M., Dockins, C., Kim, H., Posnick, L. M.,...
- Asking Comparative Questions: A Comparison Of Three Wording Strategies; 2003; Liu, K.
- Comparing Propensity Score Weighting with Other Weighting Methods: A Case Study; 2003; Forsman, G., Varedian, M.
- It’s Only Incidental: Effects of Response Format in Determining Behavioral or Event Occurrence; 2003; Lafond, C.R., Smith, M. R., Behnke, C. S., Thomas, R. K.
- Evaluating Unit nonresponse Rates in Web Surveys - A Meta Study; 2003; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Koren, G., Dolničar, V.
- Achieving high response rates on web-based surveys of post-secondary students; 2003; Nichols, L.B., Ghadialy, R.
- The Effects of Cash, Electronic, and Paper Gift Certificates as Respondent Incentives for a Web-Based...; 2003; Birnholtz, J. P., Horn, D. B., Finholt, T. A., Bae, S. J.
- Developing a Strategy for Sampling U.S. Mobile Phone Users Based on European Models; 2003; Buskirk, T. D., Callegaro, M.
- Comparing Internet “River,” Internet; 2003; Feld, K. G.
- A Comparison between Using the Web and Using the Telephone to Survey Political Opinions; 2003; Forsman, G., Isaksson, A.
- Design implementation of a Multimode Web Survey; 2003; Wine, S.J., Cominole, M.B., Carwile, D.S., Perry, K.
- Partnering with a Newspaper to Assess Community Opinion Online; 2003; Downs, E.P., Lindley, A.M.
- Implementing a Web Survey Administration System at the GAO; 2003; Feldesman, A.G.
- Cognitive Processes in Web Surveys; 2003; Fuchs, M.
- Using Internet-Based Surveys With Physicians, What Works and What Doesn't Work; 2003; Schneiderman, M., Thran, S., Adams, C., Lerner, B.
- Exploring Online Survey Metodologies: Who are the Respondents and How to Get them to respond; 2003; Wolter-Warmerdam, K., Gardinali, A.P., Wong, R.