Web Survey Bibliography
Title Creating a course-based web site in a university environment
Author Robin, B. R., McNeil, S. G.
Source Computers & Geosciences, 23, 5, pp. 563-572
Access date 26.05.2004
Abstract The delivery of educational materials is undergoing a remarkable change from the traditional lecture method to dissemination of courses via the World Wide Web. This paradigm shift from a paper-based structure to an electronic one has profound implications for university faculty. Students are enrolling in classes with the expectation of using technology and logging on to the Internet, and professors are realizing that the potential of the Web can have a significant impact on classroom activities. An effective method of integrating electronic technologies into teaching and learning is to publish classroom materials on the World Wide Web. Already, many faculty members are creating their own home pages and Web sites for courses that include syllabi, handouts, and student work. Additionally, educators are finding value in adding hypertext links to a wide variety of related Web resources from online research and electronic journals to government and commercial sites. A number of issues must be considered when developing course-based Web sites. These include meeting the needs of a target audience, designing effective instructional materials, and integrating graphics and other multimedia components. There are also numerous technical issues that must be addressed in developing, uploading and maintaining HTML documents. This article presents a model for a university faculty who want to begin using the Web in their teaching and is based on the experiences of two College of Education professors who are using the Web as an integral part of their graduate courses.
Access/Direct link ScienceDirect (full text)
Year of publication1997
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography (6374)
- Psychometric properties of online self-report memory questionnaires: The EMQ and PMQ; 2002; Buchanan, T., Ali, T., Heffernan, T. M., Ling, J., Parrott, A. C., Rodgers, J., Scholey, A. B.
- Examining Item Non-Response in a Mixed Mode Customer Satisfaction Study; 2002; Burr, M. A., Famolaro, T., Levin, K.
- Computer-assisted longitudinal surveys; 2002; Capiluppi, C.
- Web Survey Nonresponse Among Military Members; 2002; Caplan, J. R.
- Empirically Quantifying Unit-Nonresponse-Errors in Online-Surveys and Suggestions for Computational...; 2002; Lukawetz, G.
- An Experiment on Computer-assisted Questionnaire Design for University Didactics Quality Measurement; 2002; Fabbris, L.
- Comparing Self-administered Computer Surveys and Auditory Interviews: An Experiment; 2002; Chang, L. C., Krosnick, J. A.
- Mail and Web Surveys: A Cost and Response Rate Comparison in a Study on Students Housing Conditions; 2002; Forsman, G., Varedian, M.
- Paper and Pencil versus Web Survey. Measurement Effects and Mode Differences; 2002; Fuchs, M.
- An evaluation of the effect of response formats on data quality in Web surveys; 2002; Heerwegh, D., Loosveldt, G.
- Improving Unit-Nonresponse Error Correction in Online Surveys Using Multi-Dimensional Response Models...; 2002; Lukawetz, G.
- Toward a Typology of Internet Users and Online Privacy Concerns; 2002; Sheehan, K. B.
- Internet surveys: the role of time in firms response behaviour; 2002; Biffignandi, S., Pratesi, M.
- Usability Testing of Web Data Collection Instruments; 2002; Thalji, L., Antunes, M. J., Wiebe, E. F.
- Nonresponse Error and Mode Effects in the Web-Enabled Survey on Civic Attitudes and Behaviors after...; 2002; Thalji, L., Langer, M., Pulliam, P., Wiebe, E. F.
- Internet Surveys and Data Quality - A Review; 2002; Tuten, T. L., Urban, D.J., Bosnjak, M.
- Forms of Research in MUDs; 2002; Utz, S.
- Not Sure About "Don't Know"?: Effects of Response Choice in Mixed Mode Surveys; 2002; Terhanian, G., Thomas, R. K., Bremer, J., Smith, R.
- More Is Not Necessarily Better: Effects of Response Categories on Measurement Stability and Validity; 2002; Thomas, R. K., Uldall, B. R., Krosnick, J. A.
- A Web-based Experiment to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Vaccine Information Sheets; 2002; Turner, A., Thalji, L., Wagers, R., Laird, G., Heaps, W.
- Reliability and Validity of Web-based Surveys: Effects of Response Modality, Item Format, and Number...; 2002; Uldall, B. R., Thomas, R. K., Krosnick, J. A.
- Mode Effect in Web Surveys; 2002; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Reasons for unit and partial nonresponse in Web surveys; 2002; Vehovar, V., Koren, G., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Nonresponse in Web Surveys; 2002; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Zaletel, M., Batagelj, Z.
- Web-Surveys - An Appropriate Mode of Data-Collection for the Social Sciences?; 2002; Bandilla, W.
- Generalizability Issues in Internet-Based Survey Research: Implications for the Internet Addiction Controversy...; 2002; Bremer, J.
- Online Panels; 2002; Reinhold, N., Batinic, B., Goeritz, A.
- Personality Assessment via Internet: Comparing Online and Paper-and-Pencil Questionnaires; 2002; Hertel, G., Naumann, S., Konradt, U., Batinic, B.
- Context Effects in Web-Surveys; 2002; Reips, U. -D.
- Theory and techniques of conducting Web experiments; 2002; Reips, U. -D.
- Privacy Perceptions and Online Practices; 2002; Viseu, A., Clement, A., Aspinall, J.
- Are refusing particpants different or what influence do have forced-choice-items on drop-out?; 2002; Voracek, M., Ponocny, I., Stieger, S.
- Online- and Touchscreensurveys: on Some Similarities of Computer-based Forms of Data Collection; 2002; Weichbold, M., Griessner, E. M.
- The Networked Nature of Community Online and Offline; 2002; Wellman, B., Boase, J., Chen, W.
- The Influence of Words, Symbols, Numbers, and Graphics on Answers to Self-Administered Questionnaires...; 2002; Dillman, D. A., Christian, L. M.
- Online Research Methodology: Reflections and Speculations; 2002; Sheehan, K. B.
- Characteristics of Respondents to a Web Survey of the General Public; 2002; Tarnai, J., Thom, A.
- Web-based Survey versus Conventional Survey. The Malaysian Experience in Conducting the Internet Subscriber...; 2002; Asha, R. P.
- Beyond Usability: Using the ''Webpage Interview'' to Explore Literary Practices; 2002; Attar, D.
- Internet Surveys: How Can they Contribute to Improve Traditional Survey Data and Administrative Databases...; 2002; Biffignandi, S., Pratesi, M.
- Web Fragmentation: A Network Analysis Approach; 2002; Koren, G., Kovacic, M., Batagelj, Z.
- Alternative Approaches to Measure Web Site Audiences; 2002; Robinsak, M., Batagelj, Z.
- Collaborative Approach to Web Access Analysis; 2002; Grobelnik, M., Mladenic, D.
- The implementation of an electronic survey tool to help determine the information needs of a knowledge...; 2002; Foo, S., Hepworth, M.
- Interpreting the new online advertising effectiveness measures. How new online brand effectiveness measures...; 2002; Hughes, G.
- Cross-media measurement. The new medium necessitates a new approach to an old problem; 2002; Briggs, R.
- Internet inclusive multi-media reach/frequency and optimization. Theories and techniques for an evolving...; 2002; Collins, J. H., Mallett, D. T.
- Forecasting reach, frequency and GRPs on the Internet; 2002; Chandler -Pepelnjak, J.
- The reach and frequency approach to advertising planning on the Internet; 2002; Coffey, S., Mazumdar, M.
- Online research alternatives. Choices, choices, but which one is best for me?; 2002; Klein, C., Lonnie, K.