Web Survey Bibliography
The objective of the virk.dk project at Statistics Denmark is to develop electronic web questionnaires to replace paper and pencil questionnaires in data collection for business statistics. In the present phase of the project we introduce web based selfcompletion questionnaires as an alternative to the existing paper and pencil questionnaires. And for some time to come, the new electronic mode of data collection will exist alongside the paper mode. Thus respondents will be allowed to choose between the two modes.
The quest for valid data, high response rates and minimal response burden calls for task facilitating e-functionalities and design which is optimised to the mode of actual use. But the quest for reliable data across modes calls for maximum equivalence and similarity between the electronic and paper mode.
We will present and discus examples, findings and guidelines from the virk.dk project with regard to striking a balance between accomplishing user friendliness in electronic questionnaires and minimising mode effects in the mixed mode data collection.
Electronic questionnaires offer new dynamic and user-friendly functionalities, which may assist respondents in completing tasks and thus improve data quality. Dynamic functionalities, such as auto calculation, routing and concurrent data validation, are commonly used in other kinds of electronic forms. Thus respondents may expect them in electronic questionnaires. And this expectation may imply a decrease in respondents own focus and effort with regard to routing, calculation and internal consistency when completing electronic questionnaires.
Web Survey Bibliography - Standards, codes (445)
- Mixed Modes and Measurement Error: Comparing face-to-face, telephone and web modes ; 2009; Hope, S., Nicolaas, G., Jäckle, A., Lynn, P., Nandi, A., Campanelli, P.
- Web based survey methods workshop; 2009; Weiss, M.
- Avoiding the ‘Hang ups’ - Understanding Mobile Phone Self-completion Surveys ; 2009; Johnson, A. J.
- Leading Respondents from Social Networks to Surveys; 2009; Chadwick, S.
- Where We Are and Where We Might Be Going; 2009; Macer, T., Molloy, P.
- Engaging the Respondent; 2009; Drolet, J., Townsend, L.
- Scientific Survey Research: Sustainable in an Online World?; 2009; Krosnick, J. A.
- The Presentation of a Web Survey, Nonresponse and Measurement Error among Members of Web Panel; 2009; Tourangeau, R., Groves, R. M., Kennedy, C., Yan, T.
- Indicators for the representativeness of survey response; 2009; Schouten, B., Cobben, F., Bethlehem, J.
- Do we hear different voices?: Investigating the differences between internet and non-internet users...; 2009; Zhang, C., Callegaro, M., Thomas, M., DiSogra, C.
- Recruiting Probability-Based Web Panel Members Using an Address-Based Sample Frame: Results from a Pilot...; 2009; DiSogra, C., Callegaro, M., Hendarwan, E.
- The Challenge and Importance of Including Spanish-Dominant Latinos in an Online Panel; 2009; Dennis, J. M., Wells, T., Torres, J.
- Web Panel Studies of the 2008 Election; 2009; Dennis, J. M., Tompson, T.
- Comparison Study of Early Adopter Attitudes and Online Behavior in Probability and Non-Probability Web...; 2009; Dennis, J. M., Osborn, L., Semans, K.
- Summary of KnowledgePanel® Design; 2009; Dennis, J. M.
- Presentation of a Single Item versus a Grid: Effects on the Vitality and Mental Health Scales of the...; 2009; Callegaro, M., Shand-Lubbers, J., Dennis, J. M.
- Computing Response Rates for Probability-Based Web Panels; 2009; DiSogra, C., Callegaro, M.
- Computer-Assisted Audio Recording (CARI): Repurposing a Tool for Evaluating Comparative Instrument Design...; 2009; Edwards, B., Hicks, W., Tourangeau, K., Harris-Kojetin, L., Moss, A.
- Do online translated questionnaires result in higher response rates for patient surveys?; 2009; Boyd, J., Davis, A.
- A comparison of two mixed mode designs: cati-capi and web-cati-capi; 2009; Beukenhorst, D., Wetzels, W.
- Comparison between Liss panel (web) and ESS data (face to face); 2009; Revilla, M., Saris, W. E.
- Is a cell phone really a personal device? Results from the first wave of a mobile phone panel on sharing...; 2009; Fuchs, M., Busse, B.
- Ethical Considerations in the Use of Paradata in Web Surveys; 2009; Couper, M. P., Singer, E.
- Online Analysis and Programmed Disclosure Risk Protection: New Access to Restricted-use Microdata; 2009; McFarland O’Rourke, J., Rush, S. H., Maxwell, C.
- Using the Available On-line Secondary Data in Education and Research Practice; 2009; Perek-Bialas, J.
- Nice portal! But where is the data . . . ? - Experiences of a data archive with offering online access...; 2009; Mauer, R.
- Making Use of Online Survey Documentation & Analysis; 2009; Terwey, M.
- Access to Survey Data on the Internet; 2009; Kolsrud, K.
- Motivating different groups: questionnaire topic and participation rates; 2009; Marchand, M.
- How to cover the general public by Internet interviewing; 2009; Das, M.
- The Internet sample; 2009; Getka-Wilczynska, E.
- New Challenges in Sampling: Introduction; 2009; Laaksonen, S.
- Presenting Answers in Random Order: A generic approach for presenting enumeration answers in random...; 2009; Lina, M.
- A Systematic Approach to Debugging in the Blaise Environment: An Author's Perspective; 2009; Sparks, P.
- Paradata and Blaise: A Review of Recent Applications and Research; 2009; O’Reilly, J.
- BlaiseIS at Statistics Netherlands; 2009; de Bolster, G.
- Development of Survey and Case Management facilities for organisations with minimal survey infrastructure...; 2009; Wensing, F.
- Case Management System Based on Wireless Telecommunications; 2009; Kuusela, V., Räikkönen, T., Vikki, K.
- Quality assurance through Computer Audio- Recorded Interviewing (CARI): The Statistics New Zealand Case...; 2009; Seymour, C.
- Be mindful of cellphone interviews; 2009; Anonymous
- If You Provide It, Will They Read It? Response Time Effects in a Choice Experiment; 2009; Vista, A. B., Rosenberger, R. S., Collins, A. R.
- File transfer with built-in editing features; 2009; Erikson, J.
- From paper to internet: Design challenges when mixing modes in longitudinal surveys; 2009; Stax, H.-P., Thomsen, P.
- The Use of Audit Trails in Business Web Surveys; 2009; Snijkers, G., Morren, M.
- Comparing the results of Web surveys on volunteer versus probabilistically selected panels of participants...; 2009; Galesic, M.
- Using Mail Contact to Sample and Encourage Submission of Questionnaire Answers Over the Internet; 2009; Dillman, D. A., Messer, B. L., Millar, M. M.
- Interactive aspects of web surveys; 2009; Conrad, F. G.
- Use of Web surveys in Official Statistics; 2009; Bethlehem, J.
- Donations to charity as incentives in online panels; 2009; Goeritz, A.; Hox, J.
- The Electronic Questionnaire Experience in Business Surveys: mode effects on quality and on response...; 2009; Biffignandi, S., Siesto, G., Zeli, A.