Web Survey Bibliography
Title Using the Multimedia Capabilities of Web-Enabled Probability-Based Survey Methodology to Gather Vaccination Information for the National Immunization Program
Source International Conference on Questionnaire Development, Evaluation, and Testing Methods (QDET), 2002
Access date 26.05.2004
Abstract The Centers for Disease Control elicited a project to survey a sample of first-time parents of children less than 2 years of age and to query them about their attitudes toward several vaccination safety media-messages. Research Triangle Institute & Knowledge Networks designed a project using the Knowledge Networks web-enabled panel that provided an excellent vehicle for (a) conducting the screening to find eligible respondents, and (b) for presenting visual and audio stimuli depicting the various forms of the vaccination communications to be evaluated. The proposed conference presentation will focus on (1) the elements to be considered in developing a multi-media survey, (2) the experimentation with items formats that was required, (3) the rationale for the design decisions that were made concerning specific question items for this project, and (4) the presentation and evaluation of comparative multimedia survey items as viewed by potential respondents for this health-related project. This discussion may be of interest to a broad audience of researchers who are facing problems and searching for strategies for developing survey items that use the multi-media capabilities of the web to their fullest. Staff from both Research Triangle Institute and Knowledge Networks will participate in making the presentation.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract)
Year of publication2002
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - Dennis, J. M. (44)
- An experimental investigation of the effects of noncontingent and contingent incentives in recruiting...; 2012; Lavrakas, P. J., Dennis, J. M., Peugh, J., Shand-Lubbers, J., Lee, E., Peugh, J., Charlebois, O., Murakami...
- Using Probability-based On-line Samples to Calibrate Non-probability Opt-in Samples; 2012; DiSogra, C., Cobb, C. L., Chan, E., Dennis, J. M.
- Experimenting with Noncontingent and Contingent Incentives in a Media Measurement Panel; 2012; Lavrakas, P. J., Dennis, J. M., Peugh, J., Shand-Lubbers, J., Lee, E.
- Investigating Nonresponse Bias in a Nonresponse Bias Study; 2012; Lavrakas, P. J., Dennis, J. M., Peugh, J., Shand-Lubbers, J., Lee, E., Charlebois, O.
- Calibrating Non-Probability Internet Samples with Probability Samples Using Early Adopter Characteristics...; 2011; DiSogra, C., Cobb, C. L., Chan, E., Dennis, J. M.
- Examination of Panel Conditioning Effects in a Web-Based 2007-2008 Election Study.; 2011; Dennis, J. M., Kruse, Y., Tompson, T.
- Presentation of a single item versus a grid: Effects on the vitality and mental health subscales of...; 2010; Callegaro, M., Shand-Lubbers, J., Dennis, J. M.
- KnowledgePanel®: Processes & Procedures Contributing to Sample Representativeness & Tests for Self...; 2010; Dennis, J. M.
- Does Providing Internet Access to Non-Internet Households Affect Reported Media Behavior for Latinos...; 2010; Dennis, J. M., DiSogra, C.
- Using KnowledgePanel® to Improve the Sample Representativeness and Accuracy of Opt-in Panel Data...; 2010; Dennis, J. M., Peugh, J., Graham, P.
- Analysis of Late Responders to Probability-Based Web Panel Recruitment and Panel Surveys; 2010; Kruse, Y., DiSogra, C., Hendarwan, E., Dennis, J. M.
- Web Panel Studies of the 2008 Election: New Opportunities for Causal Analysis of Dynamic Change in the...; 2009; Dennis, J. M., Tompson, T.
- Producing Straightlining and Item Non-Differentiation in a Web Survey: How Visual Design Plays a Role...; 2009; Callegaro, M., Shand-Lubbers, J., Dennis, J. M.
- Patterns of response and non-response on an election day survey; 2009; Tompson, T., Dennis, J. M., Subias, S.
- The impact of news reports of survey findings on respondents in a longitudinal panel study; 2009; Tompson, T., Dennis, J. M., Kruse, Y.
- Panel Conditioning and Attrition in the AP-Yahoo! News Election Panel Study; 2009; Kruse, Y., Callegaro, M., Dennis, J. M., DiSogra, C., Subias, S., Lawrence, M., Tompson, T.
- The Challenge and Importance of Including Spanish-Dominant Latinos in an Online Panel; 2009; Dennis, J. M., Wells, T., Torres, J.
- Web Panel Studies of the 2008 Election; 2009; Dennis, J. M., Tompson, T.
- Comparison Study of Early Adopter Attitudes and Online Behavior in Probability and Non-Probability Web...; 2009; Dennis, J. M., Osborn, L., Semans, K.
- Description of Within-Panel Survey Sampling Methodology: The Knowledge Networks Approach; 2009; Dennis, J. M.
- Summary of KnowledgePanel® Design; 2009; Dennis, J. M.
- Presentation of a Single Item versus a Grid: Effects on the Vitality and Mental Health Scales of the...; 2009; Callegaro, M., Shand-Lubbers, J., Dennis, J. M.
- A comparison of results from an alcohol survey of a prerecruited Internet panel and the National Epidemiologic...; 2008; Heeren, T., Edwards, E., Dennis, J. M., Rodkin, S., Hingson, R. W., Rosenbloom D. L.
- Mode Effects on In-Person and Internet Surveys: A Comparison of the General Social Survey and Knowledge...; 2008; Smith, T. W., Dennis, J. M.
- Key Issues in Research Accuracy: Sources of bias and error in online research; 2008; Dennis, J. M., Callegaro, M.
- Making Quality Real: Delivering on a Promise of the Best Service and Online Survey Sample ; 2008; Dennis, J. M.
- More honest answers to surveys? A Study of data collection mode effects; 2007; Dennis, J. M., Li, R. J.
- Internet vs. Telephone; Examining Mode Effects in Alcohol Research; 2007; Rodkin, S., Heeren, T., Edwards, E., Dennis, J. M.
- Face-to-Face Recruitment of an Internet Survey Panel: Lessons from an NSF-Sponsored Demonstration Protect...; 2007; O'Muircheartaigh, C., Krosnick, J. A., Dennis, J. M.
- Results of a Within-Panel Web Survey Experiment of Mode Effects: Using the General Social Survey's National...; 2007; Dennis, J. M., Li, R. J.
- Data Collection Mode Effects Controlling for Sample Origins in a Panel Study: Telephone versus Internet...; 2005; Dennis, J. M., Chatt, C.Li, R. J.; de Rouvray, C.Pulliam, P.; de Rouvray, C.
- Benchmarking Knowledge Networks’ Web-enabled panel survey of selected GSS questions against GSS...; 2004; Dennis, J. M., Li, R. J., Chatt, C.
- Methodology for Probability-Based Recruitment for a Web-Enabled Panel; 2004; Pineau, V., Dennis, J. M.
- The Effects of Correcting for Sample Selection Bias in Internet Panel Surveys Based on Random Digit...; 2004; Cameron, T. A., de Shazo, J. R., Dennis, J. M., Lee, R. J.
- Data Collection Mode Effects Controlling for Sample Origins in an Internet Panel Survey; 2004; Dennis, J. M., Chatt, C.
- An Overview of Capabilities and Methodological Research Conducted by the Government and Academic Area...; 2004; Dennis, J. M.
- Correcting for Sample Selection Bias in Internet Panel Surveys Based on Random Digit Dialing Sampling...; 2003; Dennis, J. M., Li, R. J., de Shazo, J. R., Cameron, T. A.
- Data Collection Mode Effects Controlling for Sample Origins in a Panel Survey: Telephone versus Internet...; 2003; Chatt, C., Dennis, J. M., Li, R. J., Motta-Stanko A., Pulliam, P.
- An Evaluation of Nonresponse Bias in Internet Surveys Conducted Using the Knowledge Networks Panel; 2002; Seryakova, K., Dennis, J. M., Huggins, V. J.
- Using the Multimedia Capabilities of Web-Enabled Probability-Based Survey Methodology to Gather Vaccination...; 2002; McCready, W. C., Dennis, J. M., Thalji, L.
- Probability-Based Survey Research on the Internet; 2001; Krotki, K., Dennis, J. M.
- Response Timing and Coverage of Non-Internet Households in an Internet-Enabled Panel; 2001; Dennis, J. M.
- Are Internet Panels Creating Professional Respondents? A Study of Panel Effects.; 2001; Dennis, J. M.
- Questionnaire design for probability-based Web surveys; 2000; Dennis, J. M., de Rouvray, C., Couper, M. P.