Web Survey Bibliography
Title Using the Multimedia Capabilities of Web-Enabled Probability-Based Survey Methodology to Gather Vaccination Information for the National Immunization Program
Source International Conference on Questionnaire Development, Evaluation, and Testing Methods (QDET), 2002
Access date 26.05.2004
Abstract The Centers for Disease Control elicited a project to survey a sample of first-time parents of children less than 2 years of age and to query them about their attitudes toward several vaccination safety media-messages. Research Triangle Institute & Knowledge Networks designed a project using the Knowledge Networks web-enabled panel that provided an excellent vehicle for (a) conducting the screening to find eligible respondents, and (b) for presenting visual and audio stimuli depicting the various forms of the vaccination communications to be evaluated. The proposed conference presentation will focus on (1) the elements to be considered in developing a multi-media survey, (2) the experimentation with items formats that was required, (3) the rationale for the design decisions that were made concerning specific question items for this project, and (4) the presentation and evaluation of comparative multimedia survey items as viewed by potential respondents for this health-related project. This discussion may be of interest to a broad audience of researchers who are facing problems and searching for strategies for developing survey items that use the multi-media capabilities of the web to their fullest. Staff from both Research Triangle Institute and Knowledge Networks will participate in making the presentation.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract)
Year of publication2002
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - International Conference on Questionnaire Development, Evaluation, and Testing Methods (QDET), 2002 (8)
- Evaluation of Users' Experience of the Census 2000 Internet Form; 2002; Stapleton, C., Murphy, E. D.
- Satisfaction Scales in a CAWI Survey on University Teaching Evaluation; 2002; Fabbris, L.
- Identifying and Reducing the Response Burden in Internet Business Surveys; 2002; Haraldsen, G., Roll-Hansen, D., Notnes, T.
- Evaluation of a Questionnaire Design for Dependent Interviewing in a Web Survey; 2002; Hoogendoorn, A.
- Using the Multimedia Capabilities of Web-Enabled Probability-Based Survey Methodology to Gather Vaccination...; 2002; McCready, W. C., Dennis, J. M., Thalji, L.
- Web as questionnaire designing tool: Is there a limit?; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Hlebec, V., Vehovar, V.
- Usability Testing of Web Data Collection Instruments; 2002; Wiebe, E. F., Thalji, L.
- Testing Web Questionnaires; 2002; Crawford, S. D., Baker, R. P.