Web Survey Bibliography
The rapid increase in digital technology is transforming many industries including the market research sector. A seemingly never-ending stream of new technological developments has been coming into the market in recent years, developments which require careful assessment and potential deployment in the companies for which we all work. Technology is unquestionably providing cheaper and faster research for the client. What is also true is that, to remain competitive, all businesses need to be aware of the new technologies that are available to them, and to be able to apply them to any parts of their business very quickly, where appropriate.
TGI, BMRB’s syndicated product and media consumption survey, is no exception. The study is a 25000 sample postal survey with recruitment undertaken on the back of the BMRB Omnibus. This method has remained unchanged for many years. In general, 70% of Omnibus respondents agree to complete the TGI questionnaire, of which 50% return a usable version, one that satisfies our stringent quality procedures. However, as is the case for all types of surveys in recent years, be they face to face, telephone, postal or even Internet surveys, response rates have been falling. This is something we have all had to battle against with ever more creative methods.
Even for what can be described as a fairly traditional type of survey such as TGI, it has been incumbent upon the TGI team to look continuously at all elements of the research survey process including questionnaire design, fieldwork, reminders and data delivery, to see how new technology might improve the way we operate and to make the research process more efficient. Specifically, can the new technology add value to the product, will it improve quality, or will it reduce costs. Or, if we are really fortunate, can the new technology deliver on all three fronts.
Homepage (abstract)/(full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - Other (451)
- Use of FedEx: Early, Late or Never?; 2008; Pope, D.
- E-mail and Postcard Invitation Designs to Maximize Web-Survey Responses Rates; 2008; Kaplowitz, M. D., Lupi, F., Couper, M. P., Thorp, L.
- The Impact of the Spacing of the Scale Options in a Web Survey; 2008; Kennedy, C., Tourangeau, R., Conrad, F. G., Couper, M. P., Redline, C. D.
- How Visual Composition of Web Pages Influences Survey Response; 2008; Mahon-Haft, T., Dillman, D. A.
- An Analysis of Mode Effects in Three Mixed-Mode Surveys of Veteran and Military Populations; 2008; Rachev, B., Yang, M., Davis, D., Szoc, R.
- Gender-of-Interviewer Effects in Video-Enhanced Web Surveys. Results from a Randomized Field-Experiment...; 2008; Fuchs, M.
- Mail and Internet Surveys ; 2008; Dillman, D. A.
- Online research ethics; 2007; Madge, C.
- An Internet-Based Stated Choices Household Survey for Alternative Fuelled Vehicles ; 2007; Potoglou, D., Kanaroglou, P. S.
- ONLINE DATA COLLECTION – SOLUTION OR BAND-AID?; 2007; Crassweller, A., Williams, D., Thompson, I.
- EMBRACING TECHNOLOGY IN READERSHIP SURVEYS; 2007; Impedovo, D., Greene, D.
- MAGAZINE EFFECTIVENESS NOW DIRECTLY OBSERVABLE; 2007; Green, M.
- Applications of the Document Object Model (DOM) in Web-Surveys; 2007; Neubarth, W., Kaczmirek, L.
- Improving Data Quality in Web Surveys with Visual Analogue Scales; 2007; Funke, F., Reips, U. -D.
- Calibration and propensity score weighting in web surveys; 2007; Fabrizi, E., Biffignandi, S.
- THE READERSHIP CURRENCY: DUTCH DESIGN How a new methodology for AIR measurement opens up new perspectives...; 2007; Petric, I., Appel, M.
- Using Audio and Video Clips in Web Surveys — Feasibility and Impact on Data Quality; 2007; Fuchs, M., Funke, F.
- Using user feedback: Redesigning the "Survey of Industrial production"; 2007; Conrad, A.
- Making Sense of Data via the Web; 2007; Anolik, I.
- Design Details in Web Surveys; 2007; Couper, M. P.
- Employee Surveys Administered Online: Attitudes Toward the Medium, Nonresponse, and Data Representativeness...; 2007; Thompson, L. F., Surface, E. A.
- Testing for the survey mode effect on contingent valuation data quality: A case study of web based versus...; 2007; Marta-Pedroso, C., Freitas, H., Domingos, T.
- A comparison of reliability between telephone and web-based surveys; 2007; Braunsberger, K., Wybenga, H., Gates, R.
- Media usage in the age of Web 2.0 ; 2007; Trump, T., Spahlinger, M. P.
- The impact of the duration of affiliation and the intensity of questioning on the willingness of participation...; 2007; Wachenfeld, A.
- Quality of Online Research: Does it Improve Results? ; 2007; Lindemann, M.
- New Access to Information laws in Germany - a big bang for Computer-Assisted Reporting (CAR)? ; 2007; Redelfs, M.
- Subjective Anonymity in Online-Surveys ; 2007; Strassnig, B.
- A closer look at the effect of recruitment methods on data quality for online panel surveys ; 2007; Irmer, C., Wenzel, O., Peichl, M.
- Disclosure and Deception in Tomorrow's Survey lnterview; 2007; Hancock, J.
- Scaling Social Desirability: Establishing its Influence Across Modes; 2007; Krane, D., Thomas, R. K., Taylor, H.
- Web and Paper Surveys: Validity, Reliability, and Practically; 2007; Miller, L.
- To Branch or Not to Branch: Item Construction in Web Surveys; 2007; Grosse, A., Luks, S., Rivers, D.
- What's Missing from National RDD Surveys? The Impact of Growing Cell-Only Population.; 2007; Keeter, S., Kennedy, C., Tompson, T., Mokrzycki, M., Clark, A.
- Assessment of Variations in Response Rate of Web-Based Student Surveys; 2007; Mitra, A., McCoy, T., Champion, H., O'Brian, M., Gupta, M., Wolfson, M.
- Social Aspects of Mobile Phone Usage and Their Impact on Survey Cooperation; 2007; Vehovar, V., Callegaro, M.
- Compensating for low topic interest and long surveys: A field experiment on nonresponse in Web surveys...; 2007; Marcus, B., Bosnjak, M., Lindner, S., Pilischenko, S., Schuetz, A.
- Lotteries as Incentives in Longitudinal Web Studies; 2007; Goeritz, A., Wolff, H.-G.
- Design of Web Questionnaires: The Effect of Layout in Rating Scales ; 2006; Toepoel, V., Das, M., van Soest, A.
- Web-based Surveys in Logistics Research: An Empirical Application; 2006; Grant, D. B., Teller, C., Teller, W.
- Privacy laws, internet scams and other challenges affecting panel research Strategies to mitigate risk...; 2006; Stark, D.
- Perceptions of News Credibility about the War in Iraq: Why War Opponents Perceived the Internet as the...; 2006; Choi, J.H., Watt, J.H., Lynch, M.
- Weighting an Internet Panel Survey on Drug Use and Abuse; 2006; Gordek, H., Williams, R. L., Dai, L.
- Results from the International Survey of ASA Members; 2006; Luo, A., Sangster, R.
- Web-based data collection in China; 2006; Davison, R. M., Li, Y., Kam, C. S. P.
- Merely Incidental?: Effects of Response Format on Self-reported Behavior; 2006; Thomas, R. K., Klein, J. D.
- Can Web and Mail Survey Modes Improve Participation in an RDD-based National Health Surveillance?; 2006; Link, M. W., Mokdad, A.
- Encuestas a empleados a través de Internet: Conceptos y descubrimientos; 2006; Reips, U. -D.
- Collecting data on alcohol use and alcohol-related victimization: a comparison of telephone and Web-...; 2006; Parks, K. A., Pardi, A. M., Bradizza, C. M.
- Feasibility of Using Web-based Questionnaires in Large Population-based Epidemiological Studies; 2006; Ekman, A., Dickman, P. W., Klint, A., Weiderpass, E., Litton, J.-E.