Web Survey Bibliography
At Statistics Finland the CAPI system was introduced in 1993 for the use of the Social Survey Unit (see Kuusela, 1995). Since then the system has been renovated several times. The most important change was in mid 90s when the Case Management System (CMS) was renewed from trivial (all interviewers had the whole sample) to an object based system (see Kuusela, 1997). The basic structure of the implemented CMS has proved to be reliable and enduring. The next major change took place at the end of millennium when user interfaces were designed anew applying the possibilities provided by the modern Windows tools (see Kuusela, 2001). The CMS of Statistics Finland CAPI system was renewed in 2008 - 2009 and it is currently operational.
In the previous system data exchange between field interviewers and office was based on traditional fixed telephone lines and modems. Modern telecommunications facilities provide new possibilities which did not exist few years ago. The new system is based on wireless telecommunications, Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN). The WWAN system for data transmission makes use of mobile “modems” which connect a (laptop) computer to the Internet with a broadband type connection.
Conference homepage (abstract)/(full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - 12th International Blaise Users Conference (8)
- Presenting Answers in Random Order: A generic approach for presenting enumeration answers in random...; 2009; Lina, M.
- A Systematic Approach to Debugging in the Blaise Environment: An Author's Perspective; 2009; Sparks, P.
- Paradata and Blaise: A Review of Recent Applications and Research; 2009; O’Reilly, J.
- BlaiseIS at Statistics Netherlands; 2009; de Bolster, G.
- Development of Survey and Case Management facilities for organisations with minimal survey infrastructure...; 2009; Wensing, F.
- Case Management System Based on Wireless Telecommunications; 2009; Kuusela, V., Räikkönen, T., Vikki, K.
- Quality assurance through Computer Audio- Recorded Interviewing (CARI): The Statistics New Zealand Case...; 2009; Seymour, C.
- Converting to Blaise 4.8 for CATI and CAWI Surveys; 2009; Hart, L., Reid, S.