Web Survey Bibliography
Longitudinal surveys face a number of unique methodological challenges in addition to having to deal with all the issues faced by other surveys. This presentation will focus on those aspects of methodology that are unique to longitudinal surveys or that have rather distinct properties in the case of longitudinal surveys. I will outline those aspects and, for each, will present a brief overview of methodological research in the area, focussing particularly on recent and current research and outlining a desirable future research agenda. Topics discussed will include sample design, between-wave intervals, keeping track of sample members and maintaining co-operation, adjusting for panel attrition, panel conditioning, and instrument design to minimise measurement error in measures of change.
Conference homepage (abstract)
Web Survey Bibliography - Lynn, P. (33)
- Issues of Coverage and Sampling in Web Surveys for the General Population: An Overview; 2013; Lynn, P.
- An Initial Look at Non-Response and Attrition in Understanding Society; 2012; Lynn, P., Burton, J., Kaminska, O., Knies, G., Nandi, A.
- The Propensity of Older Respondents to Participate in a General Purpose Survey; 2012; Lynn, P.
- Mode-Switch Protocols: How a Seemingly Small Design Difference can affect Attrition Rates and Attrition...; 2012; Lynn, P.
- Going online with a face-to-face household panel: Initial results from an experiment on the UK Household...; 2012; Jaeckle, A., Lynn, P., Burton, J.
- ISER working paper 2011-31. Is it a good idea to optimise question format for mode of data collection...; 2011; Nicolaas, G., Campanelli, P., Hope, S., Jaeckle, A., Lynn, P.
- A classification of question characteristics relevant to measurement (error) and consequently important...; 2011; Campanelli, P., Nicolaas, G., Jaeckle, A., Lynn, P., Hope, S., Blake, M., Gray, M.
- Maintaining Cross-Sectional Representativeness in a Longitudinal General Population Survey ; 2011; Lynn, P.
- The Effect of a Mixed Mode Wave on Subsequent Attrition in a Panel Survey: Evidence from the Understanding...; 2011; Lynn, P.
- Is it a good idea to optimise question format for mode of data collection? Results from a mixed modes...; 2011; Nicolaas, G., Campanelli, P., Hope, S., Jaeckle, A., Lynn, P., Nandi, A.
- The role of the interviewer in producing mode effects: results from a mixed modes experiment; 2011; Hope, S., Campanelli, P., Nicolaas, G., Lynn, P., Jaeckle, A., Nandi, A.
- The role of visual and aural stimuli in producing mode effects on answers to survey questions; 2011; Lynn, P., Hope, S., Campanelli, P., Nandi, A., Nicolaas, G., Jaeckle, A.
- Causes of Mode Effects on Survey Measurement ; 2011; Lynn, P., Campanelli, P., Nicolaas, G., Hope, S., Nandi, A., Jaeckle, A.
- The effects of mixed mode designs on simple and complex analyses; 2011; Martin, P., Lynn, P.
- Survey Response via Mobile Phone: A Total Survey Error Perspective; 2011; Kaminska, O., Lynn, P.
- Weighting Strategy for Understanding Society; 2010; Lynn, P., Kaminska, O.
- Lessons from a Randomised Experiment with Mixed-Mode Designs for a Household Panel Survey; 2010; Lynn, P., Uhrig, S.C. N., Burton, J.
- The ESRC Survey Resources Network - Opportunities for the advancement of survey methods; 2010; Lynn, P., Erens, B.
- Sample Design for Understanding Society ; 2009; Lynn, P.
- The Potential of a Multi-mode Data Collection Design to Reduce non-response bias. The Case of a Survey...; 2009; Sala, E., Lynn, P.
- Methodological Research for Longitudinal Surveys; 2009; Lynn, P.
- Mixed Modes and Measurement Error: Comparing face-to-face, telephone and web modes ; 2009; Hope, S., Nicolaas, G., Jäckle, A., Lynn, P., Nandi, A., Campanelli, P.
- Methodology of Longitudinal Surveys (Wiley Series in Survey Methodology); 2009; Lynn, P.
- New Methodologies in Sampling Rare and Elusive Populations; 2009; Pal, S., Thompson, S., Kalton, G., Lynn, P.
- Respondent Incentives in a Multi-Mode Panel Survey: Cumulative Effects on Non-Response and Bias; 2008; Jäckle, A., Lynn, P.
- The Problem of Nonresponse; 2008; Lynn, P.
- Methodology in Our Madness; 2007; Lynn, P.
- Using Multiple Modes to Collect Data in Surveys; 2007; Lynn, P.
- The Use of Web Surveys in the UK Household Longitudinal Study; 2007; Jaeckle, A., Laurie, H., Lynn, P.
- Inferential Potential of Non-Probability Samples; 2005; Lynn, P.
- In the Long Run: lessons from a panel survey respondent incentive experiment; 2004; Jäckle, A., Lynn, P.
- Towards Standardisation of Survey Outcome Categories and Response Rate Calculations; 2003; Lynn, P., Beerten, R., Laiho, J., Martin, J.
- Response Rates as a Measure of Survey Quality; 2001; Beerten, R., Lynn, P., Laiho, J., Martin, J.