Web Survey Bibliography
Title The use of the Internet as a research tool: the nature and characteristics of seasonal affective disorder (SAD) amongst a population of users
Author Michalak, E. E.
Source Interacting with Computers, 9, 4, pp. 349-365
Access date 26.05.2004
Abstract Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a cyclical syndrome characterized by recurrent episodes of autumn or winter depression and atypical depressive symptoms. This paper describes the characteristics of an international sample of 425 Internet users who responded to newsgroup advertisements seeking people who experienced seasonal changes in mood and behaviour, and completed a modified version of the Seasonal Patterns Assessment Questionnaire. The relationship between SAD and latitude and the relatively novel use of the Internet as a means of data collection are discussed, with emphasis upon the theoretical, methodological and ethical issues encountered during such research.
Access/Direct link ScienceDirect (full text)
Year of publication1998
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - 1998 (169)
- Web Surveys - For Knowledge, Lead Management, And Increased Traffic; 1998; Nadler, R., Henning, J.
- Development of a Standard E-Mail Methodology: Results of an Experiment; 1998; Schaefer, D. R., Dillman, D. A.
- The effectiveness of commercial Internet Web sites: a user's perspective; 1998; Bell, H., Tang, N. K. H
- Using Internet/intranet web pages to collect organizational research data; 1998; Stanton, J. M., Rogelberg, S. G.
- Retooling: Data collection and analysis; 1998; Anonymous
- Market research on the web; 1998; McCullough, D.
- Researcher Believes Web Surveys Could Benefit by Offering Freebies; 1998; Kiernan, V.
- Software roundup; 1998; Kerven, A.
- The use of the Internet as a research tool: the nature and characteristics of seasonal affective disorder...; 1998; Michalak, E. E.
- What constitutes adoption of the Web: A methodological problem in assessing adoption of the World Wide...; 1998; White, M. D., Abels, E. G., Gordon-Murnane, L.
- Conducting full-profile conjoint analysis over the Internet; 1998; Orme, B., King, C.
- Growing up digital; 1998; Tapscott, D.
- Understanding Internet Adoption as Telecommunications Behavior; 1998; Atkin, D. J., Jeffres, L. W., Neuendorf, K.
- The use of computer technology by academics to communicate internationally: Computer mediated communication...; 1998; Anderson, C. M.
- Measuring Survey Quality in a CASIC Environment; 1998; Couper, M. P.
- Electronic and Mail Self-Administered Questionnaires: A Comparative Assessment of Use Among Elite Populations...; 1998; Sameer, A. Y., Steiger, D. M., Colleen, S.
- The new research tool; 1998; Bowers, D. K.
- Technical and Methodological Issues in WWW Surveys; 1998; Batagelj, Z., Vehovar, V.
- The CASIC Future; 1998; Baker, R. P.