Web Survey Bibliography
This fully revised and expanded edition of Doing Research in the Real World introduces readers to all the essential aspects of the research process and will be an essential guide to any student on a research methods course.
David Gray's clear and accessible introduction starts by setting out best approaches to the design of appropriate research tools, and leads the reader in to issues of data collection, analysis and writing up. Practically focused throughout, this book encourages the reader to develop an awareness of the real nature of research, and the many means by which data can be collected, validated and interpreted.
Gray's book will help students with the full research process and covers:
- How to select appropriate projects and research questions
- How to decide on the most effective research design strategies
- How to select and use appropriate data and literature sources
- How to choose and implement methods of data collection
- How to analyse and present data in a coherent and effective manner.
This new edition provides five new chapters on:
- Research Ethics
- Searching, Reviewing and Using the Literature
- Research Design using Qualitative Methods
- Mixed Methods research designs,
- Planning presentations and passing vivas.
In addition a wide variety of case studies and activities and new practical 'Top Tips' for the discerning researcher have been incorporated.
Written in a lively and accessible way Doing Research in the Real World can be used as a set text on an introductory methods course and can be used as an essential resource for students and researchers completing research projects across the Social Sciences, Education and Business Studies.
The book will be accompanied by a companion website, featuring tutor's notes, powerpoint slides, downloadable additional readings and weblinks.
Book homepage (abstract)
Web Survey Bibliography - Book (162)
- Book Review: Brand Together: How Co-creation Generates Innovation and Re-energizes Brands, by Nicholas...; 2013; Wilson, A.
- Historic Resource Surveys and the Internet; 2013; The Center for Historic Architecture University of Houston Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture
- The Handbook of Questionnaire Design; 2013; Krosnick, J. A., Fabrigar, L. R.
- Online Fundraising Essentials, Second Edition; 2013; Stevenson, S. C.
- Practical tools for designing and weighting survey samples; 2013; Valliant, R. L., Daver, J. A., Kreuter, F.
- Designing and conducting business surveys; 2013; Snijkers, G.,Araldsen, G., , Willimack, D. K.Jones, J.
- Understanding and Applying Research Design; 2013; Abbott, M. L., McKinney, J.
- The Science of Web Surveys; 2013; Tourangeau, R., Conrad, F. G., Couper, M. P.
- How to create online questionnaires: A beginner's guide to survey design for businesses and students...; 2013; Lipscomb, L.
- Survey of Cloud Computing; 2013; Furht, B.
- Questionnaire Design: How to Plan, Structure and Write Survey Material for Effective Market Research...; 2013; Brace, I.
- Using multivariate statistics, 6th Edition; 2012; Tabachnick, B. G., Fidell, L. S.
- The practice of social research; 2012; Babbie, E. R.
- Quality in market research. From theory to practice. 2nd Edition; 2012; Harding, D., Jackson, P.
- Mobile usability; 2012; Nielsen, J., Budiu, R.
- Guide to social science data preparation. Best practice throughout the data life cycle; 2012
- Best practices in data cleaning: A complete guide to everything you need to do before and after collecting...; 2012; Osborne, J. W.
- Survey Data Collection and Integration; 2012; Davino, C., Fabbris, L.
- Detecting Satisficing In Online Surveys: What we found ; 2012; Salifu, S.
- Conducting Online Surveys; 2012; Sue, V. M., Ritter, L. A.
- Flash Programming for the Social & Behavioral Sciences: A Simple Guide to Sophisticated Online Surveys...; 2012; Weinstein, Y.
- When to Use What Research Design ; 2012; Vogt, W. P., Gardner, D. C., Haeffele, L. M.
- Assessing the Quality of Survey Data ; 2012; Blasius, J.
- Collecting, Managing, and Assessing Data Using Sample Surveys; 2012; Stopher, P.
- Designing and Doing Survey Research; 2012; Andres, L.
- Handbook of Web Surveys; 2012; Bethlehem, J. Biffignandi, S.
- Voice-of-the-customer marketing: A revolutionary 5-step process to create customers who care, spend,...; 2011; Roman, E.
- Taking the pulse of public opinion: Leading and misleading indicators of the state of the nation; 2011; Bishop, G. F., Mockabee, S. T.
- Randomized response models in survey sampling. Randomized response models; 2011; Hussain, Z.
- Question evaluation methods. Contributing to the science of data quality; 2011; Madans, J., Miller, K., Maitland, A., Willis, G. B.
- Online survey research: Findings, best practices, and future research. Report prepared for the Advertising...; 2011; Vannette, D.
- Mass informed consent: Evidence on upgrading democracy with polls and new media; 2011; Simon, A. F.
- Latent class analysis of survey error; 2011; Biemer, P. P.
- Handbook of statistical data editing and imputation; 2011; Waal, T., Pannekoek, J.; Scholtus, S.
- Handbook of parametric and nonparametric statistical procedures, 5th Edition; 2011; Sheskin, D. J.
- Focus Group Methodology: Principle and Practice; 2011; Liamputtong, P.
- Exploring the digital nation. Computer and Internet use at home; 2011
- Ethical issues in Internet research; 2011; Hoerger, M., Currell, C.
- Essential methods for design based sample surveys; 2011; Pfeffermann, D., Rao, C. R.
- Audience evolution: New technologies and the transformation of media audiences; 2011; Napoli, P. M.
- American public opinion: Its origins, content, and impact (8th Edition); 2011; Erikson, R. S., Tedin, K. L.
- A theory of public opinion. A reprint of a classic book with a new introduction by H. Lee Cheek, Jr.; 2011; Wilson, F.
- Respondent collaboration in web survey design: developing a unique strategy for pre-testing questions...; 2011; Young, B. P.
- Introduction to behavioral research methods (6th ed.); 2011; Leary, M. R.
- Handbook of Nonresponse in Household Surveys ; 2011; Bethlehem, J., Cobben, F., Schouten, B.
- Investigating Change: Web-based Analyses of US Census and American Community Survey Data; 2011; Frey, W. H.
- The Decision Maker's Guide to Online Research; 2010
- The Gallup Poll: Public opinion 2009; 2010; Gallup, A. M.
- Surveying cultures: Discovering shared conceptions and sentiments; 2010; Heise, D. R.
- Sampling: design and analysis, 2nd Edition; 2010; Lohr, S. L.